London Breakout 1

No breakout for me yet, I wonder if we’re waiting on news? I guess I’m looking to use 1.5945 as the swing low.

Hoping for a pipful morning!

:slight_smile:

Yeah 1.5929 as per the rulebook…
…but if it breaks 1.5960 & 1.5945 I’m cheating! :smiley:

G’morning.

Is this the way trend lines are supposed to look today?

Cheers.

wrtm,

Yeah, I’d say the trend lines are still very valid but maybe today we should be calling it the “Broadway Open Strategy”!

Hi,
It looks like you took a doji candle of 12th oct (1600 London Local). You should look for swing high of 13th oct. Besides the candle that you connected on the right side is the candle that formed Just as London opened. Which means you waited an hour after london open and looking for trades. I would say i will actually trade that candle and not wait an hour more. As i said, i am still learning and i deserve the right to be wrong :wink:

Regards,
Muthu.
Chennai.
India.

Lol, hope this one gives us a good show :wink:

breakout came late , 2 candles after that pic
but don’t miss out on the overall uptrend leading up to that.

Folks, could someone post today’s charts so I know i’ve understood the strategy correctly ?

Also can I confirm we are taking the candles from 3am GMT to 7:59 GMT, in other words, 4am to 8:59 london local time (BST).

Geoft85

Today, wed Oct 14, wasn’t a good example of the london breakout. Maybe because a lot of UK news around 9:30 london time.

If you have the time spin back through your charts for past days and practice drawing lines around the london open.

IMO and I know others disagree with me, I suggest you pay more attention to the “concept” of trading “trend line breakouts”. And not so much attention to the exact candles, time frames and what constitutes a perfect textbook swing high or low.

Market price action is dynamic, it’s never the same two hours in a row let alone two days in a row. I believe in learning and trading profitable concepts, not just following the rules.

That make sense?
good luck and thanks!

if you want a great book on how to draw trend lines etc
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/30078-stikky-charts.html

thanks for mentioning that book d-pip, I may look into that. have a little trouble figuring out where s/r lines should go.

try googling stikky stock chart pdf, looks like you can download a free 42 page teaser copy!

Early take off this morning.

Looks like we have to wait for a retrace later in the day.

May the pips follow you.

:wink:

Yeah… this morning it’s way to jerky and confusing for my money!
I’m just going to wait for it to settle down

wow… just notice it broke 1.6150!

Thought of trying out an early London breakout today and looks like the move paid off. Hope someone caught this move Live and still on it. I used a 40pip tsl and in the trade with 175 pips +.

Regards,
Muthu.

I just started watching this method the last two days. Yesterday I got pulled away during the late breakout, and today the breakout didnt match the rules, so no trade. Hopefully tomorrow I can give this one a try. Nice breakout thats still running for those that caught it.

Wrong candle… You got in too early… Give the pips back… just joking!!!

I’m jealous, for the last 12-16 hours I’ve been waiting expecting a GBP move down… LOL

looks like you played it perfect on the break, really NICE! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Wrong candle for sure. Funny how these trades work.

Regards,
Muthu.

Didnot take the trade on Euro. This is how i drew my trend lines.

Hi muthu - it’s a good idea to edit your pictures beforehand. You have left your account number and other information on that post on a publicly available site.
:wink:

Edit: Just saw it was demo…