Leg0nd's System 13 Trade Journal

I agree to some degree however mistakes should not be ignored. Mistakes is the result of losing
trades. Is the mistakes cause by a human error? Is it based on a bad call/judgements? Is it due to the bad habits? If you find what the root cause of that mistakes and fix/eliminate those or at least minimize the mistakes, you will have a better chance to catch a good trades, keep your winnings, and having a small lose but only if you can actually see it through when you are in calm, neutral state of mind… We are humans. We make mistakes so if you catch those early on and correct it, that’s how you improved your system and you as a trader… We learn and found success by making mistakes everyday in life and to become a better trader as well.

I am still permanently lost since you so kindly showed me the exit :slight_smile: but i will clarify what i am saying.

We are virtually saying the same thing, you are talking about root causes while i am talking about skills.

I was advising Leg0nd, not that he needs my advice of course :wink: , not to worry about the mistake he made… i could have said the individual mistake he made, because in that heated moment that was all he was thinking about. As you rightly point out if he knows the root cause of the mistake he can take action against it.

That mistake will happen again at some point even if he knows the root cause, which by is own analysis he immediately did, which is what caused his frustration. If he concentrates on learning through practice to master the skill, in live conditions… for example never moving a stop loss when it is under pressure he wont have to worry about those individual situations.

Mistakes are extremely valuable, but if you dont practice the skill you will just have a list of problems & root causes. We are saying sort of the same thing.

I am now returning to my permanently lost state. I hope you continue to enjoy your weekend!

Don’t you have a GPS to find your way? or are you still using the actual “Map”…that is so old fashion if you asked me lol

I understand… but would it be more effective to focus on (atleast right now) eliminating or at least minimize the mistakes if you know what they are and why they are keep coming back? Then once that stabilized and you know what not to do ever again or atleast get that under control, when the time goes on, you are actually practicing that “skills” you have. I think mistakes are what makes us put back when we started or maybe worse. You can have all the skills you want but if you still keep making that mistakes, you wont get ahead…Well, these is what I think and I am sticking to it lol :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend to you as well…

Sticking to it would be a Mistake :slight_smile:

Think of tennis, i know why my serve is going out all the time, i have found the root cause, its becaus i dont throw the ball high enough. I now have to practice until i can do it everytime and my serve improves…i am practicing the skill.

If we could all identify a problem from a mistake and solve it right away we would all be millionaires. It takes practice, each movement can be broken down into small skills which we can practice.

I’m getting a new “map” soon :slight_smile:

Nope… Not everyone have the will, determination, and the aptitude to be a successful trader and becoming a millionaire or 2 in these field but ofcourse there are other ways you could be wealthy not just in Forex :slight_smile:

Would it be nice if you solved that problem/ mistakes right away or atleast get it under control? If you look at the history of your trades and see how many of those losses are due to the mistakes you made, bad judgements, not discipline enough, etc. if you don’t have those or at least at the minimum, do you think your account still on a good status meaning you are still have profit in there or more? Yes, you do need skills but mistakes is what preventing you to keep those profits/pips in your account…

Glad to hear you are getting a new map :slight_smile:

I explain something to you in English and you answer me in korean NOT LITERALLY! but thats how it feels hahahaha.
It’s all good. I will make my millions in maps and you will make your millions in gps! NOT LITERALLY :slight_smile:

My gf makes me feel like this a lot too…

We better agree go disagree. I cant take korean on one side and russian on the other…i dont have the language " skills".

Yep, agree to disagree… Hope you found your wealth in your new “map”…

By the way, if you don’t mind me asking, how long are you been trading and if you are profitable. If you are profitable, how long? I will probably take it into a consideration about your responses in-regards to “skills”…depending how profitable you are. It’s always good to learn from someone who have been there and that he apply those skills…

Thanks!

It’s amazing how many posts I have to go back and read because I was still sleeping lol. Thanks for your concern PipnRoll, and the many others. I have a clear level head on my shoulders now. I am glad I posted when I was really upset. It’s going to be great to go back and read :). As far as a break goes, it’s crunch time right now xD. I don’t have to trade, but I still have to research.

