Is 100-200 pips profit p/w possible?

Hi Guys,

Iam new to this site, as iam reletively new to forex trading.
I live in London and have an account with Capital Spreads. I was wondering if any of you out there had a system/strategy that can generate betweeen 100 and 200 pips per week? Iam looking for something fairly basic and that I can use on my current platform.

If anyone could post some ideas I really would be most thankful.

Cheers guys, I look forward to hearing from you.

Randburger.

Hi, 100-200 pips per week is definitely possible, depends on the traded pair. EURUSD and GBPUSD can give you movement like that. If you want to cheat you can trade EURJPY and GBPJPY too.

As for trading systems, have a look at the cowabunga system, and some other systems around this board. The thing is that you have to trade for a while in order to learn to be consistent; a trading system only works well in the hands of an experienced trader.

Hi jawnlooi,

thanks for your reply, i appreciate your feedback. could you possibly advise me which systems I should be looking at. Only there are quite a few out there and I just wondered which ones you would reccomend.

I have looked at the cowabunga method but i do not have the 4hr time frame required.

Your help is much appreciated,

Cheers,

Hi Randburger,

There are a ton of good forex system in the “Free Forex Trading Systems” section of the forums. Whatever your trading style is you’ll find one to suit it there.

I’d recommend starting with the NickB trading method. You can find a thread about it in the Trading Systems section.

I also highly recommend the NickB method, which is what I’m using at the moment. It is absolutely awesome, and I have never had under 100 pips/week since I started it on January 29, 2009. Well 29 and 30 were the last two days of the week I made 50 pips there (the only week I have had under 100).

Betting,

If you’re trading the NickB method you should have had many weeks under 100 pips since the beginning of the year.

In fact, looking back in my records I only have a couple of 100+ pip weeks this year from NickB trades.

Would you mind heading over to the NickB’s 4H Scalping Method thread and tell us what you’re doing. :slight_smile:

LOL, I’ll third nickb’s method. Best of all he gives out an easy to understand e-book absolutely free. If you can’t find it here, go to forex4noobs dot com, where he announces his potential trades for the week and blogs on them.

So, far I’ve done 8 trades with his system. (some of those weren’t ones he would have taken) Won 6 of those and came out with postive +193 pips. Could have been more, but I stupidly let one run. (That seems to be my personal demon I have to work on, lol)