Is it worth starting with a $100 account?

Many brokers offering $100 welcome bonus. I think we new trader should try this kind of broker to get back what we invest.

2 Likes

OMG $100 to start with is not a good idea because in the forex world, there are many ways of losing money in trades and few ways of wining. By the time you master the many ways of losing and avoid them, your $100 will be no more.
If trading is a business, and a profession that requires skill building, this amount is not realistic but this is my view.

It has been almost a year since the original question was asked, how has it gone?

read a few posts up…

1 Like

i completely agree with you and i think its more appropriate to trade with $100 for avoiding unfortunate risk and losses. but the main problem is most of the time beginners lost patience and trade with high lot.

So what strategy did you go with?

Deposit bonus
No deposit bonus
leverage (as per risk apetite)
or one can take the benfit of some other promotional offers as well.

I can’t believe I missed that! Congratulations!

Correct; 0.05 trading lots will be aggressive one! Basically, traders need to focus on the return percentage instead of the amount.

This is the statement that needs to be highlighted for every other newbie question posted here. With a quick use of the search button.

Hello, the capital you start with is directly proportionate to the amount of profit you desire to make. With that money you can decide to make $2 per day with lots of trades. That is because you can only trade micro lots due to risk management rule. If you don’t apply that rule you are ready to loose everything.

Exactly; even 100$ is enough if you know the way of Forex trading! Here, your trading knowledge is your key point!

My friend starting with 100.000$ and lost all the money. Many friend start with large money and lost all the money.
Because they dont have money management to trade.
Market is very volatile and unpredictable.
So you have make a plan a b c etc before you entry the market.
How the way if you have wrong direction or ■■■■ happen suddenly on market.
I always use hedge to anticipate market.
For example if i want buy euro i will make forcast of crossrate first. If eurgbp down, euraud up, gbpaud up then i choose buy gbpusd. Cause gbp strongest direct pair. and i make cover with sell audusd.
And if market have different way, then aussie running down fast than others.
Means 100 worth or not depend on how you trade.

you’re right. for some pairs, especially the cross pairs, you need to remember that they are more volatile at times, and you might need to use a smaller lot size for those pairs. It’s all really about money management and risk management like you said lol

Definitely, it is good idea to start with low amount (preferable $10 if they do offer that) before elevating to higher number. Plus there are leverage that helps you out. Just look for the broker who can offer a good leverage amount.

Wish more traders came back to share how their trading has changed/evolved. Thanks for making it back and sharing!

Hi guys
I started trading with $100 live almost 2 years ago. The idea is not to get rich or to see how much money i can make in the shortest possible time. Rather use a live trading account with a small amount to see how many winning trades you can make, test your strategies and forget about making money at this stage. Test your discipline to stick to your trading idea and rules. Trading with a small amount has its challenges and you will have to time your entries a lot more accurately, stops remain a problem if you want to trade on the higher time frames, which means you are ultimately going to risk more than someone with a bigger account. But yes, it is definitely possible, and advisable (my point of view) to trade small in order to test the markets. P.S no i haven’t blown my account YET :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Rather than start with 100 you might as well sign up to a prop fund atleast theyll give you more capital. You’re trading and doing the hard work for 2 years anyway.

I think you are missing the point.

I got your point but I dont think you need to do it for years.