Is it still worth trading if you'll only ever have $200 to trade with?

Demo Demo demo until you can turn a profit .
Then and only then use your initial $200 capital to trade live and if your consistent leave it compounding.
Good luck :+1:

1 Like

You can learn how to trade, even if you have $0, it’s demo account and when you are profitable straight 3 months then you can start, put some money down.

1 Like

After you have learned how to trade and are doing so profitably on a demo account $200 can get you two shots with a prop firm. A few of them offer accounts for $99 and $100. You can also apply the concept of compounding. Not everyone who is making money from forex trading today started with 10k as some would like you to believe.

2 Likes

If hobbies drive traders ahead, I don’t think it’s something bad and I find it inspiring. I am also learning forex out of my aspiration and passion and hope to put more money for more earning.

it can actually get you 4 shots with MyForexFunds (prices from $49)

(MFF would be my own 2nd/3rd choice, to be honest, not my first, but it’s clearly not a bad one)

some funding companies also have temporary discounts from time to time, i’ve seen 90% discounts!, so it’s worth being on their mailing lists if you’re potentially interested

4 Likes

Do prop firms ask for some form of “trading history”? Or is this more like an internal requirement for experience/confidence?

Last time I checked as long as you could come up with the “deposit” you were good to go.

2 Likes

@ponponwei Wow, your thread is still alive!
The prop firm ideas seem to be a good option, however there is a very important point to bear in mind - make sure to use one with no time limit

Most (not all) prop firms expect you to make 10% in thirty days.
But their plot thickens -
Say you have what they would call a $100K account with 10% max drawdown, in reality your drawdown is your account ('cos you’re bust if you hit it) - so the 10% profit target in thirty days is ridiculous, it’s 100% profit in reality. These guys are just running ponzi schemes.
However, there are prop firms with no time limits and if you treat your drawdown as your account - then all is well and good. :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Holy crap that’s insane. o_O

Yes, but it’s really 100% not 10% !!!
You are just getting $100K worth of leverage, if people don’t understand this they will just keep blowing accounts. You must have a firm with no time limit so you can treat your drawdown as your account - you still have to make 100% of drawdown.

3 Likes

actual prop firms, yes, very much so - and it has to be independently audited and verified, etc.

funding companies (of the type often called “prop firms” in this forum), no - and they won’t accept or examine them: you just have to pass their “challenges” (and be sensible enough to choose one without a time-limit)

Wow TIL not all prop firms are prop firms! I guess that’s what’s mostly being talked about here: funding companies!

1 Like

I like this idea of yours

I’ve heard of people making $100ks with $200 plus you could always take your skills to a prop firm

What. No way!

it’s funny i really wanted to shar the link, it’s quite simple when you think about it. Scale in on a trade that lasts all day. you can get 100 - 200 pips somewhere in the market everyday!

so it was actually $200 to about $200k

[

How this trader turned $200 into $190,000 in 4 hours - YouTube

]

Oof the link doesn’t work.

What are they trading, 2000% leverage or something?

I don’t understand how it will always be 200 dollars? If a trader has a good trading strategy and knows how to trade and earn a profit, then it can be reinvested in his deposit, allowing it to continually grow. Thus, in the future, with a larger deposit, you can already trade a larger lot and earn more and withdraw profits.

2 Likes

Absoolutely correct, it’s the power of compounding.

If a trader can make only 7% profit in a month, he will double his account in a year. What other investment of $200 would do that. And there is not necessarily even any risk - a demo account will prove whether 7% a month is achievable, and it will not cost a penny.

3 Likes