Is it me trying to find a perfect strategy or should I act upon at least demo trading ASAP?

No worries! If you have questions feel free to ask. I know how difficult the forex world is as a beginner. It is like jumping in an ocean and being blind…if that makes sense :rofl:

There are ways to see immediately if a certain strategy works or not, but as a beginner that is impossible. So yes it can take time. However you should notice big changes very fast. It should make more and more sense. If that does not happen, then most likely it is not worth your time. A solid strategy will look very complicated in the beginning, but every time you study this should become easier and easier.

1 Like

@SMIfx That makes sense to me now :joy: :joy:
I appreciate your help thanks a lot :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

What do you mean this is too basic? Al brooks doesnt use basic stuff. When you trade it are you profitable?

If its profitable, it doesnt matter how simple or complex it is. Just that your account is on a uptrend over time.

1 Like

@tradeforex077 honestly I haven’t practiced much the method to see how profitable I might be. I have just studied and thought to myself ok you studied this but this is not enough and everyone might know this… you need to study more from other methods then come to a conclusion which one you feel is good then start trading :confused:
I think you are telling me to start trading first with what I have already learned and see what will happen before trying to study another method. Right?

What do you mean ‘which one you feel good’? How will you know what to feel? What do you expect to feel? You’ve never traded before, how do you what to feel.

Write down your trading rules for a buy or sell and then trade it on a demo for a month and see how you do. Good luck.

2 Likes

ok I will thank you :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

Traders are like elite boxers. They are at their core perfectionists. Do not listen to those that say otherwise. Trading is professional gambling which means its all about psychological conviction. A good system, believe it or not, is easier to build then we think. Our ego gets in the way. Once you overcome that and finally have a system, the challange becomes raising conviction levels in yourself and a system.

Avoid the psyche at your own expense. I had to learn this the hard way because at first I didnt think psychology applied to me, i thought i was different, thought i knew better. Sound familiar?

4 Likes

@jcena44 hi and thank you for your reply
yes you are right about the psychological conviction. I thought I needed to search and search until I find a good system but as I have talked with friends in here and I came to notice it’s myself who is not allowing me to actually trade with what I already know.

To me having actual trading experience is much more important than just learning theories cause there are many aspects that you won’t learn until you actually trade like control your emotions, proper money management habit. Also if you find a trading strategy, you still need to test it on at least demo account to see if it suit you and actual work in the market or not (demo account has alot of benefits). Good luck!

1 Like

@PeterNguyen thank you for your reply
You are right. I think I just need to stay disciplined and try at least demo trading for a while with what I have learned till now :wink: :cherry_blossom: have a good day!

Truly so refreshing to see an OP here with a question who’s actually REPLYING to everyone here. I think from that alone, that tells me a lot in terms of your dedication to learn trading. I wish you luck. I think everything that needed to be said about your question has already been said here. I’m just here to encourage you to keep on going! :heart:

1 Like

@ponponwei thank you so much for your heartwarming message :heart_eyes: :cherry_blossom:
I think I really needed it right now :smile: I’m glad to meet people like you in this community who are supportive like that :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: wish you the best :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

@21firestar
It’s all psychology - I concur with @jcena44 100%. Systems are easy to find and most work to a degree.

If you haven’t already - it’s vital that you read :-

TRADING IN THE ZONE Mark Douglas :+1:

1 Like

I’m not suggesting that you follow him, but Tom Hougaard has some good psychology stuff on his website Tradertom.com. He is also a big fan of Al Brooks. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just to balance things out, you must still build a working system. No one will give you the details just vague clues, this is a zero sum game after all. There are layers to your development and it is not for the faint of heart.

1 Like

There is no perfect strategy.

Learn price action trading and you won’t need anything complicated to trade and make money off of :).

2 Likes

@Johnny1974 thank you for introducing this book to me. I have already read The Disciplined Trader by Mark Douglas. I have put this book you mentioned in my to read list. :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

@Johnny1974 ok I will check out the website thanks again :star_struck:

@jcena44 you are right. After talking to you guys I am more focused on building my own strategy than using signals and things that are not working for me :cherry_blossom::v:t2: :smile:

@PhoneticNachos OK sure I will focus more on trading using price action and see what will happen with my results :v:t2: :blush: