Is it just me or are none of you seeing any growth of money in trading!?

yes the problem s might be psychological as well as any theory so a time of reflection is good as the Americans say take a vacation

1 Like

And come back stronger.

1 Like

yes ,also everyone is unique how they cope with situations. On here for instance some text as though everyone has the capacity to trade like a robot .They give little pointless superficial hints like trade the strongest currency against the weakest from the previous week lol

1 Like

Yeah and the advantage is that the traders get a better entry point on the up-trending market. Other than this, they also have a better idea when the downtrend is reversing itself.

That “one trader” is who I’m looking for too, to guide me perhaps. :slight_smile: I do record my trades on excel but sometimes skip too

Vacation seems like a good idea to me anytime but this pandemic is overshadowing all my plans :confused: so @greenscorpio that will have to wait

1 Like

ok fine ,have break from the charts maybe look at more information on trading

Were you making money on demo? How have you personally found it different, if at all, trading live? Might just be a psychology issue.

@David You need to cross-check once. I myself used these indicators and because sometimes the pair takes a long time to line up in the best buying position, there are very few chances for the actual trading to take place.

Not a real vacation, even though that would be nice. A vacation from live trading, is more like it. Just take a step back, review your trades. Look at where you entered, where you exited, and see what happened. Zoom out a little to a slower time frame and look at the same trade. What did you think was going to happen? What actually happened? What could you have done differently?

Do the same thing for all your trades. Then do a tally. Count your mistakes and categorize them. You may notice you repeat the same mistakes several times.

Then, try to correct it.

1 Like

In the past I’ve traded many times before some big news is expected, which I think is not that great an idea.
My thought process was that I could make use of the better spreads.

1 Like

Did you backtest that? Go back to previous months and see if it worked.

I experiment with both indicator intervals with XM and the crossover lines up quite differently.

With turnkey forex, on the other hand, I tend to go a bit more adventurous and add RSI indicator to these two.The fact that I can trade just a few dollars to see how a new strategy works, is something I quite like.

2 Likes

When I apply my strategy on a demo account, or test with past data, it almost always works. But same results are hardly replicated in real.

1 Like

That could be a couple things:
Your trader psychology
Backtesting was faulty

During your backtest you may have seen what you wanted to see. I have done the same thing.

Keep trying live, perhaps on demo. Try to figure out why it’s not working. Analyze your trades.

It’s not only you, we have all been there. In fact, it took around a year for me to make my first profit. Keep patience because that’s what helps you stay in the market for a long time.

1 Like

Consider making some changes to your strategy. You may be lagging there.

Looks like you are losing your calm. Forex trading needs you to act smartly and wait patiently. You can’t make profits from the very beginning. The earlier you know it, the easier it gets for you to accept your losses.

1 Like

I really like the muppet’s so I’ll wear that badge with honour

I have put out a few of the strategies I have used over the years on my blog, though in all honesty, I don’t think many (if any) will have profited from them, because the first sign of a loss, and they will be on to shinier balls than the ones I have to offer.

However @therealInsideBar I do think you have a valid point.

There is so much myth and what I can only call traditional inside-the-box thinking on this forum, that the real gems of wisdom are hard to find.

Mine excluded - lol

One final point, certain stocks have been on a rip roaring ride of late and there has been great money been made there, I have not had anything from gold for ages, and I suspect there is generally a lack of decent price action in the forex market too - if all you do is focus on one asset class - you are always going to go through periods of no advancement.

1 Like

@dushimes

Do whatever it takes - I like that.

For me though it was really just making every mistake in the book and repeating them that I just got bored with making them - and in the process became profitable.

As I have highlighted once or twice I don’t have an analytical mind, have multiple character deficiencies that affect trading ability - but I burnt my bridges - so in the end it had to work.

Actually I take part of that back, when I began I didn’t have an analytical mind, that has improved tremendously as my trading did.

1 Like

But when you’re losing over and over, each loss is a reason to quit. And when the reasons to quit keep piling up, people you know are telling you to quit, you see videos online of rich traders offering fake mentorship, and your trader psychology has gone thru the floor…something has to keep you going.

Because from a statistical perspective, it’s not worth continuing. @Johnscott31, what kept you going?