James16 pin bar analysis

im just thinking out loud. I am hoping for some nice pa to direct my course :smiley:

the aud usd looks interesting

will the .8300 area hold as resistance? it could be a decent pinbar.

if it does form a pb then i dont see why not short off the .8200 area and there is plenty of space till .8100

if you look back from july 08 then price is around the 61% retrace level.

iā€™ll just have to wait and see

Iā€™m seeing what looks like a really good pinbar on the GBP/JPY 4 hourā€¦ what do you think?

The pinbar hasnā€™t triggered but price is degrading the pattern somewhat and may nullify it soon. Anyway Iā€™m off to bed so wont be waiting up to watch!

Johnny, at the time the pb closed, would you have considered that a good setup?

im sorry matt i dnt see a pb on the 4h?

different feed i suppose.

i do see a nice dbhlc happening and it is definatly looking short to me.

weā€™ll see how it plays out :smiley:

im loving the pinbar on the audusd.

Hereā€™s the pin I saw. Saw a DBHLC on the daily which was a conflicting signal, but not on the 4hourly

well matt it looks like if you would have taken that pin it would have stopped out for a loss.

i havent done any 4h analysis so im not sure if it was a good pin or not but at a glance it looks good allthough on my chart it looks small.

on the gj daily i managed a quick 100 pips out of the dlhlc. it would be better for me to activly manage these positions but for now im just setting profit targets where i see the first ppz or nearby bar lows or bar highs.

So you are sticking to analysing the daily charts only? Thatā€™s my plan too because itā€™s easier when you work full time and the signals are clearer.

However as we all know that reduces the number of signals per month on any given pair so what pairs do you look at each evening?

On Audusd Iā€™m seeing 0.82 as more significant than 0.83 and today could be a retest of the 0.82 level before a move higher. Just my take.

Just taken a long on gbpjpy on the 4h chart, looks nice. 50 pips up aready with a 200 or so take profit just below the next resistance level.

The red and green horizontal lines are the scalp lines and their respective tp and sl.

On the daily, there is a BEOB from my point of view and it breaks the range that EURUSD has been in. :slight_smile:

Are you short eurusd then?

However as we all know that reduces the number of signals per month on any given pair so what pairs do you look at each evening?

hey matt i look at every pair that gft offers. to me a chart is a chart is a chart. James advises to focus on daily and weekly for minimum 3 months. I look at the 4h but rarely do more than observe them. if i see a good set up on the daily in my ind it trumps a good 4h setup but i donā€™t know if thats true or not just my current view.

i do live trade. last nights gy trade was live (only $1 a pip so just barely trading)

also my au and aj trades both live trades

i will not live trade the intraday timeframes for a while, not till im consitantly profitable first.

hey ray that looks like a good short on the eu its already hitting that 1.400 level. nice! :smiley:

Could you throw up a chart showing your entry point?
On my chart if youā€™d waited for the dblhlc second bar to close and put a short order below the low the maximum would have been 20 pips, so I guess you entered earlier? Or is this another case of your chart showing slightly different bars?

Also do you, or anyone else, trade Master Candles as there is a clear one on the GBP/JPY daily?

here is a chart. i went short at the close fo the candle because it was a double high low close setup. I looked at previous bar lows (and highs) to pick my target. This one was very close but a winner nevertheless.

james style is almost to daytrade teh daily candle. he doesnā€™t wait for bars to close in order to trade. except the price setup must be formed. for example a daily pin bar would not be a pb until the bar closed. the dbhlc wouldnt be a dbhlc until that second bar closed. after that it is price that we look at.

anyway here is a chart showing my entry

Nice trade Johnā€¦especially good exit point.

Donā€™t you take into account the candle wicks when you search for a dblhc or dbhlc? The bar was a dbhlc if the upper wick wasnā€™t thereā€¦does it matter?
I have also noticed you entered at the close of the second bar setupā€¦I thought I need to enter a few pips below the end of the bottom wick :confused:

Ben

Donā€™t you take into account the candle wicks when you search for a dblhc or dbhlc? The bar was a dbhlc if the upper wick wasnā€™t thereā€¦does it matter?
I have also noticed you entered at the close of the second bar setupā€¦I thought I need to enter a few pips below the end of the bottom wick

my understanding is the dbhlc is a bearish formation so for me when that formation was formed (close of yesterdays daily candle) then that is why i went short right away.

unlike the pb setup that needs the second eye to break it to enter us into the trade.

ill tell you a nice trade is rays beob trade on the eu. that broke hard. in that instance you have 2 choices first is wait for the break of the beob and then short or wait for the retrace then short for a better price. either way it was a great trade.

It looks like you had a big SL right ? Is the price up happened after you got the profit ?

While googling, found the following characterstics of PIN BAR. I thought it would be useful to share hereā€¦

Pin Bar characteristics:

Open & Close must be with in the left candle
Open and close should be close together (the closer the better)
Open and close should be at the end of the candle (The closer the end the better)
A long nose that stuck out of the left eye (the longer the better)
The high or low, depending on the direction, also should be within the left candle

Do you think looking at this forming pin bar on H4 GBPJPY chart, can we take a short trade ? Currenly the price is right on the trendline as well as on the S+R lineā€¦

Your thoughts ?