JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

@everyone: i realize not everyone is online right now so feel free to post any questions and i’ll get to all of them when i have the chance today or tomorrow :slight_smile:

@pipcompounder: if you thought your profits were good this week just plug in the ATR settings and drool over what they could’ve been :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SJ, I’m glad you said something about those morning stars, I really need to get those and your explanation made it click for me…now about the wicks on decision candles, maybe that’s why I had some losers…I need help defining what 50 % wick means…I thought that meant total wicks of candle compared to the body? That sounds wrong because of your previous answer, could you post an example picture of what is the definition you have for tradable pin bar, and also explain how a dojo differs from pin bar…is it that the bar can’t have an equal wick on top and bottom, regardless of size?

My ATR indicator is a line chart under the actual chart, with a scale on the right side, is this the right indicator? Do I just use the value under the candle I’m trading?

Hey Sith,

Another question for you. I know that you responded to me earlier about pips and pipettes, but just to make it simpler for my mind. This is all based on the platform we are using…

Example: We sell at 122.810 and expect to TP at 122.410, in this case that would be a gain of 40 pips or pipettes?
Likewise, since the forex.com uses 3 and 5 places, if we sell at .99370 and want to TP at .98345, that would be a gain of .01025…??

The page on the school in this doesn’t do a great job in my opinion. I am just trying to make sure I am thinking in pips :wink:

@pipcompounder: eep sorry for the confusion :expressionless: the wick has to be 50% of the TOTAL CANDLE LENGTH, meaning you subtract the low of the candle from the high of the candle, and the the long wick has to be equal to at least half of that value

I cant get any good pictures so just look at this

301 Moved Permanently

And ignoring pin bar and doji terminology, we trade EVERY candle that has a long wick equal to or greater than 50% of the total length of the candle, and has a body equal to or less than 35% of the total length of the candle, a doji is just a candle that close within a pip or two from its open, meaning almost zero end movement on the candle, it can still be traded assuming it has the proper percentages :slight_smile:

And yes the ATR is just a line, every metatrader has it :slight_smile: what yo should do is open up the data window and move your cursor over the candle you are looking at, it will tell you the exact value

@jmacar: all you have to do to simplify it is know that the last digit in price will always be a pipette :slight_smile: meaning if price is at 123.734, the last digit 4 is the pipette, so price is 73.4 pips away from 123.000

Got it, I think you just added many pips of knowledge to next weeks trades. (and these next few) Thanks a million$!

hello all traders,
just wanna get his clear in my mind , so pls bear with me

first: IF pinbar on 4hrs
GOTO 1hr
IF close of last fourth candle is LOWER
THAN
close of the first 4 candles (SELL)n vice versa for buy

OR

Is it :
IF Close of last fourth candle is LOWER
THAN Open of the first four candles n vice versa for buy

Sorry guys for this, but its just a way of clearifying this wonderful setup, cause i had some losses, so am trying to varify if its me or just that those ones did not just work.

@kbforex:

If there is a valid indecision candle (pin bar) on the 4 hour chart we zoom in to the 1 hour chart

There are four one hour candles that make up the 4 hour signal

If the last of these four candles close lower than the close of the first candle, sell

If the last of these four candles close higher than the close of the first candle, buy

I hope that cleared it up :slight_smile: make sure you demo trade this a while without making any mistakes before you go live, i would suggest using a trading journal so you can look back at every trade and figure out what your mistakes were if any and learn from them :slight_smile: good luck!

I like to trade off the 1HR chart and confirm on the 15 MIN. Can Sepis be adjusted to use this 1HR time frame instead of the 4HR?

Oh Sithjawa, thanks so much for the quick response.
your have really make it more easier for now,
its all about the CLOSE of the fourth candle in comparision with the CLOSE of the first.

NUMBER 2
INSIDE BAR

do u consider the overall trend all???
for inside bar, the average of the open n close of MOTHER BAR is taken ,
IF the CLOSE of inside bar is LOWER (sell),
IF the CLOSE OF inside bar is HIGHER (buy)

Once again pardon for my trouble ,
thanks

@kbforex: i know the system can be confusing because there are many rules and entries, i would suggest looking at the system checklist :slight_smile: it has everything in it (you can find the link at the bottom of the first post)

All three entries have completely different sets of rules to follow as to their entry

unlike indecision candles inside bars dont use the one hour charts, these are the rules:

Inside Bars: An inside Bar is a two candle formation that includes any non price action action candle (indecision candle, doji, hammer etc.) and a second candle that is entirely contained within the previous candle (meaning the wicks of the candle does not surpass the previous candles high or low), I only trade inside bars as a continuation meaning i only trade in the direction of the current market movement, how do i define that?

1. take the last 4 four hour candles (including the mother bar)
  2. define the Highest High
  3. define the Lowest Low
  4. define the average price of those two value (like this : Highest Price + Lowest Price / divided by 2)
  5. If the close of the inside bar is higher than the average price, buy!
  6. If the close of the inside bar is lower than the average price, sell!

So basicly when you see a candle close that is completely engulfed by the previous candle, that is an inside bar :slight_smile: the way you determine which direction to trade is by looking at the mother bar and the three candles before it, in that four candle period you find the highest and the lowest price that was reached, and if the close of the engulfed candle (the inside bar) is further away from the lowest price then the highest price, place a buy stop at the high of the mother bar, if the close of the engulfed candle (the inside bar) is further away from the highest price, place a sell stop at the low of the mother bar

its no trouble :slight_smile:

Thats a great opportunity to pop out my question on star formations :stuck_out_tongue:
The rules say the candle or candle group between the first and last candle has to be indecision candles.
Just looking at the candle before the counter trend I wouldnt see that as an indecision candle.
Isnt the 50% wick and <35% body rule the way to find indecision candles?
But in this case I wouldve seen a star formation too.
But would we also trade a star when there is only one candle and it doesnt have 50% wick and <35% body?
An example would be the star formation on the very left side of the chart jmacar posted on page 60.

@systemslave: I haven’t extensively backtested this system on the 1 hour and 15 minute charts but once you master the ATR stops and tp’s it’ll be much more effective :slight_smile: this will give you the correct profit targets every time :)!

@niX1990: I will try to compile all the tiny rules about stars and the other entries more accurately tomorrow :slight_smile:

Stars are definitely the most complex of the entries but that doesnt mean they are difficult to trade, check the link on the first post that further explains stars, in an ideal situation all of the candles in the middle of a star will be indecision candles, however think of what an indecision candle is, it is a candle that shows the battle in price, neither the bears or the bulls can win, not all of the candles need to be indecision candles but as a collective group they must show indecision in the market, if you want to trade strictly quantifiable mechanical entries then the advanced star shouldnt be traded, but it is just as valid as a regular star :slight_smile:

So for a regular star with 3 candles, the only way the second candle in the formation can show indecision is by being by definition an indecision candle which meets all the requirements, but lets say it is a 5 candle star, then the middle three candles must collectively show indecision :slight_smile: this is done by having long wicks and closing near the open of the three candles, meaning that its almost like an indecision candle on a 12 hour chart if those existed :stuck_out_tongue:

@jmacar: i hope you traded those evening stars you asked me about, you’d be +110ish pips right now floating, with more to come most likely :slight_smile: and of course thats not even including the compounding indecision candles beforehand, the actual total of floating pips you would have would probably be closer to 500 :slight_smile:

EDIT: I just want to point out that this system takes an inexplicably minuscule amount of time to actually trade, tops like a half hour a day of total screen time, no difficult analysis, no time consuming and tedious S/R, trendline, Fib drawing etc., just nice and clean entries :smiley: and the fact that it works in any market condition at any time, has never had a losing week, and averages over 1,000 pips a week, just icing on the cake :smiley:

DOUBLE EDIT: @everyone: i’ll be away a majority of tomorrow most likely, so if im not here till the night time that is why

Sounds Great! Also, I believe Sepis does read the 1HR time frame (I might have interpreted it incorrectly). It’s great to have this helpful indicator…thanks Jonkie76! The ATR stops should be interesting. I continue to read and apply the information within these threads about your system. It goes a long way in building confidence while learning. I believe I have found the “key” to success in learning and using a new system within these threads:8:

All positions closed at full TP…I used a point between old 70 pips and ATR for this, just to test, so, full TP was 100 pips for EJ, and 120 pips for GJ…much more pips! Thanks again SJ!

hello guys,
can you guys pls tell me how to use the ATR and can i get the epis indicaor pls?
its just a line on mymta vantagefx platform, so how do use it in determining the daily
thanks

sorry guys, kindly disregard thefirst part regarding the ATR went thru a very xplaination in this thread by Sithjawa.(thanks bro)
but the pls pls help with the sepis indicator .

kbforex

If you have gone through this thread to learn how to deal with this system, you must have seen several pointers to the location of the indicator. Perhaps a good reason to go through it again…?

Pay close attention when you are at post #70, you may find something that you are looking for :54: