Is it okay to paper trade with multiple brokers?

right now, I’m using oanda and hugosway

1 Like

okay. i will open accounts there too. so far, which do you prefer? i will try that first. thank you.

honestly, hugosway because they offer higher leverage,

1 Like

but i wouldn’t recommend using a high leverage if you’re justtt starting. you’ll blow your account that way, oanda is good practice for risk management

1 Like

thanks again for your help. much appreciated.

2 Likes

no problem! good luck with your trading

The only reason to open more than one demo with different broker would be to see how is price manipulated by them and what price are they actually showing. Some brokers may have gaps in their prices or even missing price bars and some are nice and smooth (less gaps).

Another reason to see how they perform when news release how long it will take them to fill your position in those trading scenarios but that’s different to live account as Demo gets almost always filled.

Few others complained that their platform crashed when economic news are released or just freezes data feed for few seconds so that’s another factor to see which broker perform better.

Some people even disregard PC configuration and get burned but this is another topic.

For learning price action you should stick to one broker and learn it all based on what you see on their price feed, get used to their spreads or commissions.

Final: Of course it is ok, but unnecessary work.

2 Likes

Cutting slightly across the good discussion here, I do think its a good idea to demo trade with several brokers - IF - you want to decide quickly which is the best to trade with using real money. Just don’t forget, no company will scam a demo account… so eventually it would be wise to select a registered, large, long-established broker in a well-regulated jurisdiction. This might not be the cheapest.

Where demo trading fails is giving you the experience of trading with real money, money you have worked for and paid taxes on and which it is very hard to replace. A s soon as you see which broker is best for you and you know your selected strategy inside out, open a real account. Start trading with tiny capital at risk immediately. There is no substitute for experience.

2 Likes

at the same time it is much difficult to main all accounts , so i don’t support it personally.

Hi mystic,

Let me know if you have any questions while trading on your FXCM demo. I’m always happy to help and all the best with you practice trading! The demo is a great way to start.

Jason

1 Like

Not only is it OK I believe it’s vital to get an understanding of what constitutes a decent broker spread and swap selection and what is criminal. Also, to have a sense of how much your broker varies from consensus prices.

Yes, you can. Are you looking for Brokers that sponsor membership for signals or a free strategy?I can provide more details about these brokers

I’m afraid that this is off topic and you would have to contact your broker for this. If you are in EU and or regulated by FSA you won’t be able to raise it unless you meet their criteria.

I think demo trading with different brokers helps you out in choosing which broker is really a good fit for you. :slight_smile:

I think FXCM has their own thread here where you can ask that. Try searching for it, they’re pretty active afaik.

thank you jason. appreciate it. everything is good so far. you are also easy to reach so that is a plus on my book. i just wanted to know if this could help my training. thanks again.

1 Like

what is this about? thanks.

thanks for your responses my friends. much appreciated. i will surely go live with an established and well-regulated broker.

Yes doing so you can compare their trading conditions and make informed choice about your future trading venue. I followed this logic and picked two outstanding platforms which saved me from trading issues.

Some good information here