London Breakout 1

Doesn’t it look like GBP is in a great bulls vs bear battle?

If you’re a bolls band fan you’ll see that GBP is near the middle of both the 1h and 4h band.

Both 1h 20MA and 4hMA are right around the 1.6360 range.

Wonder who’ll win?

Euro’s stops moved to BE and trade is running with a small lot.

Regards,
Muthu.
Chennai.
India.

The bears won…:D.

My T/P is 1.6289=S1. A spike outside lower 3:20 BB on 1h and we should be there. :smiley:

Great morning for Breakouts…EU + GU.

Wow what a morning! Do you have a rule about moving stop loss at break even? :slight_smile:

Hello Clint,

Sounds good. Hope you bagged the pips during the move.

Regards,
Muthu.

The lower fib level (profit target) looked a real teaser and with the new hour and a green candle, i decided to close the trade at this level.

Regards,
Muthu.
Chennai.
India.

I move S/L manually…as per PA on 5m & 15m…10/15 pips at the time until break even [I adopted that strat from R. Carter]. Get as quickly to break even as possible.

Then I watch PA on 5,15m,1h,4h and move S/L accordingly depending what PA tells me.

Thanks a lot Cas!

Hi,
I think you directed the question to me. No i dont think there is any rule that is there as far as i know regarding moving stops to BE. May be other learned members here can enlighten further.

Regards,
Muthu.

And what’s your criteria to mover your stop loss to break even Muthu?! :slight_smile:

l look for a target of 20 to 25 pips for euro and 30 to 35 pips for cable. If there is good momentum, i try to make use by moving stops to BE at this point and trade with a small lot. Fib levels are also used as target areas.

Regards,
Muthu.

Some of the bulls still think they’ve got a chance and don’t seem to be too happy about giving up :mad:

I bailed out…candle color change @1.6325 after wick @outer 1h 2:20 boll.

You’re right…bulls have come back for now. :frowning:

Gives me +25 pips.

EDIT: That what happens when PA spooks ya…you get out and moments later your set T/P target get’s hit. :rolleyes:

[B]Muthu[/B]

That EU breakout ain’t over yet…

I entered two positions…

1. @1.4836…break upper trendline which is “about” daily PP

2. @1.4807…break lower trendline

T/P for both is [email protected]

I reckon there is more than a good chance EU “arrives” @my T/P. :smiley:

Muthusai,

are you still using the 0:00Candle, 01:00,02:00, 03:00 and 04:00AM candle for your swing highs and lows? Or did you change anything with London now at GMT? What time zone do you use?

Thanks,
Antonio

Muthusai,

are you still using the 00:00, 01:00,02:00, 03:00 and 04:00AM candle for your swing highs and lows? Or did you change anything with London now at GMT? What time zone do you use?

Thanks,
Antonio

Hi Cas,
Yes afer i closed out of Euro trade, price came down after a retrace :mad:

Muthu.

Hi,

I think i am breaking the rules left and right :slight_smile: . I am only looking for early breakouts. I am at GMT+5.5 and I use IBFX which is in line with GMT.

Regards,
Muthu.

Cas
thanks for the heads up on this one, I’ll keep an eye open for it too

I like your optimism with your T/P! :slight_smile: Oil day, right?