Is 20mins aday enough to learn and trade?

I’d think 20 minutes wouldn’t really cut it… you could probably slowly learn theory over that time, but it’ll be difficult if not impossible to actually practice trading in that time i’d suspect.

Wow, this thread is still going, i’d have thought a simple yes or no by now would have sorted the answer :wink:

Guys, I think 20 minutes isn’t enough for any traders, both new and old traders. I know you can spend a few minutes to make an order. But to decide in those minutes, you need to learn, research the news, historical data, trends,… it can spend you at least 1-2 hours before to trade.

for someone new or curious, it’s always great to hear detailed answers :wink:

Ok, fair enough…

I spent 6 hours a day, for 18 months, not including Sundays (>2,500 hours) - after this period of time I started to find the little golden nuggets of information which are really worth holding onto. Being at University made this possible as you are literally free for 7 days a week with a few hours of lectures per day…I guess I had to find something to pass the time :wink:

And the Sundays were left spare for the Girlfriend, I suppose I have to arrange my priorities.

managing to trade and learn to trade while in Uni is an incredible feat in itself.
about the girlfriend, i just need to warn you about breaking up because of her getting jealous with your trading :smiley: very few understand and put up with us traders, but if she does you are very lucky :wink:

It’s ok, she is an ex-girlfriend now :33:

…so no, not ‘lucky’ this time around

amen to trading while going to uni. class gets out no later than 1pm and i spend the rest of the day learning.

as for 20min a day to trade, thats just ridiculous. to be good at anything you need to invest at least 4 hours a day into whatever youre trying to achieve imo.

see, I am nostradamus. :smiley:
with your girlfriend out of the way and focus intact, I predict a profitable journey ahead. still lucky
:wink:

Paying the costs to be the boss! Focus is strong in this one.

I try to put in 2-4 hours per day, with 2 kids and a full time job. This means studying instead of surfing/youtubing/redditing quite often. But life generally works in such a way where if you sacrifice now, you get more in the end. Studying hard now should free me up to do whatever I want for the most part in 5-10 years from now.

An old thread but still one that’s still relevant. The answers here are straight to the point also.

Learn only 20 minutes per day to learn about forex trading if in my opinion it is still lacking, let alone used for trading, but if the portion of time available for learning is only 20 minutes per day then this could be done, but it might be close with full speculation, because traders can apply trading plans for long-term trading plans

The answer has to be no ! - 20 minutes could give you time to decide on a bet - IF you’re only looking at a single pair - possibly two. - NO learning time in that !

But there are 168 hours in a week - get up 2 hours earlier ! :smile:

Trading is a complicated business requiring consistently painstaking efforts. 20 minutes a day doesn’t sound realistic if you want to trade seriously. You’ll need to put in more hours and be regular.

Frankly speaking no. Forex trading is too vast, complex and dynamic for you to put in just 20 minutes daily. Ask any of the successful traders. They’d agree too.

No, don’t be a lazy couch potato and expect money to come your way, Forex is a skillful trait and it can definitely make you rich! after you’re done busting your balls off that is. which isn’t easy.

Serious trader know how much time is sufficient for trading. Once you will open terminal for learning purpose you know better it is not a business of minutes. You have to spend time with passion. There is not 2+2=4 like trading. When you go for trading every thing seems different from last day trading then you need a new analysis that will take some time.

Not at all, if you are looking to invest huge amount.
It would be better to hire expert for consultation as well as learning

When you will become an expert then 20 minutes can be sufficient for you to take decisions. However, at the initial phase, I think you will require at least one-two hours per day to employ in your learning. But half an hour in trading can be minor as you may require to conduct analysis.