Just introducing myself

Hi everybody. I am new to FX, currently reading through the School of Pipsology content. I thought I would just say hello and introduce myself (I am bobble!). This seems like a great community.

2 Likes

Hello hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @anon81929759… been reading some of your posts, you seem very knowledgeable and not afraid to state it like it is. I hope to learn a lot from yourself and others.

Hi Bobble! :slight_smile: Welcome to our community.

It really is great! :slight_smile: Awesome people like @anon81929759 over here are very very helpful to us beginners.

How far into the school are you? :smiley:

Hi @ria_rose.

I have read up to Summer School so far, but there is a lot I haven’t fully taken in so I am now going back over parts to make sure I fully understand them. I am also trying to find some useful videos on youtube to help explain a few things.

How far into this whole subject are you? Have you tried a demo trading account yet? Not sure at what stage to give it a go.

1 Like

Hi @bobble
yes that’s true i am a direct person
i am very knowledgeable in terms of I.T. and Electronics
as for forex, i am Knowledgeable to the point of knowing how to become financially free or make a living from forex

am i an expert… NO
I’m just a guy who’s slogged it out for 7 years or so and figured it out…Nothing more.

i am happy to help if people want to learn and if they are not lazy and if they put effort in
but , obviously it’s not worth wasting time on people who are not going to stick with it

so yeah. feel free to ask questions if you don’t understand things
be cool
speak soon

@anon81929759 thanks for your further reply.

I do not really have any prior knowledge of any type of trading, so most of this is completely new to me. Other than reading through the School of Pipsology a few times (to start with) do you have any advice for what is the best way to get ones head around all of this new info - was there anything you did when starting out which kind of gave you a ‘eureka’ moment?

Is it best to just open a demo account now and start implementing what I am learning in the School of Pipsology?

Many thanks for your time.

hehe.
my “Eureka Moment” came approx 3 years after i started
the Eureka Moment doesn’t happen when you start off

the “Holy Crap what’s going on Moment” is what you get a lot off in the beginning

yes i do have advice for you

1. Learn to be very very calm

2. do not trade if you are overly happy or overly sad or feeling anyway other than NEUTRAL (do not mess with this rule)

3. Have something to drink and a meal before you start trading (Your brain will function more efficiently when it has nutrients that it needs)

4. Watch what you eat and eat healthy and try and exercise… YOU SEE
    WHAT YOU EAT WILL DIRECTLY AFFECT HOW YOU FEEL
    and HOW YOU FEEL WILL DIRECTLY AFFECT THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE
    and THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE WHILE TRADING WILL DIRECTLY AFFECT WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE AND BY HOW MUCH.
    so… if you don’t eat healthy… YOU INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF LOSING.
    (this was definitely a big Eureka Moment)

5. Make a flow chart or some sort of procedure that you follow, and Modify it over time so you get to a point where it’s flawless and works

6. have a goal in place and have short term goals that prove the long term goal and monitor yourself daily on your progress of that goal
    without a goal, you will get nowhere

7, Learn what RISK MANAGEMENT means

1. Pick one instrument and learn how it behaves and trade that,
    later when you get used to it, you can pop on another and so on
    don’t start off with like 5, IT’LL JUST CONFUSE YOU

2. i suggest starting on Indexes as opposed to currency, i think you’ll find it easier to make money on indexes vs Currency

3. DEFINITELY 100% get a demo account open (Several if possible) and start testing everything

4. do not go live until you can consistantly prove that you can trade for a min of 6 months without overall loss

that’s probably it for now

for me , The Eureka moments were

I noticed when i was losing on Currency i was making it back on indexes
so… Logically it made sense to move to indexes.
i still trade currency, but ONLY AT CERTAIN TIMES
for me, Indexes are the golden key

