Is Forex Gambling?

I tell you what, forex traders hate the word “Gambling”, “Gambler” because it touches their little EGO, even though some are trading using gambling style but they’ll defend to death that they ain’t gamblers :19:

This should be in the quotes thread but it’s good here too
from a W.C. Fields movie
in a poker game…

Cowboy: "Is this a game of chance?"
Fields (fanning cards): “Not the way I play it, no.”

That’s the way to do it!

If you are looking for the best answer, please check this 301 Moved Permanently

It can’t be better than that

All business transactions are gambling in a way. Forex is no different.

I don’t think Forex is Gambling.
Because in gamble you bet money and its totally depends on your luck. You do nothing here without betting.

But in Forex, you invest your money to trade, here you have full control to move it. if you know and skilled about trade business, then you must get profited.Did you ever check this website trade1on1. If a person do not take advantage of their trading skills in a proper way in the capital markets, he will not win any games,because it does not depends on luck

Even in the world of gambling, I think there are different levels to it. I used to play the horses very seriously for years. I studied footage of races, computed speed numbers, read books, and I always felt that there was more nobility in it because I was studying / working at it. The flip side is that isn’t starting any business a gamble as the outcome is uncertain.

Forex is a financial market. Whether Forex trading is seen as gambling is determined by the trader and not the Forex market.

If we try our luck whenever we take a trade, do not put a Stop Loss and risk losing all our capital in a single trade, then Forex trading becomes “Gambling”.

On the other hand, if we follow a trading plan, does not risk more than 3% of capital per trade, this is what would define Forex trading as the “Forex Trading” that I know.

Forex market is gambling when we don’t know how to trade and why are we trading any certain trade. But if we do proper analysis with so many tools that are available on MT4, then its purely a business.

Well, gambling can be a business too. :slight_smile:

If you don`t manage your risks then yes you are gambling. I have to to admit that I also want to gamble from time to time. Sometimes I just open a position before news (NFP) on with small account of course.

Agree. Risk is the important factor deciding gambling or not. I also open positions before news or just after the news. But I call them as scalps.

Not the best video why 95% lose.

to me its not gambling :smiley:

I don’t get why such a simple question with such a simple answer deserves 50 pages of plotting. HERE’s the deal :

1-If you define gambling by expecting to do something which will make you money without the probability of losing some, then, sorry to bust your bubble, but there is no such thing as a free meal. From opening a milk shop to creating a painting, there is a high probability that u wil fail if you are not competent enough.
Only if you create the anti-cancer /anti-HIV drug will you make guaranteed money (and this will be accomplished by having spent millions of dollars in research etc).

The misconception about daytrading is that no one deals with it with the same repsect he/she would approach a “normal” job.
In order to get a descent paying accounting job you need to spent thousand of dollars in a college, reading material etc.
How much money have u spent at educating yo ass ( :stuck_out_tongue: ) in daytrading?!?!?!?

2-IF you wanna see whether or not price action is random, just open a eurusd chart at M1 timeframe seconds before a big fundamental (news) announcement and watch how the candles move after that.

If you failed to successfully create the drug, and lost the millions of dollars, what would you say about that “business venture” then?

Research is an ongoing process which starts only when there is an objective [B][U]a to b problem[/U][/B]
Can you conduct (and invest in) a research about ie hunting ghosts? Like ghostbusters? I think you wouldn’t.
Do u think that prices are random? Do u think that prices are based on a chaotic pattern that only 1000 people share the profit from??! No you don’t. If you have the average education or intelligence, you can imagine how a chaotic pattern looks.

MOST PEOPLE THINK THAT THEY GONNA GET FILTHY RICH (EXAMPLE: I WILL DEPOSIT 1000 DOLLARZ AND WITH TEH LESSONS I TOOK IN BABYPIPZ [[I][B]DID U HAVE A 100% SUCCESS RATEAT THE QUIZZES?!?[/B][/I]] AND MAKE 500 IN ONE MONTH!!!) BY TRADING FOREX WITHOUT PUTTING THE EFFORT THAT A GUY THAT SPENT 10.000 HOURS DID.

What’s the minimum wage in ur country? In Greece nowdays its 525 euroz. that means that if i manage to profit > 2.1875 euroz/hour by trading forex (and beating the spreads) im profitable. End of story. I will be happy if i make 25 euroz per 8/hours by trading forex in Greece.
NO GLAMOURZ NO GLITZ!

I’m officially lost.

[QUOTE=“Master Tang;553698”] I’m officially lost.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad that it’s not just me.

forex is gamnling ???

very good post , i think no , just i must say no