Is Forex, a quick way to make money

Both Metaquotes and Ctrader has tick volume and/or volume. The hour and the half hour shows the increasing and decreasing volume.

Tick volume makes sense- what is the source of this other ā€œvolumeā€?

IMO, volume by itself doesnā€™t really tell much , it has to be looked with the candlestick spread(highest wick to lowest wick) . and compared to the previous few bars .with this , I believe I could get an idea at present where we will go from here. Whether is a retrqcement of a trend or continuity of the current trend. It does tell how long or strong would it be. Still testing it. So far , pretty good.

Forex is not quick way to earn, many trader get fail in trading, so I think will good if new comer that willing to spent time learning and practice with demo account first before start in real account, many trader also get fail and losing huge money in forex, in addition if reckless newbie they will fail also I think

Where is your broker getting this volume data from - thatā€™s what Iā€™m getting at. It really doesnā€™t exist for the currency marketā€¦

best and most saying answer so far and so nicely said in only a few words.

joe, forexunlimited is trying to tell you that volume count doesnt exist in forex. you cant have any overview over the truly traded volumes. in stocks you can in commodities you can, in forex you cant.

See my posts today on the volume thread here in Newbie Islandā€¦

I guess forex trading can bring some good money but it took lot of patience and consistency. It is not the right place for those who wish to get high return with quick means.

Think Forex is a quick way to make money? Think again

:smiley: Every beginner should watch this.

It is a quick way if you know how :d

No it isnā€™t.

Forex is included in high risk business also high return, but forex is not easy way to get rich just overnight, forex will become reliable business if any trader they can learn well how to analyze the market, and to achieved they must learn and practice, if not yet ready spent money in real account they can use demo account for learning process

I offer an analogy ā€¦

Trying to make a living from trading forex is like being the pilot of a jumbo jet at take-off: the chances of successfully becoming airborne are directly proportional to the length of the runway, and pilots who try to do it from a short runway are likely to find themselves grounded in the terminal buildings (terminal being perhaps the operative word).

Exactly!!

:35:

Nice illustration! LOL

And there are countless other planes flying overhead that youā€™ll be trying to avoid if you get airborne.

Moral of the story:

TRADING FOREX IS LIKE ANY OTHER TRADING!

You need:

1. patience;

2. a plan;

3. capital (lots of it).

The best and quikest way to earn money in Forex is to have a friend who already earns money in Forex share his trading system with you.

thats a mis concept when people say forex is an easy way to make money, it can have the highest probability of earning good money compared to traditional jobs but, its not the easiest or fastest, but its a case to case basis, for example well organized groups or corporations can make good money with a good investment and so on, i guess what im trying to say is there are just too many possibilities with forex.