Long term swing trading... almost like printing money

Closed EUR/USD long at 1.11995 for +28.8 pips. EUR/USD keeps changing…it is unusual.

EUR/CAD trade is still open.

Note: on my fxbook account I am trading very very small % of account, like 0.01% because sizing all depends on the person trading, the point is this system will make a lot of pips and you can decide how much you want to risk per pip. I could ramp up the % of account to 5% of account but that wouldn’t do any good for a small account trader. I advise risking 5% or so of whatever the trading balance is on each trade. Usually 2-3 trades will be open at once, once I start getting more trades to take.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/swingforfences/swing-for-fences/2151710

Opened USD/JPY short at 111.008

Opened GBP/CHF short at 1.24392

EUR/CAD trade is still open

1 Like

Closed USD/JPY short at 111.572 for -56.4 pips.

Opened USD/JPY long at 111.571

EUR/CAD short is still open

GBP/CHF short is still open

Swing for the fences System by swingforfences | Myfxbook

1 Like

If I don’t start seeing anyone in here I will stop posting. This forum seems to be dead.

2 Likes

Closed USD/JPY long at 111.459 for -11.2 pips.

Opened USD/JPY short at 111.459

2 Likes

Closed USD/JPY short at 111.153 for +30.6 pips

1 Like

Hi swingforthefences,
I suspect folks are just quietly watching.
I found the answers to my questions looking at your Myfxbook page.
Cheers,
syntaxfx

1 Like

Pretty much.

It looks as though the forum persistently ignored all suggestions from its most active members and therefore gradually lost nearly all of them, while the traffic took a nose-dive.

This is awesome. If you take a look at my posts (I’m new, so there’s not a whole lot of them) you will see that I have been fairly constantly beating the drum of trading longer time frames.

You just make so much more profit per trade for so much less risk that I don’t understand this fascination with scalping that seems to be so popular with most traders.

Scalping = stupidity

All trades open at a loss. Scalping is constantly and repeatedly through your trading day losing money and then complaining that you’re losing money and the market is moving against you!

When you trade longer time frames and you let your winners just run you get to make much more and with much less stress. You get to place a trade and go out and enjoy your life instead of being leashed to your computer all the time watching every little market tick.

Long term trading is the only way to go.

1 Like

Curious, then, that so many successful, long-term, professional traders have found the exact opposite?

Hey everyone, I just found this thread. I was a very active scalper from the late 90’s into the early 2000’s when other commitments took over. Did well on the eminis but never made money on Forex.
Just getting started again and realized the markets have changed so much.
The question is in the markets today Scalp or Swing?

Curious then that so many successful, long-term, professional traders have found what I said to be exactly the truth. Unless you’re talking about institutional traders. But on the retail side, those trading just using MT4 or whatever … I’ve found that the the shortest time frame any of us trade on that ACTUALLY do it for a living (and aren’t lying about it on a forum) … every single one of us is on 1H or longer with most trading 1D.

That’s my opinion. You have yours. We can agree to disagree unless you have actual proof/statistics to back up your position that I’m wrong.

1 Like

Good work, Swingforthefences.
I am following you here on this forum.
I am not on FB anymore due to privacy issues and fake news issues which have not been addressed by FB admin.
Another story … for another day!

Please keep posting here, as longer term trading is in my blood.
I am very keen to support anyone who trades longer term, especially when they have the courage to put their trades up for all to see.

Well done mate, and please continue.
You are just beginning, and will soon have a great following.

Regarding Baby Pips losing members:
I suspect (but do not know) that many former prolific posters are still here, but taking some time to get used to the changes. I was one of the ones a bit ruffled by the upheaval, but I can see it settling down and will be good once people learn the new format.

Please hang around and keep going.
Silence does not mean no one is listening.
Ingot

2 Likes

Well I’m not sure what it is you expect others to post? The looks of your thread to me looks more like a signal service more then anything else or a trade journal. I mean what is there to say? You in no way have explained your method of trading or have showed any charts for others to even begin to understand why you are taking trades & to ask questions regarding your method.

Good luck

Doesn’t even look profitable TBH judging by his myfxbook, total scam

How does one scam without charging someone money? That must be a new trick.

Closed GBP/CHF and USD/JPY trades.

Opened 3 trades

GBP/NZD short at 1.78016

EUR/JPY short at 128.862

AUD/CHF short at 0.75170

If between these 3 trades I do not net 300 pips profit minimum I will take back everything I said and also donate $50 to babypips if they accept donations. Hows that sound?

:+1:

@Ingot54
Good to see you are still around. I remember you from the T2W forum

We shall see then :slight_smile: no need to donate money, just prove me wrong.

I think you would get a better audience on FF though if your plan was to share a system for free

Looks like they’re stop hunting atm though on EURJPY

Here are my S/L and T/P on these trades so you guys can see the moves I am expecting. Also a the Risk/Reward on these is quite large.
'
I did try to join FF first, however they seem to be having issues with new accounts. New account posts must be approved and no matter what I tried to talk about in my first few posts, it never showed up.

EUR/JPY : Enter: 128.862 S/L: 130.800 T/P: 124.200

GBP/NZD Enter: 1.78016 S/L: 1.79000 T/P: 1.74000

AUD/CHF Enter: 0.75170 S/L: 0.75500 T/P: 0.73100

Total Risk: around 326 pips

Total potential Reward: 1074 pips

1 Like

Ohh yes you have to be an active member for 10 posts or something I think first, just to stop people showing up and advertising things.

I will follow you here and see how it goes :slight_smile: GL