Looking for a good trading journal template

Is there a way (or is it even a good idea) to also include the charts in a spreadsheet? That way I can visually see the setup to remind me why I even put in a trade? As a visual person, I’m trying to figure out how to somehow incorporate charts - at least if that’s what you’re trading off of and not fundamentals?

3 Likes

Thank you for posting the link, very useful for me.

1 Like

And- reason of your trade. By the way, I use almost all of your points.

1 Like

Yeah mate I think the most important things is just remembering why we placed these trades.

It does wonders when you are reviewing your journal by the end of the year to just look at the stats and kind of see where your more profitable trades come from.

Once I started using a journal 2 years ago I’ve noticed when it comes to USD/CAD & USD/JPY I’m usually 78% successful with trades on those 2 pairs. Again it helped narrow my focus and just develop better habits when trading with these pairs.

1 Like

It’s really true; even I have the similar experience when I started to store my trading records initially.

2 Likes

Exactly, because sometimes we made mistake by our excitement or bad practice. In this case, this point can help us.

This is really helpful.

Thank you very much!!

I think the simplest way to do this is to save it on your computer. Just keep a track on your excel. Most people prefer that instead of some platform.

pls share ur template mate

Trading software tracks your trades, why a journal. Instead focus on perfecting a system, by that i mean lowering the max losing streak in a worse case scenario. It should be one ever-evolving document, a set if instructions, forget the journal. Your uncertainty will die down once you compile something that works