Is etoro a good broker?

What I don’t like in etoro is when you reach a certain amount($5k deposit or equivalent lots traded), your account will be
upgraded and you can no longer trade below 10000 units. you’ll be forced to trade with high leverage, unless you have really big account.

Sounds about right. They are really good training ground for newbies but not for the experienced. If you fell that you have the experience, try someone else, I’d say FXCM.

Good luck.

You’re never a loser until you quit trying.

I don’t know about that one, i think that rule has changed hey… I will ask them…

Good luck.

I checked out FXCM but the spreads are very high… Over 3 for most majors… And rollover fees… And that is typical spreads, these are not fixed like Etoro… Etoro has 2 pip spread on AUD and no rollover, that is hard to beat, i keep looking but no luck anywhere… Let me know if you know of any that can beat that… I just asked FXCM about the spread and the AUD can go as high as 5, oh my gosh that is crazy… anyways, each to its own…

Regards

Sorry that I’m bumping this, but I tried Oanda’s platform, MT4 (through Tickmill) and now EToro. Etoro so far is the only platform which gives me confidence that I know what I’m doing when trading, meaning while making the trade and also while monitoring it.

Now granted, I am a total beginner. However, I have one concern. I read many reviews about eToro and a common problem seems to be withdrawing money. I don’t plan to switch to real money for the time being (following the advice of the School of Pipsology), but still when I do switch I want to know that I can easily withdraw my money.

Does anyone have experience with eToro in 2016?

Why would anyone take a chance with a broker with such a bad reputation on withdrawals when there are other brokers much more trustworthy is beyond me

Latest joke of Etoro: Preventing to change SL and TP for EUR pairs during French election. Also closing loads of trades at rates that never existed.

Etoro was my first broker. It wasn’t through my own investment but to do with their 50 USD free bonus which was mainly available to follow top traders. I had terrible time with their system, as it was just so complicated and confusing; I don’t wasted much time on it. Now, I am with OctaFX where they have user-friendly structure and are very good broker that we can trust upon, so I feel pretty good with them and makes me feel great.

Latest joke of etoro: very strict new rules for being abled to get copied that nowhere can be found. Refusing people at random without telling them why for weeks…

enjoy:
https://www.etoro.com/posts/0__entry__8c9c7100-8140-4fc6-b0c3-f2db3ca30340

Etoro recently announced that they will stop offering Forex trading to Russian clients. The change comes into effect from September 13.

The decision is most likely made in compliance with Russian legislation, which requires a forex trading license from the Central Russian Bank, which they don’t have.

1 Like

Very funny again: There can still be traded with 400 leverage on Etoro. By this they brake the new rules. lLl my other eigth brokers have everything aranged. All of them are FCA btw…

And right now there is a MAJOR bug in case you adjust stoploss. I changed SL 1 pip and were immediately charged quite a big sum of money, resulting in negative balance wich should be impossible. When changing back the SL the screen tells me the money that just disappeared should come back but it does not.

So now I am left with a position with the same SL as before but with a negative balance. Quite big in ratio to the size of the position wich is quite small. For a microlot the vanished money would be 30 USD.

Freaking insane ONCE AGAIN.

Contacting their support is a complete waste of time so I will not even bother to do that

Their latest joke can be found here: https://www.etoro.com/posts/0__entry__68825fc3-573d-4e8c-ae30-bff898beb7b3

new joke: deleting critic https://www.etoro.com/posts/0__entry__5bb8d591-a5dc-4b04-8c83-bce01e6c782b

I guess welcome bonuses are created for testing brokers’ services only. It’s extremelly hard to raise funds of it without making deposits. As for Etoro, the Forex Broker is very popular in my country, but I’m not sure that it’s the best choice for trading. Its services are not the best on the market. :thinking:

I have to admit, one of the reasons i entered forex was because of etoro adds, lol but never actually joined them. cant say how well they are doing currently but there are some gray areas over the years.

I closed my account with eToro a few days ago. I did not have a good experience with that.

I haven’t decided on a new broker yet.

In my opinion, eToro is place to learn automate signal , social trading that help to copy and follow expert trader that different than other brokers always use MT4 and 5. You can test it by yourself on your demo account. Last year eToro announced had 8 million opened accounts.

https://www.etoro.com/posts/0__entry__19e93a7d-643e-4893-99ae-c4f354ae5ab2 Platform seems to freeze very often also

Broker is the bridge between parties of a trade execution where both are expected to have profitable trade execution services. And yes, I have been working with a regulated broker ForexChief and it is ensuring me lowest spread, 1:400 leverage, timely trade executions, complete security of capital, modern trading tools and techniques as well as easy transaction services and technically updated trading platform.