Like watching paint dry

It is a difficult time to trade. The lack of volatility makes forex akin to juggling knives. We need a shake up in the equity markets to bring the money back. Bond futures indicating we may get that sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

My situation right now, currently short GBPUSD and long CADJPY. None of these trades are against the major trend but seeing the losses pile up is like watching paint dry.

Got rid of my CADJPY at 81.900 but got it at 80.500 so it was wonderful looks like it’s doing a pullback might wait for it to get to a lower 81 if possible since it’s made about a 40-50 pip turn the other way after hitting the 82 mark. Looking to capitalize on some shorts on AUD as well caught the AUDUSD short at 70.000 marking yesterday hoping I can take it further lower than the 69.500 area.

You see that the CBOE VIX remaining high.

And so far as I can tell: these recent moves up are on decreasing volume.

We need that CBOE vol to come over to forex! :yum:

1 Like

Sorry. Can’t help you there!!! LOL!!!

You see the FAANG stocks (well with the possible exception of FaceBook but the trading day is still relatively young) are almost back at their open today. Netflix turned negative actually. Microsoft too. Just saying.

(You cannot tell me you don’t miss this. What’s in FOREX??? LOL!!!)

What am I talking about. There’s always a way!!! LOL!!!

Only thought about this now. Larry Williams’ VIX Fix:

Larry Williams - VIX Fix

And THEN to take it one step further to something tradeable:

Will A Synthetic VIX Help Your Trading?

Exactly to what extent any of this is relevant when it comes to spot FOREX I know not. But take a look. Could be of interest.

(What can I say. I’m an absolute mine of superfluous, but possibly useless, information).