Japan financial market closes 10 consecutive days

Because of throne succession, Japan will have extra national holidays on top of Golden Week to make 10 streak holidays. (Apr 27- May 6)

Market activity will be very thin, thus some price movement of FX and Stock Market index futures Nikkei 225 may have unexpected volatility, as well as risk of flash crash like we experienced on January 3 while Japanese market was in the new year shut down.

It is also said that swap will be higher on JPY pairs.

heads up!

2 Likes

Thanks for that info, I just learned that there is a king in Japan, that is new to me.

Right, he is an emperor. Throne succession only took place when an emperor died but he is mid 80’s and like to retire which is good!

Watch out JPY pairs and N225 futures.

Thanks Chi-take. Good move mentioning it here.

Yeah, just yesterday I got an email from my broker (Oanda) saying that I need to know about this. Basically, all the Yen pairs’ spreads will be out of wack (much wider), and also they can’t guarantee getting out where you want to. We need to be prepared.

Starting the 26th, tomorrow, till May sometime. A week or 2.

So yeah, thanks for the post, cause there’s a high potential of something gonna happen. Out-of-the-ordinary stuff.

Mike

1 Like

Mike, Yup, just be prepared for worst scenario.

Thanks for mentioning it here! Let’s get prepared for the worst scenario

1 Like

Yes, glad someone has raised this topic… Considered not trading at all next week…
Instead, keeping trades small and already always use Stop Loss…

Definitely many Japanese traders will be on vacation.
Wondering how much Sydney and Frankfurt will compensate for lack of Tokyo trading…
Perhaps we will have a better idea after we see Monday and Tuesday numbers.

1 Like

Right, this environment shall not be the reason not to trade, but require good money management!

This is very important information for all traders. Thank you chi-take for sharing this on forum. Traders really need to be prepared in advance for such unordinary situations on the market. This also means very low volatility on JPY, so traders need to adjust their trading accordingly

1 Like