Krugman25 a re-introduction, hello all old and new

Hello everyone, I thought it would be appropriate to do a re-introduction since so there are so many new people and so much has changed in my life since my 4 year hiatus from babypips. Just a quick recap of who I am, my name is Aaron Kruger. I’m a husband and father of 4. My wife and I are currently waiting for approval from the South Korean government to bring our beautiful adopted daughter home, which I am hopeful will happen by later this summer since we have now been waiting over a year. I am an inventor (US patent # US9581479B2), software developer and technical manager by professional, and Forex/Stocks/Options/Futures trader by passion.

The very first book I ever bought was from B.Daltons at the age of 15 and was called “How to Make Money in Stocks” by William J. O’Neil. It was a book that introduced me to candlestick pattern analysis and most likely the reason I gravitated towards price action trading once I got into Forex. I actually have no idea why I was interested in chart reading since no one I knew traded stocks and it wasn’t something anyone around me ever talked about. The first trade I ever made was when I was fresh out of high school, probably sometime around 2006 or 2007, and was the purchase of an options contract with my broker at the time OptionsStack. Fast forward to 2012 and I run across an online price action website that talked about this strange thing called Forex. As I mentioned before the stock market is not a common topic where I am from, and Forex was a completely foreign and unknown thing. I began learning about both price action candlestick trading and Forex. I eventually journeyed over to babypips where I planted my flag in 2013.

Having become frustrated at how many gurus were trying to sell their Price Action wares, I decided to start my own thread as a response. It was to be a hub of free price action educational material that would start from the very basics and work up, and also include live trades I and other members were taking. The thread lived up to those goals and became the 7th most visited thread in the trading systems forums with now going on 700k views. It is still a great hub of information since the principles of technical analysis never really change, but the thread itself has since gone inactive. The reason for my abrupt disconnection from babypips was simply 2 things, my work life had significantly ramped up as we began to sell a huge volume of our product. The second thing is that the forums had become pretty toxic with trolls and troll-like behavior completely suffocating any useful conversation. Babypips did a good job at trying to stop it but it was like playing whack-a-mole. One would get banned and 2 more would pop up the next day. Due to that experience I have very little tolerance for troll-like behavior, since I have seen first hand how it can smother hungry traders that are having valuable conversations.

Needless to say I simply unplugged from the social aspect of trading for a time. I popped in here and there but never truly plugged back in. Fast forward to today and I am at a calm spot in my career and have never been having as fun of a time with trading as I am now. I have always enjoyed the comradery and social aspect of trading forums and blogs, and wanted to step back into that sphere. Now I am back in babypips, where my Forex journey started. I am not quite sure what involvement I will have yet, but I am in no hurry to jump into anything. For now I am going to enjoy pointing newbies to babypips great educational portal and for those looking for price action info, point them to my old thread, and then just poke around offering my 2 cents where appropriate.

I think the salesman and gurus have given price action a bad name, which is tremendously unfortunate. Price action is simply a technique for chart reading, like Elliot Wave Theory or Harmonic Patterns, and has been around for hundreds of years. Elliot Wave Theory isn’t suddenly bad because a guy named Avi Gilburt sells his EW courses like a crazed sales person. In the same way Price Action isn’t bad because of the many sale people. Candlestick trading is just as awesome as it was 250 years ago when it was developed and used by traders in Asia. I may someday reboot a price action educational thread to try and give a fresh start to it, and maybe help give it a better name around these parts. I may just continue to share analysis and commentary with experienced price action traders, as I primarily do right now. Or maybe something different altogether. Who knows?!, but I do know babypips is an awesome place for both beginner and experienced traders alike and I look forward to conversing with all of you in the coming weeks, months and years!

10 Likes

Link us back to it @krugman25 - let us see !

1 Like

Thanks for the comment Falstaff. Here is the link to the thread Price Action That Matters. I highly doubt the quick navigation links work anymore since that was all created in an older version of babypips.

Your link takes us back to an extensive thread - But you come on here as a new poster with / without a reputation, but a “knigthood tag !” and a long absense.

Long thread - but time is not really “of the essence” :slight_smile:

I’m not completely following you but yes that was quite the thread. Somewhere around 3,500 posts and have gotten messages from people that had read it top to bottom. I don’t know how long that would take but I know I wouldn’t do it, lol. Starts reading like a soap opera eventually. It’s not all valuable, a number of rants in there about how much I disliked Nial Fuller and Johnathon Fox, but as they say you just have to spit out the sticks when eating the hay. Ultimately far too much time involved and too many people to wrangle for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the old country - we don’t use “Gotten” - we would simply say “I have messages …”

But that’s ok - I’ll get back to you in the fullness of time ! :slight_smile:

Lol, ok. You better get used to my lingo if you are planning on reading 3500 posts worth of it. Goodluck and godspeed.

1 Like

I can probably decipher most hieroglyphics - don’t be nervous :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your link takes us back to an extensive thread - But you come on here as a new poster with / without a reputation, but a “knigthood tag !” and a long absense.

ahh, had misread this. Yeah I agree which is why I thought a post like this was important. There were a lot of us with the honorary tag that eventually left over the years. A few of them were regulars in my thread. Some really awesome people, which I hope will eventually pop up in here again someday.

3 Likes

Hi @krugman25!

Congratulations and all the best to you and your beautiful growing family! It’s really great to have you back.

We’re looking forward to what you’ll come up with in the coming days.

See you around, Aaron!

Penelopip

2 Likes

@Penelopip Thank you for the warm welcome back and the kind words!

Haven’t seen trolls lately. Hope this post doesn’t jinx that!

Btw, I read your Q&A here also, very good read.

2 Likes

You’re such a respectable member… Just curious… What was this about?

BabyPips.com Forex Trading Forum?

Did you get hacked or something?

No, I was tinkering with EA’s. Popped in breifly to show off my work.