Krugman's plans for 2019

This is a nice way to end 2018. Having an all green trading screen. I’ve now recouped almost all of my losses from a brutal December :joy: (only down 2%, from being down over 10%)

In other news, our daughter has been home for about 2 months now and life is getting back to normal. Next year we are moving across the US to relocate for my job. 2019 will have a number of challenges including relocating my family and have high work demands as we develop and roll out a new product.

Even with all of that busyness, my trading goals for 2019 are to outperform the S&P 500, to be more active on BP and Twitter, and to roll out a new thread on Babypips to teach an untouched topic, “Options Premium Selling”. 5% of my profit from 2018 came from just selling options on the EUR/USD futures market (symbol is /6E). Selling premium on EURUSD and GBPUSD was very lucrative in 2018, and will likely continue to be in 2019. Options selling is very mechanical, almost no subjectiveness at all, and can produce solid profits when done correctly. I am looking forward to putting it out to the BabyPips group and seeing peoples thoughts.

Have a great New Years Eve everyone!

6 Likes

Here it is, my new blog. Throw me a bone and check it out! http://tradingwithkrugman.com/

Wow! You have a good following on TV. Awesome.

Read some posts and that AAPL one hit home haha. Nibbled at 143.

Will your weather be changing a lot from where you are now? If so, good luck!!! Good luck with work as well. Lots of respect for people who value hard work / hustling.

Will follow this one, I know nothing about this haha.

1 Like

Thanks @purtle !

Yes, the weather will be changing dramatically. I currently live in the Midwest where temp extremes can be -50 to 110 (when factoring in both wind chill and heat index). We are moving about 1000 miles straight south. The weather will be more like 30 to 95.

It is going to take around 20-30 posts before I get my current portfolio laid out and can start discussing things on the educational side. I will be starting a babypips thread that will basically be in parallel with my blog, but will let any interested babypipper’s follow along if they want.

Wow. Didn’t realize temps fluctuate that much in the midwest! (Which just now made me think of @midwest lol)

Yeah that would be great. I’m sure there are other folks here who would like to follow along too.

1 Like

I just rolled out an introduction video for my blog

1 Like