JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

pretty happy with my first week on demo. made a few mistakes (didn’t filter when should have, wrong sl (typo) etc) but overall well ahead… i will post up my whole pip total when i close out my last trade.

@jawa: another question about the indecision candle and filter.

if your in a pin bar buy trade and two candles later there is another pin bar sell, do we apply the filter across the 12 candles?
or if there is 2-3 etc candles between the opposing pin bars…

@Jawa, hah you scared the … out of me :wink: haha. few… for now I’m done with the indicator… Only the last question of Smacko I will implement, and after that I first learn myself the better way of programming this kind of stuff…

The basics are there now… and this helps me to programm een ea for my self to see how the system works in backtest.
Unfortunately I am not able to trade your system as I am fully employed and am not able to react on the specific times.
The ea would help me out there. That’s why I had hoped to see this work on daily charts as well, which I think should be posssible…

@Jonkie: got a fully time job too but only 2 candles close while I’m at work and they are Asian session ones, thanks to your indicator I can spend 2mins before close looking at what’s coming then another few mind placing trades after your alerts come through. I have been doing it jawa style and waking for my nighty 3am candle, harder when it’s demo dollars haha

So true :smiley:

I almost didn’t get up last night because of that but decided that if I can’t do it on demo I can’t expect to do it with real money. Glad I did now, since this system got me over 300 pips today.

Well, I’m a Dutchman, so on different time zone, the most interesting one I think, because when I am at work, in the morning the London and Frankfurt opens, and in the afternoon, the NewYork sessions open…so that’s pretty much the most volatile moments throughout the day I guess. But this system is working on very mechanical inputs, so an ea could be build upon this.

How is the EA coming along Jonah ?

@smacko: awesome! And i only apply the filter if the pin bar signals are consecutive, so if there is a candle between them there is no filter :slight_smile:

@jonkie76: I had no idea you weren’t able to trade this!! i’ll spend a majority of today trying to write up a daily system :slight_smile: or hmm, if jonah is no longer making an ea i could commission one?

@everyone: if you were able to trade the system last night another load of pips was made! not including the M formation (which hit full take profit), I made a total of 380 pips :smiley: there were 8 inside bars! i’ll post pictures later

EDIT: I’m going to commission an EA so jonkie and others who cant trade this can still be profitable from it :slight_smile:

DOUBLE EDIT: Just put up my posting for the EA commission, hopefully it won’t take more then a couple weeks, i’m working on daily trading as we speak

@everyone: I feel obligated to post this unfortunate story from my friend who is trying to trade this system, he has gotten much better along and shared a lot of success this week with it, he made around 500 pips, but this morning he emailed me and said he wasnt going to set so many orders and risk all his winnings and instead just didnt place any trades, it’s friday he said… why would i risk cutting my trades short in the negative he said… well he missed over 300 pips :stuck_out_tongue: This just goes to show you that you cant be emotional with your trading, he got emotional and payed the consequences, One thing i always do is tell myself why exactly i am entering each trade, just to make sure i am entering because it is a solid system valid entry, and then i have confidence, there are so many time it will instantly go -30 pips and i keep my chill because most of the time it goes the direction we want :slight_smile: another thing to note is i dont watch my trades at all unless i am on my mt4 trying something out, i only check them every 4 hours, i place my trades, my sl’s and tp’s, set my alerts, and then i leave and have a life…

Had 3 pin bar signals on the last 4hr. All trades were closed out within 32mins. 2 winners Eurjpy and, gbpjpy, 1 loser audjpy. 55pips, nice way to finish the week.

I am contemplating whether I want to do the set and forget method of trade management like you do Jawa, or do some minor trade monitoring. I have always followed Jim’s (James16 Group) belief that you should never let a winner turn into a loser. So I was thinking that if a trade is positive by at least 20 pips I’d rather move the SL to break even, and lock in some profit and shoot for the next TP of 40 pips. I’m not sure yet though. I haven’t decided on how I want to handle that aspect yet. I do agree with you though that setting and forgetting takes emotion out of it and it seems to work well for you.

