Journal taking and its review

Hi,

Is it just me who finds the inadequacy of using Notepad to record journals of learning fx trading and “paper trading” planning, execution and review?
To be fair, Notepad can suffice for recording, planning and execution for my need, however, I find it extremely deficient for reviewing such notes. For instance, I’d like to review all my notes on two transactions, so, a desirable way to do so would be two columns to show them in parallel. But data displayed in Notepad is not visual…
And in the meantime, I’d like to use red color or bold face to highlight certain point(s), thus, much easier to make them stand out to find them later on and/or for improved cognition. I don’t need anything fancy or a mobile app for this.
How are you doing with your trading journal?

Hi logic101

Just a few suggestions. Look at Trello as it is an online notetaking programme that you can also add screen shots of trades taken.

There is also Notion which is like Trello but in my opinion better. More interactive and more versatile. This is the one I use.

And for accurate trading accountancy try TJS Trading spreadsheets. This spread sheet you have to buy but it is not expensive and once you get use to it it is very valuable as you can enter what you did right and what you did wrong with a trade. It also gives valuable stats as to what pairs are the most profitable and which pairs cost you money and planty of other stuff. I also use this and love it.

Check them out.

Cheers

Blackduck

1 Like

@Blackduck thanks for the info. Does Notion or Trello have an easy way to compare two or multiple notes side by side?

Try this website

https://www.keepproductive.com › blog › notion-for-beginners

If it doesn’t work go to Notion.so youtube and you can see lots of videos on creating different boards. I think you will find something there that will suit your needs.

I think it would be better than Trello.

Cheers

Blackduck

Thanks for the info.

1 Like