Just graduated the School of Pipsology

Hello, everyone. I’m Jeff from Virginia. I literally just finished the School of Pipsology less than 10 minutes ago. Now what?? Haha!

My short-term plan is to open a demo account and try to make sense of everything I just learned. Get the hang of using the different technical analysis tools, make sense of articles and reports, establish a trading system, etc.

Anyway, I’m happy to be here and look forward to learning from and associating with you all. Any advice for my total newb self is much appreciated.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Woot! Woot! :clap:t2:

Now the fun begins! You may want to revisit some of the lessons as you begin to explore trading in your demo account. Let us know how you’re progressing and ask any questions you may have. Excited for you. Yay!

Hey Jeff, a big congratulations! Great news. Waiting to hear about your demo experiences.

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m definitely gonna revisit a few lessons - my retention isn’t so great, haha!

Thanks, Ele!

Hello Jeff! Congratulations and welcome to the community!
Thats a great idea to open a demo account for the first period. First of all, its important to pick a strategy for yourself.

So did you decide what kind of analysis you want to use for the trading?
Technical or fundamental?
Are you planning to short-trading or long-trading?

Welcome neighbor! I’m in Maryland :slight_smile: good luck on your journey! make sure you spend a lot of time on the charts

1 Like

Congratulations, Jeff!

1 Like

Get your demo account, buddy. In the US, you can choose from:

• Forex.com
  • Oanda
  • IG
  • TD Ameritrade
  • Interactive Brokers
  • Ally Invest (which is an IB for forex.com)

Then pop over to Trade System section and find a system to trade.

https://forums.babypips.com/c/trading-systems

My advice, rather than find the Holy Grail, pick something a lot of members trade, something with some clear rules, and trade that for a while.
The structure will help you. And the fact that plenty of other members trade it, means you have a ton of people to answer questions and give feedback. Good luck!

Thanks Diana!

I plan to use different types of analysis. Definitely want to include technical as a main type though.

Regarding short or long trading, I don’t know. I would like to become proficient and profitable at both, so I want to focus on learning one at a time and then maybe mix it up after I’m comfortable.

Heeey! Thank you!

Thanks for the info!

I will try your trading system advice. Maybe try a few till I find one or two that suit me.

I am really happy that you acomplished that school for example. Many many people make very postitive reviews about this matter. I do not understand sometimes few things but I am always gettting back to something like that if needed. To basics.

1 Like

Yep open a demo and then go through the school again whilst looking at charts. Repetition is key. Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome to bp @wjsteve72! Congrats on finishing the school of pipsology and good luck on your trading journey. :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations to you! I am just getting started, and almost out of Preschool. Yay me! I cannot wait to get to where you are…and complete this…so far, so good.

3 Likes

So how are you doing, one month out? Did you get a demo account?

1 Like

Thanks for asking! Yes, I got a demo account. I’m trying out a system from babypips. I’ve made a couple of losing trades so far. Not bad because I had stops in place. I’m still developing my skills at reading charts and finding good entry points.

That’s great! Keep going and keep learning!

Congrats, opening the demo account is vital, Oanda and Forex offers a demo account that is user friendly… Once you learn what side of the trade to be on let us all know so we can all enjoy your success, focus on one pair , I suggest the GBP/JPY , and always place a stop loss to limit the potential losses…