Jolleroger an adventure starting a new adventure

Hi all. My name is Jolleroger and yes I did have a boat and sailed the wrong way around the world well at least two thirds of it. I always new trading was a way to make money and you will never get rich from working so at the age of 64 having sold the yacht a few years ago and just been made redundant thinking it would be the last job I ever had and would retire from it so now I thought I would look at trading seriously and here I am. My account manager recommended this site to me having dabbled successfully with bitcoin and when I say dabbled I mean just started for 7 days now and know nothing about trading, its a scary time but at least I have the time to learn and in the mean time try not to lose my capital. Good luck to every one here.

2 Likes

Hi @jolleroger, Interesting story, thank you and welcome! :slight_smile:

Naturally, while you are learning and trying out new things and discovering what kind of trader you are and what to trade and how to trade it, you will be using a demo account? That way your capital is safe in harbour until you are ready to set sail for new horizons and find new treasures and survive the inevitable storms along the way. :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome. i found using a demo account for three months as though it was a live account, saw me through most mistakes that new traders make. It also gave me the opportunity to test and experiment with a strategy I liked. By doing more of what worked and less of what didn’t, was a great learning guide.

However, only a live account will test your emotional control, and you will learn lessons on how to combat fear and greed - so just start with a small account and risk small lots and small risk trades for a while until you are confident to progress further.

Bear in mind, you’ll never get rich quick, unless you gamble and get lucky.

best of luck.

1 Like

Where did our new captain go? Hopefully, not to another forum port or lost his compass! Or even worse, already got chewed by one of the numerous sharks that infest these trading oceans… :scream:

Would be nice to know… :slight_smile:

It’s completely understandable that you’re scared and that’s when people usually make stupid mistakes. So, just stay calm and concentrate on learning from wherever you can. Gather as much info and knowledge as possible and start making journals. That’s what’s gonna take you forward.