Live Micro Acct. Trading Dailies

Patience…

Pair is chewing through orders… I think if it starts heading north again looking at a target of 1.0429. That’s according to my “Magic 8 ball”! I’ll shake it again later this afternoon!

Critique…

This is a 4H chart of the AUDNZD. Entered long on 1/14/20

S/W analysis should have stayed away.
11 HMA was below the 45 HMA which was below the 45 XLV4 MA Should have looked for a pull back and shorted.
price was above the 11 HMA but below the 45 HMA if going counter trend should have been looking to get out quickly.

I did none of these. :open_mouth: subconsciously thinking this was the bottom turn? This was a classic “90 Percenter” execution. A total George Costanza.

While my patience is improving I have to be more aware of how I enter.

All positions still open.

It looks like price has been chipping away at supply that had been a prior demand level. Going long as I have when all indications were short should require me to place a TP to capture counter trend pips on a high during the day while I am away.

I have been considering when to TP. Riding the ups and downs of any trend doesn’t make the pay day any larger. It’s not like staying in a trade longer compounds returns. A pip is a pip no matter when it was gained - this is of course looking at a small retail account. The incremental increase in pip value is minimal at my trading level. Given that, is it better to TP more often and reopen a trade in that area of the TP? Mmmm. I see it like being on a ladder. Taking profit, whether I am long or short, ensures that I don’t have to back track any rungs of the ladder. Still thinking about this. In the end it’s how many pips have I banked or taken off the table. Another image I have is picking up pennies. It’s great if I know where they are (In a profitable position) it’s better if they are in my pocket.

Here are the 4H, D & W AUD/NZD from this morning Eastern Time approx. 5:40AM.

Might be getting ready to “bump up”

Hey KC @frandlost, AUDNZD has been ranging tightly across a 60 pip chanel since 24th January.

And it’s getting tighter… hard to make a dollar on this pair ATM.

1 Like

Just take in mind that AUD is a little weaker than NZD currently, so this may stay a while there, with possibility to go lower.

@Trendswithbenefits I know! demo experience is a poor substitute for live trading.

I have to be more deliberate in my entries!

Step at a time.

Tx, for checking in!

Roger @medisoft, keeping my eye on it. Thanks for the input.

KC

1 Like

There was a profitable move to the long side. Closed 8 trades: 2 for small loss but overall gain of $12.40 after swap. Decided to close all but one because of the range bound nature of this pair as @Trendswithbenefits noted above. Didn’t want to ride all trades into negative territory again. All trades were entered using stop limit orders.

The last trade was an outlier long very close to the most recent all time low. I didn’t think it would trigger but placed it thinking it was a major level of support and may not go much lower. If it did close the trade. If it “turns” I’m in at an excellent price. It played to my hand and I’m in at an excellent price. This trade is still open.

I have noted that the first grouping of trades could have been closed much earlier for a larger profit if I had a better grasp on price action.

Things to remember for U.S. Account … FIFO!! First In First Out! This is kind of a pain in the butt. Trades must be closed in the order of which they were opened. So I couldn’t bank pips from my most recent profitable trades while my small losses were making gains.

The way to avoid this is if the each order is of different lot size they can be closed in any order. This prompts the question if partial sale of a larger single order can be done if so when. I’ll have to check that out.

This will force me to send a scout trade out, .01. confirm direction and scale in… Mmmm lots to think about - :laughing::laughing: NPI!!!

Here are the 4H and D with the Trades On them.

Edit: Just closed my last trade for 69 pips. No more active trades in AUD/NZD. First excursion into live forex trading I’m in the green.

3 Likes

Wooohooo! Party time! :raised_hands: Will be bookmarking this thread! Thanks for putting this together, it motivates another newbie like me too :relaxed:

Here is the M, W & D of AUD/NZD. Has been ranging quite a while as @The_Baller mentioned a few posts back. I’m waiting to see if there is a pull back and support for a possible entry. Feel free to chime in if you have any thoughts on the direction/PA of this pair based on the charts below.

KC

hi, this is what i m looking at

from a daily perspective, as simple as that trendline break, but i need to wait for the daily candle to close above, then i ll look for the first pullback on the 1hr chart to get in at resist turned support, ema below like 50 and 200, maybe a fib, the more confluence the better. and then target the 200 ema on daily chart. if price moves my way, partial profit, stop at BE and let some run maybe to the top of the range or whatever wants to give in terms of pips.

1 Like

is that on the AUD/NZD?

The charts don’t display on my computer? Not sure why. I’ll google lightshot?

KC

hey, yes aussie kiwi, daily chart and 1hr or 4hr.

Limit orders were triggered, GBP/USD

Would like to find out if there is a way to standardize orders with initial SL/TP and then drag lines on chart to adjust… Just reread that… how much more lazy can I get!! :laughing::laughing::sweat_smile:

KC

@frandlost I can spot the HMA a mile away. :smiley: Nice setup :+1:

@FauxLife pardon my ignorance …What’s HMA?

Apparently I can’t even spot it when it’s right on the page!

KC

@frandlost The two moving averages on the charts. The look/behave like Hull MA; though weighted ma (WMA) kinda/sorta does the same.

@FauxLife, That’s really funny! Have used that a HMA shorthand myself… probably in this thread! And I just didn’t pick it up. I’m kind of digging the hull moving average that and the XLV4 moving average

I’m just trying to keep things pretty simple. I have a lot to learn.

Tx for jumping in!!

KC

You can do that on MT4, very handy.

It doesn’t show the cursor on the pic, but it’s there, on the SL line right above the text box that pops up “Drag to modify”.

tx @MattyMoney!!

KC