Also, when i switched from trading 30min charts to longer time frames like H4 or Daily everything changed.
and when i got out of the habit of closing a trade before the end of the day so as to avoid the swap fee, but letting it run for weeks if not months… everything changed
another Eureka Moment

honestly, from that time, i was able to pretty much guarantee an income
after that it got bigger and bigger
Eventually i paid my life upfront by 1 year (and go financially free)

from that point, things became a lot easier
no more debt
no more bill worries
no more anything worries
i still ran my business
and my wife still had her job
but. .whenever we earned money , we literally have nothing to spend it on because everything is paid upfront
so our only option is to save and put it towards the next year
which results in our life (the following year) being paid upfront by a longer period of time

so yeah, the big things for me were
Longer time frames
holding the trades longer
Indexes and some Currency trading
having a definite plan and goal
Daily monitoring of the plan

yeah… tha’ts about it
oh
and Constant testing of new ideas on demo

and your flowchart should include
economic calender’s
how you will manage your emotional state
how you will manage risk
how will you get out of crap when you are in a trade that looks like it will stuff you up

so here’s another good exercise

PURPOSELY (On Demo only) put yourself in crap situations
say… you have $500 in a demo account
you meant to type in 0.01 lots, but you accidentally typed in 0.1 lots
or
you meant to type 0.1 lots, but you accidentally typed 1.0 lots THIS IS ALWAYS FUN hehe
and then let it run
to simulate what would happen if you didn’t realize and it moved say 50 pips

then GET YOURSELF OUT OF IT
it’s a very useful skill to have TO BE ABLE TO PULL YOURSELF OUT OF CRAP

people don’t do this
newbies focus on MAKING MONEY ALL THE TIME
and what strategy will MAKE MONEY

how about WHAT STRATEGY WILL PROTECT YOU
what strategy WILL SAVE YOUR REAR END if things go bad

I’m not kidding
this was another Eureka Moment

do those things and you should be pretty ok

1 Like

@anon81929759 wow thanks for the lengthy reply. I will try and take all of that on board.

With regards to index trading, could you suggest any decent sites like this one to get started on? Does the same type of technical analysis, indicators, strategies that I have been reading about on here work for index’s?

Thanks again

Bobble

yes it does

it works for all instruments once you understand it

also, i’ve noticed that for some reason babypips has re numbered all my numbers to restart from 1 again.
that’s weird

You’re welcome for the lengthy reply by the way
it’s the best summarized advice i could give you

as for sites like this one
i really have not found anything worth while looking at to be honest, Not like this.
this is the best starting point to learn your basics

1 Like

Going to by the lengths of all your posts here you are far from direct!!

No… I’m direct
that’s all

if a person asks a question… i answer
if they want clarification or it’s a technical topic, you get a longer post because more information needs to be conveyed
simple as that.

1 Like

:laughing: this is what I meant

Hello, Bobble, welcome to the Babypips forum!

I see! :slight_smile: There really are a few concepts that are somewhat hard to grasp but, rereading helps me a lot too! In fact, I make sure I reread each section because it really helps me understand things better. :smiley:

I’m already in my UNDERGRADUATE section. I’m so excited 'cause I’m almost done. Lol.[quote=“bobble, post:5, topic:130065”]
Have you tried a demo trading account yet?
[/quote]

Yeah. I have. I’ve been working on my demo account recently, you know, trying out a few things I’ve learned. But, I guess, opening up a demo trading account now wouldn’t hurt. At least you get to put the concepts to practice right away. :slight_smile:

I look forward to speaking again soon! :smiley: I hope we could learn from each other.

1 Like

I’m also new to here! :slight_smile: Please welcome me too!~

2 Likes

WELCOME… YOUNG PADOWAN to the Jedi School of Babypips
Please. enter into this domain and BE CERTAIN THAT YOU ARE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS

so let me say once again…

WELCOME
hang on… Let me bold that .so that you feel welcomed enough

WELCOME

NO. NO… still not good enough
Needs something else

hang on

Italics, that’s it

WELCOME

THAT’S BETTER

Now… you are truly Welcomed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello Neumal! :slight_smile: Welcome to the community! Feel free to ask questions from the super cool members here. Most of them are willing to help us noobs! Haha.

Are you currently going through BabyPips’ School of Pipsology?
I hope we get to interact and learn more from each other as time passes. :smiley:

Hi @bobble! Welcome to the forums! You are definitely at the right place to learn. The School of PIpsology has everything you need to get started on forex trading.

Good luck and hope to hear more about your journey here in the forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings @neumal and welcome to the BabyPips.com community!

1 Like