JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

Not using indicator, the EJ barely made valid pinbar, sell on it and AJ.

The EJ was not a valid pinbar using the forex.com metatrader. Neither wick was 50% or more.

On my broker, EJ body is 5.5 pips, low wick 21.8, high wick 18.1. Longest wick is <50% of total length. If I follow strictly the rules, this should be invalid… Or maybe you guys have different values?

I sell AJ, UC, EU

I now have one buy on audjpy open, a new indecison candle signs to sell, but it requires confirmation because it is contrary to my previous buy. In need to wait until the current 4h candle close for confirmation about the true direction of the market.

I have also a buy stop inside bar on eurjpy. Do you see it?

I’m out of my sell on euraud because i found a morning star. I’m going to post it because I’m not sure it is a valid one. It fullfills the rules but doesn’t seem very good n

@medisoft
Did you make sure that the mother bar is a non price action candle? I cant calculate the size of body and wick right now but the last candles of EJ look like pin bars. My next 4h candle closes in approx. 2 1/2 hours.

@jawa, smacko - I took both trades at 0:00 sold both Eur/JPY and AUD/JPY and lost 40 pips on each.

Sorry - I lost 40 pips each on the 20:00 pin bar. have put up trades on the 0:00 which is down by around 10 pips each right now.

This is the morning star on 4H and 1H, please tell me your opinion

yes, I’m pretty sure, pippete and less than a pippette precision, without discarding any decimal point digits.

I think you should look for your broker’s spread! it is impossible that you lost 40 pips on each if you opened right on 0:00, because the price does not moved 40 pips yet! If your broker’s spread is too big, that could be the cause.

@everyone: keep in mind all of our feeds apparently have minor deviations so we will have different trades

Also (and i hate to do this, like i reaaally do), but i have been convinced through backtesting and some other points to make it so the mother bar in an inside bar formation does not need to be a NON price action candle, it wont change anything for not taking trades because of it, but that is what i have now found to be more lucrative then not trading them that way

@crisscross1983: Remember we are using ATR stops and take profits now, meaning with the volitility of the market you would not have been stopped out if you had used the ATR’s :slight_smile: but looking at the prices you should not have been stopped out anyway, did you exit the trades early? and I never take the first candles of the week normally

@medisoft: I never use candles from the previous week, so i would not have taken that star formation however since you have already taken it i would keep your trade in, once you put in a trade stick to it

Thanks! Then you agree that pattern is a valid morning star, isn’t it? I’m going to adjust my trading plan to start trading two 4h candles after opening, and to not use candles from previous week :slight_smile: And also to close all trades one 4h candle before Friday close. I think that will work the best, avoiding times of low liquidity and high spreads.

@medisoft: correct that is a good morning star :slight_smile: it looks like crap but the price and data points make it just as valid as any other

@everyone: please do not be discouraged by any bad trades you may have, i haven’t had a losing week with this yet so you can be very confident in its capabailities, as well as that this is the last chance i am giving mondays to be profitable, they have had a consistently bad win ratio for over a month and with this new found volatility in the market i am seeing if things will change, we will see how it goes :slight_smile: currently i have a buy stop on AUD/USD and AUD/JPY, as well as a sell order on AUD/JPY, this is another problem with trading the first candles of the week, the question of whether or not to include the first candles data in to the entries for the second candle, meaning if you have two indecision candles in a row but you dont trade the first one because its the first candle of the week, do you still trade the second one using the first candle for a direction filter? Its questions like these that i haven’t thought of and problems i meet along the way that cause me to change the tiny rules in the system, there are many factors to add and quantify

@ Smacko, Sithjawa - My mistake. I lost out on the 20:00 signal. the 0:00 trade is still open. I was not aware of the ATR SL/TP. will check that out now. And also will not take trades on the first two candles of the week and if today doesn’t go well then will skip Mondays altogether (as SJ pointed out). Thanks for the help guys!!

How do we read the atr again? If it says 0.6267 does that mean 62.67 pips?

@traderjosh: we only use the first two digits, so 62 pips :slight_smile:

How do you have a buy stop and sell order on the same pair?

My broker support full hedge, so I can have any mix of buy and sell orders at the same time on same pair