I’m about to be full time employed within a week or so. The job I actually want and have a good shot at getting is going to be pretty hard physical work, 10-12 hour days 50+ hours a week with pretty odd hours. That being said as soon as I start I will not be able to research, design, or even trade. I’m going to be extremely exhausted every day and will pretty much just be working and sleeping and banking all the money. My personal goal is to save 10k to put into my account in that 6 month window I desire. So when I do come back, if my strategy is not in order, I will not be able to trade even having the money. Good news (I’m sure everyone will clap lol), is that with 10k in my account I would invest $500 (5% account put into trade) and have a risk of a 2.5% loss per trade (or even around 1.5% if I can get really really good at determining draw down before it happens) and my gain will vary but assuming I hit my mark, I will make 2.5+% a day when I trade. The goal is hopefully to get at least 2 trades a week. I would love to have 5 trades per week, but I would most likely have to bend the rules or trade a different system to do that.

Back to the frustration I was having. Everyone here knows I use Microsoft excel. Due to the extent of the mathematics I use, If I alter one formula, I get entirely different results in my output functions that are what I use to place the trades. Last week I altered 4 of them (absolutely necessary). I have a new system. I have to restart yet again in determining the rules etc. The concept is the exact same as I was trading on pg 14, I just simply corrected the errors I had that I didn’t notice this past month so it would actually give me the correct results to trade.

All that being said, All my spreadsheets from the past 2 months now are worthless. I have to retest every single day in the past two months in order to find the pattern in the output so that I can effectively trade successfully. Realistically I want 6 months to a year of back tested data. And I have to test 2 possibly 3 time frames. Assuming it takes me about 3 minutes per one spreadsheet to test 1 pair, multiply the by 5 pairs, thats 15 mins to test just 1 previous day of back test data. It’s already been 10 days in April, if I test each pair for every day which I will most likely have too… thats a minimum of 2 hrs and 30 mins just to test April. Not even review the results. As you can imagine, that’s why I had been mainly forward testing my old error ridden sheet for close to a month because It sucks how much more time I have to put into the testing aspect. Its amazing how dedicated I was in the past, I would spend 10 hours a day pasting data into excel no problem, nowadays It kills me. I will be back later, I do have something to post. A nice little picture for everyone. Maybe test your pattern recognition skills.

Hello again pipNRoll

I was just about to try and delete my part in our conversation when i saw your lastest post.
I see what you are trying to say and thats fine. I have nothing to prove and neither do you.
I should also think a little more about the way i reply to people i dont know. Lesson learned.
Its a great site, i’m sure you get alot out of it too. Lets just forget this conversation if thats ok with you, except the part where we wished eachother a great weekend.

The problem is, someone can practice, modify, adjust, improve and attempt to perfect all they want. But if the core of their premise, theory, concept, whatever you call it, is wrong, they will never “get it right”, no matter how hard they try.

Has anyone taken the time to read LegOnd’s thread and attempted to understand what’s at the core of his trading method?

If so and if you understand the Forex Market Structure and Hierarchy you should quickly realize the core premise of LegOnd’s method is incorrect. He can work on it until the cows come home and it still won’t work.

Forex Market Structure | Who Trades Forex? | Preschool

I’m sorry but that is not how it works. 1 unit of volume equals 1 tic, and has nothing to do with the amount of money invested in the market.

PS And he won’t listen to other folks that try to help him, calls us haters. :17:

So if It didn’t work I wouldn’t be generating thousands of views, have achieved the level of success I have achieved, nor would I have so many supporters. Take your sh*t and leave. Do not post in my thread again. Thank you.

Lool … Theres always some action going on

Dont know the history between you guys so lets put that aside but 1 trade = 1 volume… d-pip is correct.

If that where true, why does volume vary slightly per broker and yet open and closing price are always the same? I tried looking up exactly what volume means as quoted by the broker, and yet there is nothing on the net.

No, on a retail FX platform 1 trade does not equal 1 unit of volume. Retail FX platforms are only showing tic volume. Tic volume equals how many times the price changed within that given time, has nothing to do with trades executed, orders triggered or buy/sell money entering/exiting the market.

I thought 1 trade = 1 volume and tic=time between 2trades. Please clarify d-pip

Dont bother with clarification…i get what you mean .Thanks!

No sh*t the volume the broker gives is not the money out in and out of the market. How many times do I have to say I DO NOT use broker volume. I calculate the real volume via my price equation (that banks and brokers use by the way). So lay off it.

I don’t understand. Those who do not believe in how I trade or if my concept is valid. What importance does it have to you? Why even waste your time posting in my journal meant for me in the first place? Makes no sense. Have a good weekend