JÄWÄ's 'Experimental' Price Indecision System

ok, so ATR appears to be about 55 pips, so use the close price of last candle, the 08:00 one on the 4 hour chart and use SL 55 pips above that price and half TP of 55 pips below that price and full TP 110 pips below that close price…looks like 1.5535 from here, but since you have the chart, just use a cursor to find that close price.

EDIT: INCREDIBLE START to this week, everything just hit half TP.

I see a couple pinbars forming. EJ and AJ however still 20 min to close of 4hr

@HerbertH:

Q. When multiple trades are open (all Buy or all Sell) and one of them hits Half profit, half profit should be taken on the other open trades as well.

Because BreakEven should be set after taking half profit, are the SL and TP of all trades now to be moved to the values of the highest Buy (or lowest Sell) or to those of the trade that initially took half profit?

A. We move our trades stop losses to breakeven after our half take profit is hit, it does get a bit complex when multiple orders are involvedtp, all open orders on the same chart will always have the exact same sl and tp, when you first open an order you set your stop losses and take profits, when you enter a new order you set the stop losses and take profits of all your previous trades to the price of the new entry, this is the case no matter how many signals there are

This moving up of sl and tp does include half tp, meaning if a new trade occurs before your previous trade takes half profit, you take half profit for both trades when the newest trade does

Whenever a half take profits is triggered you move your stop loss up to the entry point of the latest candle, if you get stopped out in that situation the only candle guaranteed a breakeven is the newest candle, some candles may have a slight loss, some may have a slight gain, but thats okay

@SeaBlue: If you trade the system to the letter you’ll make back your losses :slight_smile: Also today I had an epiphony regarding daily trading si its likely I will have one out within a week or two :smiley: so much backtesting on the horizon…

@kaboemm: aha you’re very welcome, i’m glad to help, as HerbertH (and pipcompounder I guess aha) said once the half take profit is hit you move the stop loss to the entry price of the order that took half profit, we need to go give enough room for the market to breathe whil still getting rid of the possibility of loss :slight_smile:

@smacko: They have EA’s for that however you have to have your computer on at all times or be trading from a vps, but I agree it is tricky sometimes, normally what I do is set my alert 3-5 pips before it is triggered so by the time I get to my computer I am just then hitting half tp, I have used a few but they are really complicated, i’ll ask for one on the ea part of this forum

@kbforex: Here is how you do it:

ATR is the perfect dynamic stop and take profit, by calculating the volatility of the struggle between the bulls and the bears at any signal we can give an accurate estimate as to how far price CAN be pulled by either the bulls or the bears

Stop Loss: ATR (14) x .75

Take Profit: ATR (14) (half take profit), ATR (14) x 2 (full take profit)

The way we calculate our ATR values is by looking at the ATR value of the signal we trade, at every close the ATR value of a candle gets set in stone and this is the value we use, to look at the ATR value of a signal move your cursor over the candle and have the data window open, there will be a few numbers behind a decimal probably including some zeros, use ONLY the first two numbers as the value (dont include the zeros before the first number), meaning if the ATR value of a candle is .5361, the number we use is 53 pips, if the ATR value is .0040, the number we use is 40 pips

Now which candle do we use in each signal to determine the ATR for the trade?

Indecision Candles: Use the ATR value of the Indecision Candle

Inside Bars: Use the ATR value of the mother bar

Stars: Use the ATR value of the final candle in the pattern

@traderjosh: yeah it looks like there could be sells on AUD/JPY, EUR/JPY, AND GBP/JPY, we will see :slight_smile:

@everyone: Just sold AUD/ JPY, EUR/JPY, and GBP/JPY

I think I’m doing something wrong, because almost all of my trades hit the stop loss hahahhaah

Are you testing on the same broker you tell me you are using? At what hour does they open? or in other words, what is the time zone of your candles?

Thanks

@medisoft: I think the problem was you traded the first candle of the week, had that been so i think you would’ve had a bunch of buys going, and then the sell trades wouldve been filtered out, My server time is 00:00 , i live in EST, meaning my candles close at 4 8 and 12

@everyone: Just sold AUD/ JPY, EUR/JPY, and GBP/JPY

me too…medisoft, if you’re using MT4, I’ll bet you’re having same problem I am with candle close time, I still havn’t figured it out…my correct charts’ candles close at 00:00 EST, and they look exactly the same as SJ’s and others who have had success.

Nice. I placed those trades and then got on to check the forum and saw this. Very reassuring, lol.

The 4 trades I mentioned earlier all closed for a total of 207 pips so far. (I close all of my trades at ATR and don’t use ATR(x2) because I don’t have access to a computer or phone at work and just happen to normally be home at the exact times the candles close).

@philosophuncullist: aha yeah you aren’t crazy! the same trades have been made :smiley: nice work! and the low down larry’s on the forum said it wasnt possible to make that many pips in a day, poor guys…

Feel free to close it out that way or whatever way you can, there just has to be consistency in the way you do it to assure yourself consistant gains :slight_smile: in fact if you just always took profit at ATR (14) you would still be very profitable, taking full profit only gives an extra 25% if my ballparked math is correct

In regards to the candle close time, I know that it is just dependent on the broker. I use FXCM. Their MT4 has the midnight candle close, but their trading station closes one hour later, so the 4 hour bar uses different one hour candles, even though the 1 hours are the same. :confused:

Also, to people that are trading the first 4 hour candle on Sunday, note that it really only contains 3 one hour candles and is not accurate. If you want to trade that candle, I would recommend getting an Oanda demo to look at their charts. It shows some of the earlier candles before weekend open and so the first 4 hour candle tends to be significantly more accurate (and looks different from other brokers that only use 3). Assuming I’m understanding what I’m looking at correctly.

Here is how i calculate my Stops and take profits for sells:

Signal Close Price + (ATR (14) x.75) + spread = Stop Loss

Signal Close Price - (ATR (14) x 2) + spread = Take Profit

For Buys:

Signal Close Price - (ATR (14) x.75) = Stop Loss

Signal Close Price + (ATR (14) x 2) = Take Profit

I think i will commission a script to make it easier, like something that instantly does the calculations for you at candle close, that would be nice :slight_smile:

@everyone: something to note is generally speaking when the market gaps over the weekend it retraces back to the previous weeks close at market open, so that could be what this bearish move is, that being said we are at a very good place, if price bounces upwards right now chances are we will get morning stars and be able to ride up the bullish sentiment, if it keeps going down to the market close of last week we have a ways to go :slight_smile:

I love looking at my platform and seeing nothing but green. :blush:

HAHAHA…THAT’S RIGHT! If you trade 5% risk and have all four pairs go full TP, with current ATR, that’s 30% of account! If you do both at half TP, it’s still 20%!!!

Can you tell me what hour shows your windows clock and what hour shows your MT4 at the same time? I think I’m going to download the Forex.com MT4 to test with it, to test just like you :slight_smile:

I took the same trades. currently I am over 100 pips in the green!! (combined) :wink:

MY MT4 showed times at candle’s close as 00:00, 4:00, 8:00, 12:00, 16:00, 20:00, but that didn’t line up with my other charts on tradeinterceptor and forex.com app on Ipad that have close at 00:00 EST…really scratching my head about this one, because everybody else is using mt4 forex.com and have closes at 00:00 EST…???

@traderjosh: just remember, losses WILL happen, and when they do you have to be able to be completely unphased by them, remember this system is profitable and feel confident :slight_smile: aha im glad to start off this week with some wins, i was seriously about to give up on mondays :stuck_out_tongue:

@pipcompounder: I think it might have something to do with the server time AS WELL as your local time, maybe, im not sure :3

I just installed the forex.com MT4, they are very different!

Liteforex

Forex.com

IBFX AU

[

I](http://www.UploadScreenshot.com/image/1083659/4521758)t seems that IBFX and Forex.com have the same charts, while Liteforex not. I'm thinking what is better, trade on 1H + 15M candles, switch to IBFX or Forex.com OR make something like a custom indicator that draws the 4H candles using a predefined offset....

MEDISOFT- could you post a pic of 4 hour EJ chart from forex.com mt4? Thanks.