Is it worth starting with a $100 account?

Hi guys
I started trading with $100 live almost 2 years ago. The idea is not to get rich or to see how much money i can make in the shortest possible time. Rather use a live trading account with a small amount to see how many winning trades you can make, test your strategies and forget about making money at this stage. Test your discipline to stick to your trading idea and rules. Trading with a small amount has its challenges and you will have to time your entries a lot more accurately, stops remain a problem if you want to trade on the higher time frames, which means you are ultimately going to risk more than someone with a bigger account. But yes, it is definitely possible, and advisable (my point of view) to trade small in order to test the markets. P.S no i haven’t blown my account YET :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Rather than start with 100 you might as well sign up to a prop fund atleast theyll give you more capital. You’re trading and doing the hard work for 2 years anyway.

I think you are missing the point.

I got your point but I dont think you need to do it for years.

Many traders are making profit with small account so it will be good if you can learn how to manage it. The important point is learning and managing it.

I don’t think that the demo version will teach you how to trade truthfully. there is no risk! but when you risk your money, wit and wisdom wake up here

Each determines the minimum rate for himself. It can be a risk bet, an experience.

i hardly think so, demo is a great way to learn especially for a beginner. once you start investing your money and by chance you get profitable one day, it is going to be a disaster. it’ll be more of gambling and less of successful well- anticipated trade.

I think no one will be able to be patient with the demo account. If patience is around 1 - 3 months. For me, a long demo will be frustrating :persevere:

1 Like

patience is something needed in this game. If you lack patience, then you need to work on that in order to become a successful trader

If you can’t be patient truth is you won’t last for the long run and that’s just being truthfully honest.

1 Like

Hi sir! It’s kinda late but can I ask you what leverage are you using? thank you

A small account helps you get used to live trading without risking too much.

1 Like