Longtime Reader, First Time Caller

Hi @osprey2k!! :smiley: Welcome welcome! It’s nice to see so many new people. :slight_smile: Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay and I’m sure you’d find really helpful threads here! :smile:

Well by golly! Where were you justshell 10 years ago when I was writing bad MQL to create automated trading bots? You could have saved me some grief!

Hey ria! Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 Like

lol I’m not sure if that was even the most commonly used strategy 10 years ago. I just know that’s what almost every profitable trader is doing now, using price action and technical analysis. To be honest, I don’t really see how any trader can be profitable without being skilled in TA

justshell I’m just messin’ with ya… I hadn’t heard of it 10 years ago and even if I had I probably would have dismissed it as I was obsessed with an automated approach. I realize now that a simpler approach is probably best.

yeah :smile: that’s also better, at least we will not repeat the mistakes which you have done.

1 Like

Hello and welcome back to the community @osprey2k! Good luck with your trading journey! Don’t forget to update us on what you’ve learned. It might also help newbies like me. :slight_smile:

@V.vincent you’d be hard-pressed to come up with a mistake I haven’t made… from overtrading to “revenge trading” to moving stops deeper into losing positions to doubling-down on clear losers… I think the biggest problems I’ve had are psychological - an inability to recognize my emotions and disassociate them from any action I might take.

1 Like

Thanks @baemax023… what I’ve learned is that most of the problems you will have in almost every arena of life are in the space between your ears, lol. When you can learn to monitor and guide your thoughts consciously you will find a more peaceful way to live (and trade). Its a moment-to-moment struggle for me but I will never give up.

1 Like

It’s a sign - it’s time to create your own thread here!

@purtle that’s a good idea… do you have one?

I do not. I don’t think I have the confidence to start one just yet.

Hello @osprey2k, welcome to babypips. Maybe you can start a trading journal here so that others may help and learn from you. :slight_smile:

I’m currently going through that phase now lol I’m trying everyday to keep my emotions out of trading, and just follow my plan without going crazy by overtrading and not setting stop losses

Thanks @CoinLady! I think I will do that… do you have a journal?

It’s a real challenge for sure… I know for me the excitement of having a trade on is a lure I have to learn to resist… when I’m busy with other things I do better.

@CoinLady, @purtle… as Taylor Swift would say, “look what you made me do”: osprey2k Trades Forex :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh Wow! Congrats to you! Having my trading journal here somehow forces me to look for trades and check the charts everyday. I feel this wouldn’t be possible if I was the only one seeing my trading journal haha. Sorry I missed your post asking if I had a trading journal here. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

Wow! This is awesome. Congrats! Now I feel the pressure haha.

@CoinLady, thanks… I look forward to checking your journal out.
@purtle… no pressure at all :wink:

1 Like