Is Forex4Noobs Legit?

I suspect that the people doing this are genuinely naive enough not to appreciate that they scream “stand-out fake”.

Either that, or they’re deliberately trying to attract people gullible enough not to know that themselves (which might actually be good marketing for them, in a sense?).

Either way, it doesn’t exactly speak highly of them, really.

Wow! So I’m a fake huh. Oh…make that liar. What do you guys think? That I’m one of Nicks students or Nick himself? This is why I hate forums and usually avoid them.

I am from Colorado. I am new and trying to learn from a few sources. I found one that I like and think is pretty good. So I said so. So pile on. It is what forum trolls do.

I joined the forum, which as I seldom do, because I heard that this was a good one and that I could learn a lot. Maybe I was misinformed.

Sorry I pissed in your Post Toasties. I guess I wasted your time and mine.

You all have a lovely day.

Why are you attacking us? That what liars usually do. Forex word is filled with all sorts of scams, so it’s very natural for us to be skeptic.

Skeptics I can appreciate. Rude people not so much.

I am neither a fake or a liar.

Enhance your calm young padowan. Beware the dark side, you are very emotional right now. If you are Nick then Im glad I never paid you to teach me. If you are not Nick then I will leave you with this quote ‘Humans reach their full potential when they stop getting in their own way’

Lol, CP is not NickB, I think he well able to use his own nick (pun intended).

My last post on this thread was 4 years ago, don’t use his emails nowadays but my opinion remains unchanged.

Look. I do not care at all what you any of you think of me. But please. Know that I am not Nick. It is very wrong to say that when you really have no idea. I wish I had never registered here. Now I would be really uncomfortable (emotional?) if I ever were to get in an email or chat conversation with him after causing this crap, which is what it is.

If makes you feel better I took my post down.

See you later…much…

no, no you didn’t cause this. Rivers of scammers did, Nick would understand.
Even if you were genuine with your post, you still are yet to have any long term success using Nick’s strategy. So perhaps it doesn’t work and that’s why he’s selling the course.

Just to be clear, I know who “YourMother” is, I remember our Skype conversations.

I figured I would address a few things here, and I would hope that you confirm them as truth.

[ol]
[li]First, when you came to be for help on Skype, I offered you free personalized help, right?
[/li][li]I identified your errors and gave you very specific exercise to follow, right?
[/li][li]And I never asked you for money or to buy my course, right?
[/li][/ol]

In fact, when you suggested joining my course, I asked you not to, I told you that you were not ready and that I prefer you not buy my course. I will post a screenshot and remove personal info.

And as far as I know, you never bought my course, right?

(I asked him on Skype if I could share this screenshot)

I spent hours of my limited time giving you free advice and trying to help you understand risk management.

I suggested to you a simple exercise to complete, you assured me you were doing it, then two weeks later you told me that you hadn’t event started :frowning:

After investing hours of time into you, you lied to me and wasted my time… I am not a fan of being lied to man, so I may have been rude to you, if so, sorry.

To be fair, you have had two bad months and one good month, right?

You lost in those two months for a few reasons.

[ul]
[li]First is that you started trading at one of the worst times of year for new traders. Volatility reduces in Summer, and often you find reversals not reaching target. Lower RR helps with this, which was one of the purposes of the exercise you lied to me about.
[/li][li]Against all my advice, you live traded my strategy with a large account, as a complete newbie. This is completely illogical and dangerous. You skipped all the basic steps to train your self on a strategy. You went right from knowing nothing, to trading huge money.
[/li][li]You were taking a lot of poor trade setups.
[/li][/ul]

You literally picked the worst time of year to start, and you went all in with a huge account. And when I tried to talk you out of it, when I tried to steer you in the right direction, you told me I was wrong…

The thing you need to understand about Forex is that its a long term game. Your results month to month mean nothing. The only thing that matters is averages.

Somebody can have three bad months, two good months, then three bad months again, and then four break even months. In the end all that matters is that you average out positive.

Don’t believe me? Look at the results of one of the worlds best traders David Druz. This dude had entire years where he loses. Regardless, he still manages hundreds of millions of peoples money.

http://www.managedfutures.com/program_performance.aspx?fundtype=&productId=19007

I am lucky in that I have not had a bad year since 2006, but I have had bad months, back in 2009 I went through an EXTREMELY tough period in my trading. Did I lie about it and pretend that I am some amazing trader that never loses?

No, I didn’t, I owned it and told people the truth (Look back in my blog to August 2009)

At the time I was winning 80% but my RR was stupidly low, we are talking 0.5RR to 1RR at times. So when my win rate dropped to 50% or so I was losing heavily.

But I did not give up.

This is because back then I knew that the key to trading is persistence. Those bad months I had meant nothing. I still ended 2009 positive.

July and August 2016 were not the best months. I am still positive, but not by a huge amount. But I can deal with below average months because that’s how trading works.

Summer, plus Brexit, plus the US elections, and the absolute mess that Europe is in (and to a lesser extent Japan) means that a lot of traders are hurting.

Look at that link above from David Druz again, his July was 0.01% gain and his August was -6.22%, and this is a guy managing hundreds of millions.

Do you think you should be doing better than him? Having just started, having no understanding of risk management, and getting in way over your head with your account size.

Your expectations were unrealistic from the start.

