Jiko Shokai - Hello Everyone!

Hello! I’m a new trader from the USA. I’ve just finished the babypips school and now I’m starting to build my first trading plan! I want to trade the 1 hr Majors but my day job may require me to trade the 24 hr. I think I’ll start with 4 hour.

My ultimate goal is to one day quit my day job to trade pips while traveling the world! I’ve always wanted to live in Japan, but I don’t think I could work in the office culture there. I look forward to discussing FX trading with everyone!

2 Likes

“1 hr Majors” is hard to trade well because it requires discipline in trading infrequently enough.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you. I’ve jumped on minor signals way too early in demo trades. I plan on testing a few different time frames to see which one suits me. Do you find longer time frames easier to trade?

1 Like

Definitely more reliable to trade longer time-frames, 4-hour specifically at the shortest. The issue is the plethora of information that needs to be digested in order to implement the adequate variety of strategies necessary to boost reward without risk cost.

1 Like

I see. I’ll start with 24 hour strategy, then an 8 hour to see if I can still read good signals. Low risk is a priority until I gain experience.

1 Like

sounds good , go ahead. good luck to you.

1 Like

Thank you! Happy trading!

1 Like

Welcome! Well done for completing pipsology. Good luck with your future plan!

Thanks! It took about a month to finish but I really enjoyed the content. It’s a great baseline to start at.

1 Like

It definitely is. Have you opened a demo account to start practice trading?

Welcome to the forums and best of luck with your dreams :slight_smile:

1 Like

welcome to the forums. good luck!

1 Like

I have a demo account opened now. Back testing my ideas is showing me how difficult balancing risk management and technical analysis is. I haven’t found a system that reliably brings in 2:1 reward to risk. I need to find entry points with smaller stop losses I think.

1 Like

Thank you Teejy and beginnertrader2019! Good luck to you as well!

1 Like