Is it worth starting with a $100 account?

Yeah with what a 12 pip stop loss then margin stop out. Not a very good idea is it realy…!!

1 Like

Okay, then well done & keep hunting.

There is nothing like easy in trading; whatever the sector is; Forex or Crypto.

Yes, it is worth it to start with $100.

You will either make money, lose money, or break even.

Once you figure out how to make money, you will have to learn to do so consistently, with a steadily rising equity curve over time.

If you lose money or break even, you will need to decide whether to figure out how to improve, or quit trading temporarily or permanently.

All of that takes time, so you need to start, in order to reach the goal.

If you’ve got $100 ready to use for trading, get started.

Odds are you’ll probably lose that first deposit anyway.

Win or lose, you will have started the journey
that will hopefully lead to your success.

3 Likes

Yea, $100 is doable if you know what you’re doing. I met someone that turned a $30 account into over $300 overnight. But, that’s only because he’s very skilled

It’s possible. I started with a $100 account and made it $1000 initially but sheesh it took me a long time to do that because I was trading cautiously(I’d say 9-12 months and with Oanda 50:1 leverage).

It’s definitely possible and definitely doable just don’t expect some ridiculous returns that’s all.

2 Likes

It is worth it.

Make sure you have back tested and forward tested your strategy, for at least 2 months. by then you should have enough confidence on what is going to happen, even when you have losses.

Managing small account always tough game in Fx , because by a simple mistake it can be vanished particularly if you fail to manage your money when market moves at random.

1 Like

The importan thing is not how much you start but how you can risk assessment to your trading stategy before entry a position and how you manage your money in each positions. When you can manage small account , why you cannot manage a bigger in the future. Let do it.

Starting live with a 100$ account is a great learning tool! Use it wisely!!

Sorry for not being able to reply or thank you for all your answers earlier. Theres been a while but THANK you all!

Kinda forgot about the forums until i recently googled something. But it have been over a year since i started this thread and i think it would be nice to kinda share my struggles and aha moments.

In short my absolute enemy was strategy jumping, I read somewhere that “THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE MONEY IN FOREX” Then there’s hundreds of versions of that.

For me it went kinda like this
Price action is the only strategy that works, then I learned that its way too subjective where you actually put those support/resistance zones. This also applied for PA candles just personal thoughts that can vary.

Kinda sped trough most of the strategies on forexfactory, tried them out, went out for better every time without giving it a try, rarely back-tested those.

Then I went into the Fibs also there, way too subjective. Is THAT the swing high? Or wait is it this?
I did this also for many market theories wyckoff, elliot wave, supply and demand based strategies.

Then I went into maybe the worst of them all, the youtube loop and in those I chose to follow I first learned the content, then did research. From small “Holy grail channels” To larger rats like InnerCircleTrader, Anton Kreil etc etc. Please don’t argue with me about these channels I just dislike them based on research that you can find on your own.

I am today a profitable forex trader, was able to go from working full time to part time.
How did I get there? Well basically I said STOP to my self. Just pick a ******* stratergy and test it, tweak it, play around with it. This do not mean trade ma-crossovers with 20% of you account. A strategy includes risk management. What I do is trading with levels, time and momentum. I’ve indicators that puts these levels out for me instead of me manually placing them. Time, time is always time, time cannot lie. Momentum, An indicator that shows me strength.

There’s so many strategies out there. Even on this forum seriously you can pick any of many and trade them correctly with risk management and be profitable.

3 Likes

Many brokers offering $100 welcome bonus. I think we new trader should try this kind of broker to get back what we invest.

2 Likes

OMG $100 to start with is not a good idea because in the forex world, there are many ways of losing money in trades and few ways of wining. By the time you master the many ways of losing and avoid them, your $100 will be no more.
If trading is a business, and a profession that requires skill building, this amount is not realistic but this is my view.

It has been almost a year since the original question was asked, how has it gone?

read a few posts up…

1 Like

i completely agree with you and i think its more appropriate to trade with $100 for avoiding unfortunate risk and losses. but the main problem is most of the time beginners lost patience and trade with high lot.

So what strategy did you go with?

Deposit bonus
No deposit bonus
leverage (as per risk apetite)
or one can take the benfit of some other promotional offers as well.

I can’t believe I missed that! Congratulations!

Correct; 0.05 trading lots will be aggressive one! Basically, traders need to focus on the return percentage instead of the amount.

This is the statement that needs to be highlighted for every other newbie question posted here. With a quick use of the search button.