John McAfee commits suicide in a Barcelona prison

Was McAfee “on the inside” with the government at any point in his life, with access to information that would be deemed valuable enough to want to shut him up?

I’m not up on my McAfee back story.

He was a thief.

Tax thief or something else?

He was just a tax thief.

Tom, everyone on this thread has been somewhat circumspect about making accusations - but has presented some evidence - Except you - Perhaps you would like to give some conclusive evidence of your accusations

The antivirus tycoon, 73, was found dead on June 23 after he prepared to be extradited to the United States. McAfee’s widow Janice and his close friends have said he was not suicidal.

“I do not accept the ‘suicide’ story that has been spread,” she said on Tuesday.

“Words cannot describe how enraged I am at the fact that I had to hear the news of John’s death via a DM on Twitter. “And now it’s being conveniently reported that there was a ‘suicide note’ found in his pocket, something that was not mentioned when I collected John’s belongings from the prison.”

The widow said her husband had not been suicidal in the hours before his death, adding, “His last words to me were ‘I love you and I will call you in the evening.’

“Those words are not words of somebody who is suicidal.”

Hmmmmmmmm…

|
|

According to the indictment, John McAfee earned millions in income from promoting cryptocurrencies, consulting work, speaking engagements, and selling the rights to his life story for a documentary. From 2014 to 2018, McAfee allegedly failed to file tax returns, despite receiving considerable income from these sources. The indictment does not allege that during these years McAfee received any income or had any connection with the anti-virus company bearing his name.

McAfee allegedly evaded his tax liability by directing his income to be paid into bank accounts and cryptocurrency exchange accounts in the names of nominees. The indictment further alleges McAfee attempted to evade the IRS by concealing assets, including real property, a vehicle, and a yacht, in the names of others.

What a monster!! Isn’t this how all the wealthy Minimise not Evade their taxable income…

He didn’t pay the tax he was required to.

a) required by whom ?
b) says who ?
c) Have you Ever filled out a “Self assessment Tax” return in your life ? - or have you always been a “Public Servant” ?

No further explanation required.

Except maybe I’ll double down and say one of two scenarios applies -
a) he was a thief and was stupid enough to get caught
b) he was an honest man but one who was stupid enough to let himself be accused of being a thief.

Whatever the reason, something happened that landed him in that kind of trouble, unfortunately.

Shows just what length the US Government is going to close down free speech against it’s world view.

If Tucker is proved to be wrong… He’ll look like a goose…

If Tucker is proved correct… it will prove to a few of the mental giants here in BP, just how corrupt and treasonous the Biden loving lefty Government has become in the US…

Hanging McAfee in his cell in a foreign country would have been a walk in the park…

Interesting interview with somebody who’s apparently suicidal……

Not much more to say really… $WACKD…

1 Like

With you completely man.

CIA officials discussed abducting and even assassinating Julian Assange…

An incarcerated John McAfee would have been a walk in the park for warm and fuzzy CIA types.

The sheltered folk in this thread would be shocked to read how the CIA operates when required.

1 Like

Sounds like one man’s covert vendetta, rather than anything to do about intelligence and analysis.

The conversations were spurned by then-CIA director Mike Pompeo’s and other top officials’ fury at WikiLeaks’ publication of “Vault 7” – a set of CIA hacking tools and a breach which the agency deemed to be the biggest data loss in its history.

Mr Pompeo and the CIA leadership “were completely detached from reality because they were so embarrassed about Vault 7”, one former Trump national security official told Yahoo , adding that “they were seeing blood”.

Within months of Vault 7’s publication, US spies were monitoring the communications and movements of numerous WikiLeaks personnel, including audio and visual surveillance of Mr Assange himself, former officials said.

The plot to kidnap and kill Mr Assange was “spearheaded by Pompeo that bent important legal strictures, potentially jeopardised the Justice Department’s work toward prosecuting Assange, and risked a damaging episode in the United Kingdom, the United States’ closest ally”.