@JoJoCal19: Before i started tweaking my trading in to what is now this system i saw waaay to many winners turn in to losers, so after months of backtesting i figured that half take profits were the perfect way to do it :slight_smile: Obviously you should work your trade management however you want too but i would suggest sticking with the money management as it is, i have backtested it over the past two years in total and this has been the most profitable way out of all the ways i have tried, we need to leave trades just enough room to breathe while also allowing us to lock in profits in a ranging or volatile market, so setting the sl and half tp at the same price in pips made sense, if the market goes so far against us that if we were to have an opposing trade we would’ve taken half profit already then it is time to get out and cut our losses, i’ve found 40 pips to be the magic number with the pairs i trade, it is rarely hit, most of the time opposing signals change our course or price turns around before hitting our sl, if you look back on the charts you will see many many times where price goes against us 35 pips or more only to turn around and hit our tp’s :slight_smile:

Just counted up the pips for the week, 486 (whole) pips :slight_smile: Trading pin bars initially then adding some inside bars from Thursday. Next week I will trade all the signals and aim for more pips.

@jawa: my broker allow hedging. If I have have a pin bar buy running, two candles later a pin bar sell signals. Would you place the sell trade and let both trades run?

Thanks for the explanation Jawa. I’ll give it a go using the 40/40/80 method you’re using and see how it goes.

@smacko: That is brotastic! and what broker do you have? where do you live? O_o But no i would not let both orders go, we actually have a basic form of hedge in that we are trading confluent pairs, and there will be many times where they will have different signals, its times like these that make me more confident in my trades because i do have both buys and sells covered and since tp is nearly double what sl is e are basicly guaranteed pips :slight_smile: But again i would not hedge with this system, all it will do is make your sell stops and buy stops more fluid

I dont have time to show all my trades for the week but here are the two more interesting charts i traded this week

p.s. I wasn’t going to say anything but i entered this system in the forex trading system of the month contest, winning doesn’t matter so much as having it on the homepage for a month so more people get to see it :slight_smile: And since the whole purpose of this thread is to help you guys out please vote for Jawa so we can get some more people on this thread! thanks :smiley:

@jonkie76
I just added your indicator last night and got a buy signal at midnight GMT+1 GBPJPY that i dont understand.

Its no Inside bar (sorry for cutting so much off the left side) and no pin bar either I dont see a star formation. If you would look at it as if it was a pin bar you wouldve gotten a clea sell signal on the 1h tf.
Could you please check your charts and explain the Buy arrow in case your charts have the same server time.

Hi Jonkie76, I have little problem with the indi. I got 3 signals from different pairs two buys and one sell, I didnot like the sell, but I entered, the buys hit the TP and sell hit the SL. OK, no problem so is trading, but when I zoom into 1H and back to 4H now from red arrow is green arrow on the same candle. So do I refresh the chart before i read it? I really like your indi, it save me lot of work THX THX THX

@sith when u say a 12 o’clock candle is that the close or the open? Just a bit confusing as my brokers times refer to the close. Your system is obviously profitable and can be programmed into an ea, so do you think this would make forex easy for anybody who doesn’t even know anything about forex? And what would that mean to the markets?

Hi SithJawa,

Great work as usual!

If you get a chance I would be particularly interested in a discussion of the last 7 bars of the first chart in terms of order of setting limit orders and cancellations.

No prob, found the bars on my charts… I’m on GMT+1 too :wink: through a UK broker. So this bar where you had this green arrow was an Indescision bar, meaning it has 35% or less a body. However this bar is only used for the Star Formations, so on its own, it should not be a signal. What was the text saying in your left upper corner? BUY/Sell ?? and did you get an email about this particaular bar?

hmmm…thats strange… when you go from 1 to 4 hour chart or the other way around, the indi should reload its values, remove the txt and add the txt in a split second… So when your back on the 4 hour chart, you can only have an arrow on the bar #1. (which is the one next to the active one) I’ll keep an eye on it. But please post an image of the signals and their one hour candles…just to see if all is right.