KittyMoku (Ichimoku Kinko Hyo) PART 1 (Basics)

All is good but using kitty kitty gives head ace Nd spelling errors also distract focus else post is good

1 Like

Yess you are kitty right! Chikou span is counted 26 periods backwards! We’re lookin at the XAUUSD D picture right? On my kitty view, Chikou span is on top of the price line during the crossover and it has been above the price line even eight candles before the cross.

But of course, if you feel like u need a bit more conviction, you can wait for Chikou span to create “space” between itself and the price line and that works too! The only downside is that for Chikou span to create that “space” between itself and the price line, you wudda sacrificed some of the upside to gain better confirmation. It’s a tradeoff of gettin’ more confirmation for a part of the move.

The moww conservative purrspective would be to wait 3 or 4 more candles for Chikou Span to make a proper “space” between itself and price.
Another variation of interpretation would be if we count the candlestick “whiskers” and “tails” - I don’t normally count em so if Chikou span is above the kitty body, for me that counts as being above.

You got it right, don’t worry! It’s a matter of interpreting and there really is some variation to that between practitioners and that’s fine. Just know where you stand in terms of risk tolerance vs confirmation. Good luck! :cat:

Thank you! The cat language + spelling are all intentional. :wink:
I figured a silly cat trying to trade is a morale boost for the average newbie to have confidence and I also figured it’s a bit funny for the newbies to stay interested. Other than that, I sought to be direct and simple on the explanations with emphasis on practical use. :smiley_cat:
ahim
I am kitty glad you found value on my post! Till the next one! :heart_eyes_cat:

Hey cat 1 question do you need to do multi time frame analysis for example if i trade h1 i have to look at h4 and m30 to see if the cloud is still trending correct? But then why is it called ichimoku kinko hyo at one glance?

1 Like

Hallooo! Thank you for takin’ the time to read. :heart_eyes_cat:

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo’s objective is to enable you to make decisions with one glance on one chart. You can use it on one timeframe and do well on its own.
However, just like any other trading system, the concept of higher timeframe still applies.

As with any trading system, the lower intraday signals can be “noisy” and may offer “false” signals. The higher timeframes will sacrifice some of the “timeliness” of trading signals in exchange for “clarity” / accuracy. ALL kitty systems are subject to this rule of compromise between “timeliness” and “accuracy”. Go lower and get earlier signals but get some noise. Go higher and get later signals but no noise. Ichimoku is no exception to this rule.

However, to compensate for this, this is where the CONFIRMATION system (sometimes set of confirmations) of Ichimoku comes into play. You will say “pass” to many signals in the short run but in the long run, you will find that the confirmations will help you avoid false signals / noise. This is the Ichimoku’s edge of being able to confirm signals on its own bypassing the need to confirm on another timeframe. (Signal + Confirmation/s = Stronger signal)

On its own, you can rely on Ichimoku for your intraday trades. The built in confirmation will be enough to filter out the noise. Some traders tho prefer a higher timeframe to confirm their biases and that’s fine too. It’s a personal risk perspective. The trade-off will be that you will say “nyu” to many trades as the additional filter will prevent you from taking some valid signals on the lower timeframe.

I guess this is a more purrsonal aspect : As a trader, how much are you willing to trade-off between getting signals earlier (but risking on taking trades that are not as high probability) and getting more clarity / confirmation (but risking on missing out some of the price movement) for your signals. hth. good luck! :cat:

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve been using Ichimoku for a while also but your post is so much clearer and makes trading and tracking easier. Good luck for your future trades and to all the kitty Traders out there… (btw cat freaks me out cause it’s too soft… :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Thank you for readin’! Dis kitty is happy that my doodles helped you! Mission accomplished! :smirk_cat:

Thank you! I wish you well on your tradin’ and soon I hope I can do more sharin’! :smiley_cat:

Don’t worry, it takes some gettin’ used to but we cats are nice cuddle buddies! (Except when we are on our killer stance) :sweat_smile:

(Do not touch the belly! It’s a trap! :scream_cat:)

Till then! :smile_cat:

Hello Imperator_Cat :cat: i have been using and following your kittymoku system i have one question im new to trading and i trade at h1 iknow if you trade at h4 or h1 if everything is good look for entry at m30 or m15 my question is that how do you recommend to look for entry do you still use kittymoku or stochastic or tenkan and kijun cross or change it to something else since it works best at high time frame? Im just having trouble finding entry

Thank you in advance :grin: