LMAX - perfect platform for HFT?

Hi, Hyperscalper
Thank you very much for all the detailed information about LMAX. It’s really helpful. By the way, if I mostly open market orders (i know you advised not to use market orders), can LMAX still give me some advantage with its partial wholesale price? Especially if my trade size is big?
Also, what do you think of currency futures? (For example, Euro futures). In this futures market, do we get 100% wholesale price? Have you thought about migrating to futures instead of forex?
Thank you.

1 Like

Oh, I was pretty surprised to know that LMAX is popular broker o_O
never heard about it before.
According to this LMAX review they charge 10k$ as a minimum deposit for nowadays.

You should be crazy if you are ready to make such a big deposit, lol

Hiya,

I read briefly this thread but unfortunately didn’t get you correctly yet. You developed a standalone trading desktop software that can receive data from Broker/Third-party-data-provider and used the Duk-{platform-based}-API/FIX-API as logic for analyzing the data, but sending trading decisions e.g. Buy/Sell to the different broker e.g. LMAX while using LMAX order management API for this part?
What’s the purpose of using Duk-API if the LMAX has its native API as well?

Tnx and best of luck :blush:

Hi,

Unfortunately, this thread was started back in 2014; and I’ve lived a couple of
lifetimes since then :slight_smile:

As a U.S. person, I lost access to both Dukascopy and LMAX years ago; and so
it’s best if I don’t get into the pros and cons.

If you are a “super hacker” and non-U.S. then you can use Dukascopy or LMAX
but you have to have very highly developed coding skills to do that.

Personally, my work has changed greatly, and I’m doing U.S. Futures using
NinjaTrader and some extremely high performance C# coding, since Forex has
been driven out of the U.S. and there is huge profit (and loss) potential
in the Nasdaq e-mini and micro contracts; and that’s my focus, so no more Forex :frowning:

After all, something which is highly active during my waking timezone; it so much
better than Forex, whose activities occur mainly in the London session, when I
am asleep ! zzzzzzzzzzz :slight_smile:

hyperscalper

1 Like

Hiya @HyperScalper

Thanks for the reply. I’m a non-US person. The matter in the coding for the FX trading system for me is the ones that I PM you, and I appreciate it if you could provide professional input and advice on?
I’m looking into developing a modular standalone application that can receive data from different options e.g. Broker/Third-party-data-provider and do the analysis based on selected development language and its frameworks and class libraries and amendable class libraries that I can recall from the languages with statistical capabilities e.g. MATLAB, Python, R, etc to the analysis on the Tick+Volume+etc data stored in the standalone applications database-solution and realtime live-data to make trading decisions e.g. Buy/Sell and sending it by preferably FIX-API to the prime broker. As a developer that you have done works in similar characteristics, I appreciate you may contribute your professional advice on this implementation? Also, I shall mention that the standalone application that I’m looking into implementing it, it’s just for single-user use, as I will e the only one who uses it to make my trading decisions based on the output of the analysis of the application provided as the graph on candlesticks chart or standalone application can send trading decisions e.g. Buy/Sell to the prime broker by FIX-API.
?

If I shall open a new thread and invite you with a link if it’s most suits you to reply there or you may kindly answer the PM if I send it? And I already sent PM one?

Tnx and best of luck :blush:

Well, currently I have an implementation which is absurd,
and strictly proprietary. It has everything from soup (Analysis)
to nuts (Execution) and is really over-kill. NinjaTrader is a
platform with huge power if you’re able to get over the learning
curve, and can integrate everything…

I’m happy to talk about various considerations, but my
impression at the moment is that you are being way too
ambitious. However, you could also surprise yourself !

Remember that “laser focus” is the key; and I think your
objectives may be too broad…?

hyperscalper

1 Like

Hey @HyperScalper ,

Traders and brokers are like chicken and eggs, hard to say who came first.

nice to discuss brokers again with you !

Try fxview.com , in my opinion, its atleast as good as lmax if not better

As always, much appreciate your inputs

BTW, fxview also has a rest API, so you can trade via sockets / https requests using any external technology and the speed isn’t much compromised over REST, which is impressive

Yes, they seem to be pretty good. Keep working and good luck to you.

If I trade manually and with a amount of 3000+ lots monthly and trade through an settlement account connected to LMAX. Is it a good idea to consider LMAX?

1 Like