You had a good month this month from what you told me. So I would suggest that this weekend you go through ALL of your results, and you analyse what those winning trades have in common. But more importantly, go through your losing trades and analyse what they have in common.

If you need help and are actually willing to listen to me and not lie this time… I will help you.

I kind of get the “fake reviews” thing, it does look dodgy when somebody signs up to a forum just to leave me a review.

But there is a perfectly valid reason for this… I occasionally ask people to leave reviews. I also ask people to leave their honest opinion when somebody is trying to discredit me etc.

If somebody sees a post in my forums like the one in the image below, they might sign up here just to leave me a good review.

You can only decide for yourself whether you think that’s doing you more good than harm.

It most certainly puts me off (as does your link to a promotional page on your own website in your post above) and I don’t for a moment imagine that I’m the only one feeling that way.

My own opinion, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the specific issue “Your Mother” has with you, is that you’re both a forum-spammer and a self-admitted encourager of other forum-spammers.

Spammer? Asking people to leave good [B]or bad[/B] reviews if they want to is forum spam? It is clear that you are looking for any excuse.

And what promotional page? I linked to a investment fund that has a minimum deposit of $10 million USD to make a point. Sorry man, but do you think I am trying to advertise a $10 million min deposit hedge fund on this forum? As in, do you think that I believe that somebody here has a few hundred million laying about, and whats to invest $10 million with David Druz?

Come on man.

The link to a promotional page of your own website, in your post above, is undeniably spammy (I’d remove it, myself, if I owned the forum). And in my opinion encouraging people to post reviews of your service in trading forums is also “spammy”. I imagine that you see both those things from a different perspective. As I mentioned above, you can only decide for yourself whether you think this all does you more good than harm.

My own opinion, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the specific issue “Your Mother” has with you, is that you’re both a forum-spammer and a self-admitted encourager of other forum-spammers.

I disagree that a link to an old blog post from 2009 is spammy. I removed it anyway, as I do not want to cause problems.

Asking people to leave honest reviews is not spammy. If somebody asks for reviews, of course I will direct people who have bought my course to leave an honest review. People said “Nick can I leave a review” and I said “sure, go to this place”.

It would be spam if I offered favors for reviews, or free stuff.

All the posts from people in here are from people with a ton of posts, with the exception of Saroq, you are making it sound like the majority of posts are from people with only a few posts, when it is in fact the opposite.

Anyway, I am going to leave it at that. You are starting to seem like somebody with a vendetta, so you will find fault in anything I do or say.

Good luck with your trading.

I think that was wise.

And direct them to leave reviews [I]here, specifically[/I], it seems.

We can see for ourselves that that’s simply untrue. Post #5 and (the now-content-free) post #17 of this very thread disprove it.

If you mean here as in this thread, no, that is wrong. I directed them to two of the biggest sites in Forex, babypips.com (when they had the ReviewPips section) and forexpeacearmy, not to this specific thread.

I directed them here because the BabyPips guys have always been nice to me. They awarded me best system of the month a few years back :slight_smile:

Winner: July Best Forex Trading System of the Month

So if people want to leave me a review, I tell them to do so over here. Well at least I use to, because BabyPips did use to have a review section (it was called ReviewPips) but they do not seem to do that anymore.

Directing people to a review site to leave reviews is not spammy man, you are intentionally trying to stir trouble :frowning:

By "here, I meant “in this forum”. You yourself showed us a screen-print image which showed you doing exactly that.

I know (but unlike them, I actually backtested it, together with many other systems I found in that part of the forum, imagining that there might be one there with an edge … so you might want to think twice about starting a discussion along those lines :wink: ).

This [I][U]isn’t[/U][/I] a “review site”: it’s a [B][U]forum[/U][/B].

Your statement above (which I see you’ve now conveniently removed from your post in an edit) that the people in this thread “all have tons of posts” has already been disproved. When you’re in a hole, Nick, it tends to go better for you if you [I][U]stop digging[/U][/I].

What are you on about? I never removed it, look above it is still there…

You do not seem to understand.

The post in the image above was from 2013. I will try to break this down into simpler terms for you. In 2013 I linked people to

not to

forum.babypips.com

At that point BabyPips had a review section of this site called reviewpips. This site use to have several different sections. ReviewPips was there review section, FreshPips was there news section, SocialPips or something like that was their social section.

Babypips seems to have killed off its review section of this website, and its news section, and its social section. They only seem to have Blogs, Tools, Forexpedia, school and of course the forum sections these days. However, back when I directed people here… it had a review section :slight_smile:

I linked people here because it had a review section in 2013.

I know I keep on repeating this, but you do not seem to get it.

Not sure what “tons of posts” mean, I have ‘reviewed’ Nick back 4 years ago on this thread, (post no.2).

I commented then that I liked his attitude, his showing of losing trades in his videos along with the winners.

I found this attitude refreshing back in a time when I was researching TA, (fundamentals are my strength).

I see from his recent posts that his attitude is unchanged, he still speaks of the losers along with the winners.

Haven’t seen any of his videos in a few years, but my sense, judging from his recent posts, is that he[B] is [/B]legit - (though I hate the name ‘noob’ - here is a better name - forex4learners :))

Btw have never given the guy a dime, likely never will, but keep up the attitude - it’s scarce.