Longtime Reader, First Time Caller

I’ve been fooling around with Forex off and on for about 10 years now. I’ve tried a few approaches (automated systems, trading fundamentals) without much success. Now I’m exploring price action. We’ll see where it leads!

1 Like

Nice! Welcome to the forums. Good to see you posting here! Will you be updating this thread? Looking forward to your progress.

Welcome Osprey!!

It’s a great community here at BPs.
Good info to help your flight to success!

FR&L

In that case I invite you to my price action thread (Trade Ideas (Using Price-Action & Patterns)) where I periodically throw out trades based on price action/pattern analysis. You can also check out some of my price action threads for a number of years back that have some good information for beginners.

4 Likes

Welcome to the babypips. you have 10 years of experience in the forex, it will be very good to hear your experiences also.

Thanks purtle! I’ll be posting updates somewhere not exactly sure where yet… I used to have a trading blog… it’s probably lost in cyberspace now.

Thanks frandlost! I look forward to being a part of this community.

Thanks krugman25, I will definitely check that out!

Thanks V.vincent… I can certainly help with what NOT to do, lol!

Welcome! I hope all goes well, wishing you lots of good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks Lilly! Looking forward to the experience.

That should have been your first stop. Mostly all profitable retail traders use price action strategies

Hi @osprey2k!! :smiley: Welcome welcome! It’s nice to see so many new people. :slight_smile: Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay and I’m sure you’d find really helpful threads here! :smile:

Well by golly! Where were you justshell 10 years ago when I was writing bad MQL to create automated trading bots? You could have saved me some grief!

Hey ria! Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 Like

lol I’m not sure if that was even the most commonly used strategy 10 years ago. I just know that’s what almost every profitable trader is doing now, using price action and technical analysis. To be honest, I don’t really see how any trader can be profitable without being skilled in TA

justshell I’m just messin’ with ya… I hadn’t heard of it 10 years ago and even if I had I probably would have dismissed it as I was obsessed with an automated approach. I realize now that a simpler approach is probably best.

yeah :smile: that’s also better, at least we will not repeat the mistakes which you have done.

1 Like

Hello and welcome back to the community @osprey2k! Good luck with your trading journey! Don’t forget to update us on what you’ve learned. It might also help newbies like me. :slight_smile:

@V.vincent you’d be hard-pressed to come up with a mistake I haven’t made… from overtrading to “revenge trading” to moving stops deeper into losing positions to doubling-down on clear losers… I think the biggest problems I’ve had are psychological - an inability to recognize my emotions and disassociate them from any action I might take.

1 Like