Is 1000 pips per day possible

Even, if you are a regular customer don’t follow any specific target since, there is no guarantee in Forex.

It’s a good message with nice description. Thank you ram. Good luck

An absolute pleasure to read. Well informed and illustrated points throughout.

1 Like

I think on balance you are correct to consider a trade in terms of percentage gain rather than pip count. Typically, I’ll look to risk 1% of account balance in a position but that will usually be made up of perhaps five individual trades of 0.2 % positions at various entry points on an overall move. I trade the five positions as a whole and will close out all positions at a given point. Some will be in profit and some not. The point is in a winning trade the trade as a whole will be up by a given percentage of balance and I care not the number of pips the position has made.

You can take 10 pips at the risk of all for a while. Then one day, lose your deposit. I do not know what will happen before - the loss of a deposit or its doubling.

This is really horribly wrong.

It isn’t. No “professional” trader would dream of following this advice. No profitable trader would dream of following this advice, either. No trader with any experience would, either. It’s exactly the opposite to what people should be doing.

The important thing is to allow the stop-loss to be determined by the chart, your trading-plan, your edge, and what you’ve tested and proven to be successful over the long term. Then AFTER determining the stop-loss, you work out from that and your pre-set risk-parameter what size the position should be.

Determining the stop-loss level from the percentage of the account is exactly the opposite of what anyone should do.

It’s really disheartening, to see “advice” like this being offered, here. It’s not helping the forum or its members.

4 Likes

I strongly agree with Lukas here on this point

Lukas said

i’m not a professional
I am a PROFITABLE TRADER

and i personally agree, this advice is bloody stupid

what Lukas said is correct

also by your trading Plan
also by what you have tested… MOST IMPORTANTLY BY WHAT YOU HAVE TESTED TO BE CORRECT.

and then
Yes, After determining the stop loss position, and before placing the trade. figure out if the risk is acceptable
so… IF IT HITS THE S/L will you be ok

LUKAS IS 100% CORRECT., i concur with his comment.

2 Likes

My real concern is that this looks more and more like the “David Branco fiasco”.

I’m not suggesting they’re the same person, of course.

But the pattern of behaviour is obviously very similar indeed.

• The person is here to promote something (website/service/whatever)
  • They post with promotional motivation
  • The moderators conceal those posts and contact the person (maybe by automated messge)
  • He takes no notice and carries on doing it
  • The “advice” offered by the person is really horribly, shockingly bad, ridiculously so
  • It’s obvious from the person’s knowledge-level that it’s far easier for them to earn something from “mentoring” or from affiliate commissions or whatever else than it is from actually trading, themselves
  • More and more regular members gradually realise what’s going on and get irritated by it, and increasingly they say so openly
  • This leads to a bad atmosphere on the board and helps nobody
  • The problem is left to fester and brew up and gets worse until eventually it’s attended to, only after real damage has been done

That’s what’s happened with several other members here, over the years, and it’s happening again now.

Is it possible for the forum to do something about this situation please, @Pipstradamus ?

4 Likes

where is the HAHAHA button? are you a new trader Lukas?>

It is - we all agree, about that. (It’s consistent with the other “advice” he offers, though).

I agree. Well, you’ve summarised the situation very well and accurately, with your longer post just above.

The moderators are aware of what’s going on here, and are becoming increasingly sensitive to these issues in which the forum’s abused and filled with nonsensical “advice” offered for promotional purposes. Don’t panic - it will doubtless be resolved soon enough (particularly if he keeps making personal comments like the ones above).

2 Likes

Where is the HAHAHAHA button indeed

Lukas is not a new trader by any means , mate

@rrram2

hey ram
Ok

• firstly, you could really show some respect

• Secondly… re this

first of all, your comment is stupid and has nothing to do with what he asked
but secondly
ARE YOU A SUCCESFUL TRADER ?
I am… and I AM SAYING YOU ARE WRONG… ok

so, Who are you and what is your trading experience that you would prove me wrong.
you seem to be wanting to argue with @LukasVisser now and you are basically spurting out irrelevant crap

What Lukas said to you is correct

i mean this statement is really really dumb

so…???
do lawyers not have jobs
What a stupid statement

Mate, LEARN SOME RESPECT OK

2 Likes

I suppose it is possible to earn this amount of pips daily, however, the risks in this occasion are going to be extremely high, which is justified only in case of expanding the deposit.

it’s fully dependent of you, and i think need minimum 3 year’s experience.

It is clear from your post that you’re a newcomer. Firstly, you’ve bought an indicator of questionable origin. Secondly, it’s silly to expect to have 1000 pips everyday. It’s a great luck for a trader and it doesn’t happen that often.

1 Like

Set your daily trading target according to your live performance! Don’t try to make sudden money here.

and even if you could , it’s not even necessary

Didn’t we thin he was talking 100 pips (1000 points) early in the thread ?

Anyway, he’s not been here for 3 weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

possibly
but my comment still stands :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/rrram2/s-v/2676350

there is your 1000 pips a day two days in a row, Wednesday and Thursday, live obviously. Friday today, well im worn out so resting! :slight_smile: