JL Method in honor of ForexPhantom

Hi all,

With regards to losses, yeah I had a few losing trades in a row this week because I wasn’t able to properly manage my trades due to the nature of my day job these past 2 weeks. This is forex and we have to accept that there will be losing streaks no matter how good the strategy is. What is most important, from what I’ve learnt so far, is how we manage our entries and exits. That will be the difference between a losing or winning trade and I’m still trying to drill that into my mindset

Good Day all,
slow week this. Not seeing much movements up or down. Lots of low ranging sideways movement.
Maybe things will pick up next week. I hope so.
David

I Think I spoke too soon.

With the week ending soon, anyone care to share how their trades have been this week? In profit or in loss? Learning points etc?

Had excel on my ipad with my tracking.

Did IOS upgrade last night and for some absurd reason I never saved the file. So last this week’s trades dont have the detail…,… was negative if I recall. I just remember my overall progress which includes two other strategies. cant recall specific for this one :frowning:

and no trades today…

Negative as in it was a losing week for you too?

[QUOTE=“Fotovinic;723686”] Negative as in it was a losing week for you too?[/QUOTE] yes think its like -30 pips

This was the federal reserve rate release, which people have been waiting on for months, so that’s why it was so quite, and erratic at times, everyone was waiting for the results from yesterdays FOMC meeting. So some of the losses might not have been your fault, it was a crazy fundamentals week lol

[QUOTE=“jayboii478;723716”]This was the federal reserve rate release, which people have been waiting on for months, so that’s why it was so quite, and erratic at times, everyone was waiting for the results from yesterdays FOMC meeting. So some of the losses might not have been your fault, it was a crazy fundamentals week lol[/QUOTE]

Agree hence went much smaller … That -30 was nothing in comparison,

Exactly :smiley:

Hi all

These look ready

AudJpy Sell
CadJpy sell
EurJpy sell

Just sold AudJpy too. All the best!

Longed GBPNZD 2.4537, So far 60 pips up.
NZD is weak with the bank rate cut and GBP remains strong.

If you want a newer signal EURNZD is about to give a long signal too.

BIG news guys!! I think I might be having a break through with the cross over! What I mean is, by using a daily trendline/ weekly trendline. I place my trendline on the daily chart and confirm it lines up with the weekly as best as it can, wont always be perfect though. Then I find a support and resistance area around there that is a major one on the daily chart, that also confirms on the weekly chart. Then once the price touches that trendline that has a support/resistance area near there, I look for a entry on the crossover, As long as it is going with the trend, and the 200 EMA is agree ( being for long price is above or for short price is below 200 ema. ). So far reviewing it, it seems quite powerful all together. it does add some to the system, but it does filter out some more false signals, because you now have a direct area you are looking at for that crossover.

IF PRICE is below the trendline on a uptrend, I stay away from it, unless it is coming up on say like the 200 EMA or a very strong support zone ( weekly support zone that is a major one is a good example ) for best accuracy…
and if price is ABOVE a trendline on a DOWNTREND than same rules apply but it would be a strong resistance area instead.

Also be careful with correlated pairs, some pairs you would not expect to be correlated, for example the USDCAD and GBPNZD are correlated, like what lol, that is just doubling your risk if you trade 2 pairs that are correlated!

Forex Correlation - Mataf great place to find out what pairs are correlated

Hi Jay,

Thanks for this valuable insight! Do you mind if I ask whether you are able to attach a chart and show how this works? It may be better for us to visualise this and benefit more from it. Once again, thank you!

Kelvin

Those are 2 screen shots of the GBPCAD on the daily chart, one is a clean chart, the other is the set up one with the trendline and support area for the daily/weekly area. Once price would hit that area I would look for a entry on the 1 and 4 cross to go long.

Ignore the current order on my chart.

Happy trading

Jason

FRom earlier in the week :
GBPNZD +100 pips
NZDUSD +120 pips

yesterday-today

EURCAD +120 pips
EURNZD + 50 pips.

SO far so good, how is everyone else doing>??

Happy trading :46:

Jason

Just longed EURCAD earlier on and trade hit T/P at +100 pips. Am short on AUDUSD since yesterday and the trade is up by more than 100 pips. Took partial profit from it and now S/L is beyond breakeven.

This week has been good so far. This system is my “holy grail” for now. With proper money management and trade discretion, I believe we will go very far. Thank God for ForexPhantom, he nailed it somehow and we reaped from his harvest.

Oh, I forgot to mentioned, I am also in long on EURUSD. 2 just crossed 4 not long ago. I playing the range for now on this trade.

Indeed, ForexPhantom really made a great system!! Very glad we were able to make use of it too :D… Glad to hear your trades are going well, I think we will go very far too!