Is trading forex really so hard?

I’ve been trying to apply what I’ve learned on a demo account and it hasn’t been easy. I understand that it will take a lot of consistent practice before I understand this fully. But is it really so hard? Sometimes I wonder if I’m just overthinking my trades.

Try to aim to be on the right side of a trade in whichever way you choose to open up an order. You can only control risk exposure, but you have no control over what the market will throw at you, so be prepared for emotional challenges.

2 Likes

trading Forex can be really hard if there is no trading discipline , so the traders first of all have to make sure how to trade in a proper way , otherwise no way to survive successfully

2 Likes

trading is really hard because there is no one who can predict the real faction of this market with certainly , so to survive here successfully traders should make sure first of all major inevitable parts of trading.

2 Likes

there is nothing easy things in this present world , so we have to fix a hard mentality first of all. otherwise survive level could be more difficult.

2 Likes

only a perfect money management can make Forex trading easy , otherwise the survive issues could be more dangerous.

2 Likes

Trading is simple. Keeping the profit you have made is not easy. Doing these things on a time-frame measured in minutes is very difficult.

2 Likes

i face more than 10000 fails before consistently profit ,is not hard ,just a lot of work

1 Like

That may be the case. I had better results when i started to consciously ignore certain technical levels and mainly followed price action. But I had to force myself to do so.

I think that my worker mentality leads me to overanalyse the market. Maybe thats your problem too?

2 Likes

im new actually to this forex thing

Much of the “industry” want to make you think that trading is a complex science. That the more you know the more profit you will make. That the more indicators you use the better your trades will be. That there are secrets which they can reveal just to you so you can beat the banks.

Trading is simple. Buy when prices are rising. Exit if prices start falling. Add more if they keep rising, then exit when they stop rising.

2 Likes

There no work really physical or mental just an understanding

It seems I’m doing this way with pure chart (I don’t use any indicators, I just use resistant/support zone and candlestick) but my problem is I don’t know which is real break-out or fake one, then if I exit the trade, the price keeps going my way but if I just wait, it goes opposite one, :sob:. At the end, so many win trades become the lost one, :sob: and one of the reason is because of my greed, :sob:

1 Like

You cannot tell when a break-out will become a fake or when a pull-back will become a reversal. Don’t worry about those possibilities on the individual trade. Take the entry if the set-up is good.

On the strategic level, it is a certainty, not a probability, not even a possibility, that some break-outs will become fakes and some pull-backs will become reversals. This is the purpose of the stop but also the justification for adding to winners.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice!

1 Like

No, in my opinion it is not hard. It all depends on your skills and abilities to trade.

atleast 10x hard than you can imagine .it took me 14 years ,over 10k failures to consistent profit ,wait … am i stupid ?

Of course, because Forex is all about the probabilities! So, no one knows the next direction of the market, but we can guess the next move based on our own trading skill!

If you are using a high trading capital is demo then use a small virtual trading capital! Don’t rush it, it takes time to learn Forex!

I love your post. I spent too much time looking at technicals and having them lead me to being consistently wrong on my trades. I was worried about where the last high and low were on a 5 or 15M chart. Once I realized that on those lower timeframes it doesn’t matter, life is much better…

2 Likes