Ivybot -- Comments? success? settings?

The DrawDowns in backtest give up to 300 losses in some few trades. Let`s hope not in the near future.

My weekend usdjpy closed at midnight for a 1.50 profit.

Bit of a relief.

Been quiet so far today though.

so far I had 5 trades on USDJPY with agressive settings and 4 of them are winner trades. Started with a 5000 demo account and now it is at $6200.

i have been going back and forth with ivybotsupport on why their examples show trades on other currencies other than usdjpy last week and my trading with a recommended broker was only trading on usdjpy. still waiting to hear back. i will update when i hear something worth reporting.

if your earnings are above 200… What is your initial deposit? \myself i have had 15 trades in 5 days with 14 winnings all in forex.com live acct. My initial deposit after i bought ivynbot was 550.00 i think this ivybot is working well. I just wonder when this will open on the other pairs. All of my trades are in the usajpy. See you traders forexters

I had a simple question. they should an example account trading on currency pairs other than usdjpy last week. I was using a recommended broker and did not trade on the same pairs they are showing. I asked why and what broker was being used for their examples. this is the response i got.

The fact that you have seen little trading is perfectly normal. IvyBot trades mostly in trending markets. Please take a moment and look at the default Take Profit parameters for Ivybot, most of them are relatively high (around 80-100 pips). Ivybot is waiting to enter a trade where it can capture around 90 pips in a single trade. Picking exact points takes a little time. Ivybot has had around 120 trades so far this year (all 4 together) and we see no reason for the second half of the year to be any different. Please make sure you keep your system running at all times and that you are using a recommended broker. We have seen most success on the BasicFX platform. You will begin to see trades soon. Ivybot is a very unique system and we are sure you will be happy with it.

Sir, the Ivybot trades when it see’s potential profit, you jsut have to let it trade for you.

Thanks,
The Ivybot team

Pipsseekers Q prompted me to google around to learn more about the National Futures Association & its new regulations. I dismissed any interest in this initially cause the Ivy site intimated that the new regs would have no effect on the bot’s orders, but if initiating your own orders you should be familiar with them. The way I interpret it (keep in mind I am a newbie so here is my disclaimer-treat all of this as rumor, look it up for yourself or check w/your broker) is the fifo is the first in first out reg- you can’t close your second order (on the same pair) before you close out the first one. Another NFA directive will not allow StopLoss AND TakeProfit to be specified on an order, you must choose one or the other. Also Hedged Trades are being prohibited on U.S. based Forex Accounts…so no way to have long (BUY) and short (SELL) orders open at the same time on the same pair.

The NFA broker registered members have to be in compliance w/regs, maintain a level of transparency, be financially responsible and are subject to weekly reporting etc.

I have a tendency to jump around when I am seaching & searching…so the search led me to a MetaTrader 5 yup FIVE possibly coming out in the fall…and I read that the EA’s on the MT4 platform will not work on the MT5, they will need to be re-written in MQ5 language…so …when all the U.S. NFA brokers are prompted to move to the MT5 platform which complies with new regs…so if this comes to pass it appears there may be a little transition to look forward to.

For the agressive settings, you only change the lots? i mean 1.0 lots instead of 0,1? Many a stupid question but from a very newbie…TIA

in the document you received about the ivybot there were aggressive setting at the bottom for all 4 currency pairs.

F!@# i woke up with a loss IVYBOT has placed. - 854 !! USD/JPY ~ :mad::mad:

Sounds like those aggressive settings are really working out for you! :rolleyes:

Using the default settings … IVYBOT is up over 100 pips since it came out, every trade on the USDJPY. Count pips, not dollars. Once you get the pips consistently, the dollars are easy.

This robot is a USDJPY killer! All my winning trades are from this currency.

Anyone gotten different currencies? :confused:

I always thought USDJPY is a hard currency to trade but Ivybot seems to be managing it well…No losses…all winnings…

This guy is reminding me of Forex Megadroid …

Hopefully all forex robots are like both of them…Good winning accuracy…slow but steady :stuck_out_tongue:

yo bro…what settings did you use for this pair? aggressive or defaults? on which broker? i had 3 losses on this pair n a few won…major losses -854. major wins +844.

I am using the default settings since we don’t even know what is the trading mechanism behind it !

Lets just stick with what the original creators’ settings…seems to work for most of the people i know

Thank you for bearing with us while we complete the coding for Ivybot on 5 digit Brokers. We expect to be completed with the process by the end of the week. We apologize for the delay. As you know, Ivybot was designed to run on certain brokers. The back office accounting procedures of these brokerage companies allowed Ivybot to place TP & SL orders with the order when it was executed (escaping some new regulatory procedures). Opening up Ivybot to every brokerage in the industry is a very rigorous process that we have been working around the clock to complete. Not only must we complete the transition to 5 digit brokers, but we must make sure the order placement process is compliant with regulations. Thank you for sticking with us and you will be notified when the process is complete.

Thank you,

The Ivybot team

new version is soon coming guys

the examples ivybot is posting to show results of their system is not even with a recommend broker. it is with Prime Forex Investment LLC. anyone ever heard of them?

yeah i heard that before. seems like everyone has been waiting for this 5digit broker Ivy to be out. Hopefully it isnt so scalping as the one i am getting. anyone already started with a live account using ivy? any comments? hope all is good with ya all. GBY. happy trading~

2 more trades on the aggressive settings (1-BasicFX & 1-Forex.com). both losses.

I have only had IvyBot up and running for about 2 weeks. Was getting no action with defaults, so set all 4 to the aggressive settings (in the “Read me” section of instructions).
Since then I’ve had 5 trades, 4 positive and 1 negative for total profit of $1,123.10 in my $50K demo account at MetaTrader. The curious thing is that they’ve all been the USDJPY. Has anyone had a similar result? Any suggestions for making it work better in the other 3? As far as I can tell, there has also been movement in the other currency pairs, and I don’t know why IvyBot has not been triggered.
I’m running 1 lot each. This is my first experience in forex, so I’m as green as they get. :smiley:

Hi Sylco,

The aggressive settings are listed on the end of the PDF file that comes with the zip pack, one for each pair.
I also had that doubt before and got cleared on this same forum on this same topic.