Job or business?

Just wanted to share this interesting bit from Investopedia also. :smiley: Haha.

1 Like

i trade 10 mins a day, open up ,check for profits ,add some lot ,do some quick calculation,thats it for the day.

Hi @ria_rose, it’s a system I created from scratch. When I first started trading, I used indicators and had a fair bit of success, however I found it labour intensive (I had to be looking at charts for entries etc) and I also suffered majorly from FOMO and would take trades that didn’t meet my criteria :grimacing: I also had far too many trades at once. After continuing to analyse charts (going back 20 years), I realised for the pairs I trade (all AUD pairs), there were definite bands where most trading occurred. I analysed this further and built a system around these support and resistance lines and I also use pending trades set at 50 or 100 pips apart, so no emotional investment for me which has been a game changer. It either hits the pending order or it doesn’t! Happy trading :blush:

1 Like

That’s fast. :joy: I guess some people really are experts when it comes to analyzing good entry signals. :sweat_smile: I wish I could trade like that sometimes. Haha. I get too engrossed in monitoring charts and checking out different pairs that sometimes I end up with no trade, but so much time spent trading. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Super happy for youuuu! :blush: You’re amazinggg! Your hard work has paid off and now you have a reliable system that’s been helping you bag them pips. :smiley: If you ever decide to start a trading journal over here, please tag me cause I would definitely love to see how you do it too. :smiley:

yes im kind of fast , because i don’t have specific entry point ,i open trade by follow only simple rules ,and it doesn’t need my personal judgement as well ,so i better do it real quick and get some sleep ,cause US market session is too late for an old asian man like me.

1 Like

Hey Ria

Sorry for the late response.
Head had been down aka focusing and major personal stuff.

Did you check out The Seven Habits for Highly Effective People?

J

I’ve also been suuuuper busy with all the things happening, so I haven’t really had the chance. :sweat_smile: But it’s definitely on my reading list once I get my stuff all sorted out. :smiley:

Do you know what a Cleaner is? Would you consider yourself a Cleaner?

In the book Relentless, Tim S. Grover talks about what it means to be a Cleaner. Grover was the personal trainer to several elite NBA players like Jordan and Kobe.

In short, a Cleaner is someone like Jordan who always plays to win and to be first place.

I think you might enjoy and appreciate this book or the interviews on YouTube with Grover talking about the book.

No I have never heard of the word cleaner in the context you have here. I will try to find that book and watch the video. Thanks.

1 Like

If you have a trading strategy that’s mostly automated and doesn’t require constant monitoring, it becomes more of a business or even a source of passive income. Here, you’ve set up a ‘system’ that does most of the work for you while you focus on other aspects, perhaps even other streams of income.

Guys, let me write my humble opinion.
I believe that a lot depends on how you feel about forex trading.

Some traders spend very little time on trading and trade only in their spare time. They probably don’t make much income. And as I think they consider trading as hobby.

But some dudes spend all their free time on trading. If you ask them, they probably always know the current price of many major currency pairs. These guys live trading and for them it is a kind of business.

I think Forex can be like a job when you’re actively trading. I’ve seen people who learn and do it as their job, and they do pretty well. So, it can be a successful career if you put in the effort.

Hello Ria! :blush:

Forex trading can be viewed from different angles. Some traders treat it as a full-time job, dedicating significant hours to trading like a traditional employment. For others, it’s like a business or a source of passive income.

1 Like

Welcome baaack enigma! :smiley: I feel like I lost you for a few weeks there! :blush: That makes sense. I guess it’s really just a matter of perspective. :blush:

1 Like

Forex trading can be both a job and a business/passive income source, depending on how you approach it. Some traders actively engage in it as a full-time job, while others use it as a part-time business or a means to generate passive income through automated trading systems. It ultimately depends on your strategy, time commitment, and goals.

1 Like

In a job, there is a fixed earning and in forex it’s not fixed. So, how can Forex be a job?

1 Like

That makes sense. :blush: Maybe for long-term traders who just let their trades run for a long period and barely check their charts, it’s a passive source of income. :sweat_smile: But for a lot of day traders or scalpers, it’s more like a full-time job. :sweat_smile:

Hmmm. :thinking: Maybe, similar to how some jobs can also have varying compensation? :open_mouth: Like, when you take on a sales position where your earnings depend on the number of items you sell. :open_mouth: But that’s also a good point!

Just got curious. Do you consider it as a passive source of income? :blush: Or maybe a business? :smiley: