It Dried Out. RIP Forum

When a person makes a statement such as this it generally reveals a deep seated desire. Suicide is nothing to mention lightly, or even on a message board such as this. As far as the CopperHead road reference, it’s a song, and since NC is the home of NASCAR, which started with moonshiners in NC, Georgia, Tennessee, ahhh, yeah, Bless your heart

The Ever Should Have Realized VIPER

1 Like

edit: removed by meh

Funny how this thread about this Forum dying may have had more action today than all other threads.

I voiced my misgivings about this new forum format back in June, at that time my own Thread was getting 2,000 views a month and growing. after the format change views dropped to 500 a month. Many of the familiar contributors just vanished. I have already been through a closed forum at FXCM, do not really want to start over. I checked out another site ( forgot its name) seemed to have more traffic but the rules would not let me start my own thread until I achieved all the requirements.

As long as there are a few people showing an interest I will likely stick around

2 Likes

Watch the freaking video -

IB brokers :slight_smile:
Minute 12
Minute 59
Minute 1:21
Minute 1:43

ANd listen to the "Inversion narrative

[Edit - minute 42 How the industry is really organised }

OR remain ignorant :slight_smile:

I haven’t been here that long - but i do agree - Lack of visibility is a definite disadvantage

Little green bar at left hand side - pulls the thing down to where you want to be :slight_smile:

It’s a reference to home distilling :slight_smile:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rls=en-us&dcr=0&ei=qTEWWrr-D4KQkwWT3K-4Dw&q=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fhomedistiller.org%2Fforum+copperhead+road&oq=site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fhomedistiller.org%2Fforum+copperhead+road&gs_l=psy-ab.12…16556.26127.0.28822.16.16.0.0.0.0.76.1045.16.16.0…0…1.1.64.psy-ab…0.0.0…0.0gmEdjGAdRI

1 Like

dont need to watch your video. i know how the industry works. dont know what your video is telling but im sure you are understanding it wrong.

and here again im catching myself teaching you, again, something. i should start charging you by now @Falstaff

ibs are sales men between client and the FCM. their job is advertising for clientaquisition and later on “advice the client” on what to buy or sell so the client sticks around for as long as possible. charlie sheen was an ib in walstreet 1. leo dicaprio was an ib in wolf of wallstreet. just so you got “picturous” examples of what is what.

those ppl dont know anything about trading they are sales people who pretend they are pro traders abd analysts.

ignorant: tbh youre the ignorant here since you think you know what youre talking about but truly cant follow the conversation. in the early 2000’s it was the last breaths of cold calling brokers, they all went out of business when online brokers emerged. (you know, companies like fxcm, ig, cmc, flatex, oanda etc etc whatever)

you need more or can we finally introduce you to… google? more reliable than youtube… you know.

1 Like

How perceptive that you don’t know what I am saying, won’t find out, but you kNOW I’m wrong ! :slight_smile:

[Edit …and this carp from someone who thought an “Introducing broker” was a “Floor Trader” :expressionless: ]

I’m new enough here that I don’t remember the ‘good old days’, or really know any of the forum personalities and their history. But I do agree that I’ve considered looking for another e-home.

The activity here is low, and a large percentage of the posts that I do see seem to be word salads that were written by algorithms. They are so generic that with the exception of one or two key-words you could post them in just about any forum thread on the internet.

Still, there are a handful of quality posters that, for the time being, keep me coming back.

1 Like

Does any of this matter?

This could have been a useful thread. Members posting their concerns about how the forum has changed, no bad thing and it might bring a few changes for the better.

But no, like so many other threads here and elsewhere it degenerates into an argument (im not taking sides here) which is of no positive use to anyone This behaviour may well be one of the reasons newcomers stop posting and others leave altogether.

Come on, lets get back on track

Namaste

6 Likes

Well Forums Do die - Critical mass is something which, once gone s very hard if not impossible to get back.

In an Industryy where 90% of Punters lose 90% of their account within 90 days, It is hardly surprising that they “Wander off” is it ?

Also People know what they expect a forum to look like and this one does not conform to their expectations.

Thirdly, the volatility in the instruments has dried up to such an extent that “Day trading”, which seems to be the site’s preferred method is really difficult or impossible, for massive periods at a time.

Fourthly The time of “The forum” is about over I think- Sad though it may be Social media has pretty much taken over.

forum is a form of social media just like facebook or twitter. so social media taking over social media?

$10 bucks pls. ill pm you my account ddetails.

unfortunately all the usefull members have dissapeared a while ago. only bob and pete sitting here waving the flags of knowledge.

hard to make any usefull topics.

thats why i deleted all my posts besides the first one. out of kindness, since viper got the massage and it doesnt need to stand up there for the next years to come and becausr its just useless. a waist of time and nerves.

the point is simple, with the policy and layout change the lasting quality members have left. the quality in the forum dissapeared and is reaching towards 0. the other few quality members who have stayed get flagged and posts hidden by people who can not even immagine that they might missunderstood something or dont understand something. 2 flags and your post gets hidden, and theres the “dumb” police which consists of 2 or 4 members that are running around flagging everything that could be valuable information or critical thinking in order to keep themselves in the self made bubble of missinformation and nostalgy.

Unfortunately I agree that the drastic changes made in the forum may have pushed way many master contributors. The atmosphere is not the same anymore although you could still find the help you need. I really like the Babypips school and community and would hate to see it die. Hopefully the interest would not stop.

1 Like

men you still dont get the point… you dont even understand what floor traders do (or did when they still existed) as it shines through your posts. trying out trump practices of denial anything and everything?

if you want to put some point throgh then dont link a 1.5 hours youtube video.

1st. youtube is far away from beeing a reliable source and everyone with a college degree will not even consider to watch it since there are simple old standing formulars and rules on how to get a point through in debates and the number 1 rule is “quote reliable and accepted resources” and youtube isnt either.
quote articles if you want to transmit any form of information or knowledge. stay away with your youtube.

2nd. i really really have no time at hand to watch a 1.5 hours youtube video. im glad you do have plently of time at hand but im a fast reader and can read. i have kids wife a business and trading so 1.5 hours unreliable youtube doesnt fit anywhere. you should see through my tiping that i dont have time at hand to even run a proper spellcheck and miss letters which are next to each other like “heu” instead of “hey”, do you think i have time to listen to a 1.5 hours youtube vid?

Anton Kreil is a reliable, knowledgeable and accepted source, as you should know.

I expected that “haven’t got time” BS - which is why I posted the “minute data” in my post.

However, I don’t care whether you educate yourself or not and this thread is not visible to any who would benefit from the knowledge,

So I bid you and your drivel good night ! :slight_smile:

its so obvious you didnt study “urban economics”.

anton is a sales person and you are his customer. those are 2 big different things.

yeah, whatever, im getting tired of talking to you. good night mate.

The irony is that the discourse software this forum is based on is superior to the old format. The problem is that it was foisted on everyone without warning. Not a great idea.

A soft rollout with a ‘try our new forum beta that will replace the old one in 6 months!’ would have gone over better.

1 Like

Although it’s designed to be responsive to the user’s device, the new format is an abomination and has been formatted to fit a phone well but doesn’t change the look and feel for those reading on a large screen. Having 80% white space on a 23" monitor and incessant scrolling stopped me reading regularly anyway.

1 Like