Kiss principle trading

19/4/19 AUD/USD LONG TRADE [FR78.6]
Although AU has formed a Day Bear Engulfing candle at Resistance + 127% Fib Extension, and there is a chance for a Day Fib Retracement close to 71 area, I can’t ignore the fact that it has formed a Hammer at the 786 Fib which is also the last low. It didn’t close below the last Swing Low on the 4h chart. Furthermore, I am a Swing Trader and have to take on this trade. Despite of being Easter Holidays as well.

TP is the 127% 4h swing extension.

Anyway, this will be the last trade until after the break.

25/4/19 13:30 UPDATE: S/L HIT -1u

TRADING WEEK END SAT 20/4/19 STATISTICS +2.5% (+1units)
Not a great week by far but I take a winning week versus a losing week any day.
I have made major improvements however in the area of “discipline”. I only traded within my rules with only one trade that was “rushed” (coco first entry). A part from that I am happy.

Total Trades: 5
Win Trades: 2
Losing Trades: 1
B/E Trades: 2
%W: 67%
Average R:R 2.1

% Bank Increase: +2.5%

OPEN TRADES: 3 (one at b/e no risk)
PAPER P/L: +1.8 units

happy trading :slight_smile:

25/4/19 EUR/CAD DAY LONG TRADE [FR62]

I just entered this trade at a possible Fib Retracement 61.8%. This is a “Day Chart” entry and as such it has the Day 127% fib as TP. I will as usual trail the stop.

27/4/19 S/L HIT (-1U)

25/4/19 AUD LONG TRADE [DB]

26/4/19 GBP/JPY LONG TRADE [DB]

27/4/19 At B/E

26/4/19 GBP/USD LONG TRADE [S79]
G/U has hit a 786 and formed a Day Doji as well as being at the 30% RSI so I have entered long on this pair

27/4/19 At B/E

27/5/19 COCO SHORT TRADE SET UP [TTR79]
I will be shorting coco on opening as long as it is at the current closed price or near.

29/4/19 COCO SHORT TRADE DAY CHART [TTR79]
As mentioned last week, I have entered Coco Short on this TTR79 (a.k.a. The Gartley 78.6% fib or King Crown)

TRADING WEEK END SAT 27/4/19 STATISTICS -5.7%
Not a winning week but I currently have two open trades at b/e plus one trade that is at +0.6units. I have been thinking that from here on is best to do this “summaries” monthly. I have re-established my KISS PRINCIPLE TRADING and I am happy with my discipline over the past two weeks compare to the disaster of the week prior to that! Furthermore since I am a Swing Trader, my open positions can take a week to develop or more, so it makes more sense to analyse results monthly.

Total Trades: 5
Win Trades: 1
Losing Trades: 2
B/E Trades: 1
%W: 25%
Average R:R 1.3

% Bank Increase: -5.7%

OPEN TRADES: 3 (two at b/e no risk)
PAPER P/L: +6%

happy trading :slight_smile:

1/5/19 CRUDE OIL SHORT TRADE [WEEKLY SHOOTING STAR]
Crude oil hit a Right Tip or “D” point of a Weekly Gartley. However, the Weekly Candle “Shooting Star” requires over 200 points of Stop. So, looking in the Intraday Chart for entry, we have an Engulfing Candle at the Fib50%. This is not ideal, but I am happy to take the risk and look for a 618 or 786 entry if this trade doesnt play out.

1/5/19 EUR/JPY LONG TRADE [FR62]

1/5/19 12:00 S/L @ B/E

01/05/19 NZD/USD SHORT TRADE [FR50]

03/05/19 COCO SHORT TRADE [DIV3]
Coco has now formed a 3-point Divergence on the Daily Chart in addition to two bear candle signals Harami followed by an Engulfing. So I have shorted this commodity but since we are going “against the trend” I am only seeking a 1.5x return.

3/5/19 AUD/USD LONG TRADE [DOUBLE BOTTOM]
As shown, unfortunately no time to post this on time…
There are some trades I just can’t make it to post that I have been taken…:frowning:

KISS is an acronym for the design principle “Keep it simple, Stupid!” and it’s one more trading strategy.

SHORT NZD/USD Right Tip: Stop Loss Hit -1unit

Hello fellow traders, after a very nice and long holiday I am back and refreshed. During my holiday I had a chance to reflect on my trading philosophy. I concluded that “less is more” the lesser number of well selected trades is much better than seeking the action. I apply the same concept in my punting and will aim at the same here.

So we are selling the nzd/usd at market around the 0.6723 mark.

I will post pictures later on. It is dinner time here down under.

Happy trading
:slight_smile:

18/7 Not a good welcome back home to start my trading. I obviously jumped the gun and misread this possible King Crown. There was no candle confirmation at the 618 or 786 since I was going to sleep I placed my sell order “pre-empting” a right tip.

Onto the next…

18th Jul 2019 11:00am (OZ TIme): LONG GBP/JPY 30m Chart: RSI Divergence / Double Bottom Profit Hit +2unit (+35pips)

I am going long for 35pips target with a 17.5pips risk (2:1) on the g/j

18/7/19 11:50 Stop @ 12pips
18/7/19 16:52 Profit hit +2 units (+35pips)

I cannot comment on your methodology. But damn nice to see another decent thread with details of actual trades and trading going on. Keep it up. And do well with your trading.

By the way: I used to work for a boss some years ago. His favorite saying was “work smarter not harder”!!! LOL!!! Same thing as the KISS principle. And he was right!!! LOL!!!

thanks dpaterso, appreciate your comment.
hope you doing well too.
I have tried many ways of trading, I do not why we humans seek so much action! instead of sticking to what it works albeit the “slowly but surely path”.

So I am trying to distract myself away from the computer so I leave my trades alone and I do not enter trades out of boredom!

happy trading!

1 Like

GBP/JPY BULL BIAS?
Okay, so our mini trade hit its profit target of 2:1 which is good. In preparation for what “might come”, I can see that the G/J is forming a RSI Divergence in the Daily and 4-hrly charts, which really tells me “it would’ve been nice to move my stop to b/e, and move the tp further away before it hit it!”…but I am just joking, there is not “would’ve should’ve could’ve allowed” in this business…

Here is the chart. I will be looking to keep entering longs (until the 4hr trend changes) using the 30min-1h charts along the way if possible…

As I mentioned earlier, you won’t get as much action from me here on, since I am back to my “focus” trading, that is, I have removed all products and I am only trading the G/J. This has been by far my most successful product over the years and I regret to have sought for extra action in pursue for more and more profits which really didn’t work as well. dropping my ROI.

However, the good news is that, because I am focusing on G/J I can find trades in the 30m which used to give me about 2-3 trades a week in average and we either win or lose pretty quick as well which suits my trading style. I really have no patience to wait and wait and wait for days to find out if I won or not!

Let’s see if I can stick to my plan!

Happy trading!

Can I give you some input???

I don’t trade FOREX (as you may or may not know) but for years I’ve been trading just about every Index known to man and all at the same time. But of late: I’ve cut it down to only three or four. And I can tell you that I’m making more money NOW trading just those three or four than with trading ten, eleven, or twelve of them at the same time. Point I’m trying to make: they say that it’s better to stick to one or two instruments (pairs) and get to know them and their “personality” and trade only those one or two. And while I’ve never before implemented this nor agreed with it: I do now for sure. It’s less stressful, less time consuming, cheaper (interest), and one can actually concentrate on what you’re doing.