Just plain fed up

I’d be glad to copy and paste the reviews if you’d like.

I’m not as up to date on the art of sabatage that everyone seems to say is happening on the review sites. Don’t get me wrong…I know lost money makes a bad review. Especially if it’s a gambling, leverage type person who can’t accept responsibility for the loss.

Somebody is lying. I have to figure out who. [B]That pisses me off. [/B] That is very unfair to the newby! Oh well…such is life. If I don’t figure it out…I lose. Now…who’s lying? I really don’t believe that none of the many post’s are untrue. I’m sorry if my emotion is bothering you. I’m not working very hard 20 hours a day (with my normal job and studying) to lose anymore then the normal %.

[U][/U]

my broker is alpari when i withdraw money my money is there 10 mins later i can prove this with the mt4 statment and my bank statement, they are regulated by the FSA and are a bloody good broker

[quote=“cugir321,post:17,topic:25398”]

Not familiar with that, but just by it’s name it sounds like a scam company. Like one of those jobs where they try to sell you a robot trader and sign you up with their broker all in one package.

That is one thing to avoid like the plague, a broker will NOT sell you a winning system/robot and sign you up to their brokerage. That just equals bucket shop trying to guarantee you will lose faster so they can take all your money.

Do you understand the differences between different types of brokers. ECN, market maker, ect… That in it’self will hellp you avoid those scammers.

Like I said pick from one of the three I listed and you should be safe from a scam broker. I can’t guarantee you’ll be safe from your self and win though.

P.S. Actually the ticker IS NOT a problem. The problem is traders who don’t know how to get out in a fast moving market and executing properly with the platform and understanding their particular brokers market order types.

As far as requotes at IBFX, two way around it. 1. Set max deviation wider. 2. When in profit set the stop loss postive as far as you can. I’ve rarely got a requote on #1 and never got a requote on #2.

P.P.S. My advice to you is that if you are going to blame the broker and are convinced they are scams then don’t trade. That is honest advice, I’m not trying to be smart. [B]The reason I say that is that if you keep the belief in your self that the broker is after you, you will be thinking that every loss. You’ll be thinking of a way to beat the broker or thinking of finding another broker instead of improving your trading strategy or method.[/B] Not being able to accept a loss and move on is very dangerous to a trader.

If it was just a few brokers it would be fine…shoot…every broker has got negative posts. Not just one. I find a top rated broker and boom…there they are.

I understand what you’re saying about the ticker I’ve modified my plan over time. I’ve been setting the limit and stop loss wide when the pattern is running as planned…this has protected against spikes. I’ll walk the stop loss up under a positive trend, keeping my distance. I try to watch everything, first it let’s me see more patterns for more experience, second I can manually bug out if I see something developing I don’t like or I misread.

I’m definately convinced some are scams. I’m sure there are a few that are fine with little quirks. (I’m thinking maybe 25%) I agree, don’t play if I can’t trust the system.

I’ve been using the 4hr, 1 hr, 5m, 1m chart. 1 hour for long trend, 5 min for short trend, 1 min for immediate entry and exit. I like scapling because it lets me see more patterns…more patterns, more experience. I’m ahead with this method. I’m not way ahead so getting involved with a MM bucketeer would kill me from the grind.

Scalping? Which allow it?

How are the four brokers listed in respect to scalping?

Oanda, MB trading, IBFX, Alpari (no complaint filed with commisions, customer support is a complaint by users)

I can only speak from personal experience with my own broker, IBFX. They have no problem with scalping. At least when I was doing it, they never gave me a problem.

I’d like to give you a little advice on scalping. Don’t do it if you want to make money over time. Scalping is a losing bet. I don’t do trades for less than 50 pips targets now. Trying to pick up 5-10 pips over and over is just stacking the odds against you. Every time you trade you have to beat the spread. Scalping is actually a lot more work physically and emotionally than trading for larger pip gains.

I agree scalping is good for some initial experience for both entry and watching for retraces, but like I said scalping for small pip gains stacks the odds against you because you have to beat the spread over and over and over for small pip gains. You are basically paying the broker multipe times, where if you traded for larger targets you could pay him once and do a fraction of the work.

alpari dosn’t seem to mind scalping, infact there trailing stops start from 1.5 pips as most brokers have a minimum of 10

i have used alpari for a long time and can say, i would reccomend them to anybody as a starting point.

even taking my money out is as quick as you like i normallly fast track it and my money is always in my bank account 10 mins later

pending orders are always filled, there only problem is there requotes on immidate orders but that is a part if forex and not normally the brokers fault
if the price is moving quickly expect requotes but apart from that alpari are i say one of the best ou there

I hear you 100%. Thanks for that advice. I do need the experience identifying patterns. So you’re usually doing 1 day or less trades? Are there any online forums with live usd/jpy group trading?

Thank you. Hows their customer service? The complaints listed are mostly about requotes. That is the least of my worries. I can deal with that.

Wow, your putting the apple before the cart.

Sure there have been a few “scam” brokers, but as long as you go with a broker that is registered with the CFTC and the NFA(if your in the states, and even if not the fact that they have registered is a good sign), you should be okay. If your in the UK, the FSA… swisterland… the AIRF and now the FINMA… I’m sure that each country has some type of regulatory body, and I believe it is still a voluntary membership, so do your home work.

I would take most negative comments with a grain of salt about a broker, same with the opposite. I even think stop hunting is somewhat of a myth.

I personally use ODL in the UK, and they have been good though I am going to probably switch to GFT as they have a blackberry platform.

Same as anything, if a broker is offering you something that sounds to good to be true, then I would be wary of handing my money over to them.

cheers

well there customer service is pretty good althought i havent been able to test out there complaints department because i have had no complaints

and trust me when i say how i love to complain

even once i accidently sent money to a wrong account (myfault i filled in the form wrong) they had the payment reversed and sent it to the account i wanted it to go.

your money is safe with them

they are also regulated by the fsa in the uk and have a world wide client base(ofcourse each alpari is to there own in the countries and regulated by there local regulator where they reside)

I’m testing oanda right now. The java thing isn’t working out well. It keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes. Their charts are tough to work with.

I’ll load another demo soon. Is their software stand alone or does it work in the browser?