Is anyone here fundmental options traders as well?

hi forex friends…according to my personal point of view, Barack Obama is not going to change the world. What i mean is that there’s a lot of economic, political and financial interest behind him, such as the Fed interests and the IMF, and many others. He has no power to make for those institutions to change in 4 years. We need more time to make tangible changes.

As I see it many people see US new president as our savior, like our hero, it seems they have given him the title of The One". I really just see him as another president who has some strategies to help solve some crisis but that’s it “strategies” I really hope he can start something important for the change. But I want to ask something, yes American people have economic problems, however I wonder If Obama is going to attack the greatest problem United States has, according to my point of view, Overconsumption. What about it?

well, i think the over consumption subject is already old fashioned. It doesn’t mean that i agree with it, but, it is simply the way that US and most of the Western countries have to put the economic engines to work. Actually, it has strong roots on the US way of life, so i really think that there’s no way at all for this situation to change…

Hi, I am replying to this thread with a question that is unrelated to the intial question. My reason for doing this is that the thread is about options, so this way I will reach some option-knowledgeble members of the forums - not sure if I am violation with rules, if so, I appologize and accept removal from thread.

Basically, I would like to ask exactly what it means when a currency cross (I am interested in options) has a historical volatility of, say, 10%. I understand that the 10% is the volatility expressed in annual terms, and that it represents a one standard deviation move. Also, I understand that one standard deviation represents two thirds (approximately) of all occurences, but - but then my question is - what does that mean exactly?

Will it mean that Currency cross X, at the beginning of the year is trading at 100, will, in two thirds of the cases, stay between [B]90 and 110[/B]? Or will it, in two thirds of the cases, stay between [B]95 and 105[/B]? Or none of the above?

This is basically my doubt.

Mistake of quoting :cool:

Pretty interesting information, I didn�t have any idea about the different kind of options offered; it really helps to obtain lower risk when trading, more during this time when the market has been very volatile. Thank you again. :slight_smile: