Is it worth starting with a $100 account?

It is absolutely worth it. $100 with leverage will give you enough trades to learn and improve, including the psychological aspect. You will not learn how to deal with your emotions on a demo.

4 Likes

I agree! I just opened my Live trading account after being ā€œstuckā€ in demo for the last 2-3 months. I only started with $50 BUT my aim is to make gains a few cents at a time to get into my routine and continue testing. i still consider it a ā€œdemoā€ account. This way I can continue to practice and also open myself up to mastering the neutralizing of emotions of fear, greed, elation, and frustration without losing my shirt, lol. Once I am showing consistent progress with my routine, trading journal habits and sticking to my ā€œlive demoā€ trading plan, I know I will be ready to handle a larger deposit.

2 Likes

This method is actually very interesting

70 pips on a 5 digit broker chart is not that massive. If you look the trend properly and make an entry, 100 pips is easily attainable.
Thatā€™s from my personal experience.

I trade with FBS and they offer leverage upto 1:3000, on all types of account. Only thing is the leverage is based on equity you have on your account.

You can start live with $100. I would suggest you start trading on a cent account.

Yes. Absolutely spot on.

I suppose using a very small starting account can sometimes be detrimental for your mindset because if youā€™re analysing to a tee and your return is a few $, this may not mean much to you in the grand scheme of things. You might then have a tendency to ramp up the risk.

In my experience, I traded with a demo account for about 7 months - I was just very disciplined and told myself if I couldnā€™t do it consistently on a demo thereā€™s no point in putting any money in, whether itā€™s $100 or $10,000. I suggest getting to a comfortable/solid point with a demo, then moving onto a real account with money you care about, but wonā€™t worry about if a few trades donā€™t go in your favour.

1 Like

Ok. Based on my trading experience, here is my inputs.

To start with a $100 real trading account, you can look for a trustworthy broker who can offer a higher leverage, for this case, 1:500 or 1:1000.

Do the math on probabilities and foresee the possible timeline you will succeed.

1 Like

Why not. As forex is extending its investment field towards the small scale retail forex traders via smaller amount of investment each forex trader must try this. Once you are well equipped with the basic ideas of forex, you can easily enjoy comfortable journey ahead with the bigger investment.

In my opinion, using a low leverage removes the emotional trouble of trying to open big sizes.

If you start with a $100 account with a mindset of trading only 0.01lots, then thereā€™s no need to go for big leverage like 1:1000, even 1:100 is okay. In the US it would be 1:50.

This is because with that much volume power, you can one day think to yourself ā€œthis is the trade that is going to get me richā€ and you go for 1 standard lot and end up blowing your account. But if you didnā€™t have that much leverage you wouldnā€™t even have been able to open that size.

With a $100 account, you should focus on the process and experience not the profit, this is also applicable to all new traders.

I agreed with Mr.Maximus Martin, in fact $100 is good enough to start with, that where I started. and made it $200 in first week, and $380 on the second week with 1:200 leverage and maximum volume of 0.10 per trade, but 0.01 is good enough.

Is that a micro account or standard ?
@kingsolomon1711

You started with $100 with 1:200 leverage = 20.000 and 0.10 lots is 10.000 so to open a gbp/usd trade that size lot you would have used $68 and thatā€™s more than half your capital and would have received margin call straight way at 50% margin call.
On a microaccount you would have got $0.01 per pip so your either very very lucky or you got your figures very very wrong ā€¦

only 1:50, Iā€™m using Oanda as my broker, and I mighttt stick with them when I go LIVE. I think Iā€™m going to try opening up a TradersWay account because they offer a higher leverage, want to start testing things out on an account there

Standard account, unfortunately, we can only place one order at a time :smiley:

Yeah with what a 12 pip stop loss then margin stop out. Not a very good idea is it realyā€¦!!

1 Like

Okay, then well done & keep hunting.

There is nothing like easy in trading; whatever the sector is; Forex or Crypto.

Yes, it is worth it to start with $100.

You will either make money, lose money, or break even.

Once you figure out how to make money, you will have to learn to do so consistently, with a steadily rising equity curve over time.

If you lose money or break even, you will need to decide whether to figure out how to improve, or quit trading temporarily or permanently.

All of that takes time, so you need to start, in order to reach the goal.

If youā€™ve got $100 ready to use for trading, get started.

Odds are youā€™ll probably lose that first deposit anyway.

Win or lose, you will have started the journey
that will hopefully lead to your success.

3 Likes

Yea, $100 is doable if you know what youā€™re doing. I met someone that turned a $30 account into over $300 overnight. But, thatā€™s only because heā€™s very skilled

Itā€™s possible. I started with a $100 account and made it $1000 initially but sheesh it took me a long time to do that because I was trading cautiously(Iā€™d say 9-12 months and with Oanda 50:1 leverage).

Itā€™s definitely possible and definitely doable just donā€™t expect some ridiculous returns thatā€™s all.

2 Likes

It is worth it.

Make sure you have back tested and forward tested your strategy, for at least 2 months. by then you should have enough confidence on what is going to happen, even when you have losses.