Looking for broker as US Citizen (IC Markets?)

Hi,

Fairly new trader and I’m looking for a broker who accepts US Citizens.

I initially signed up with Tradersway, but heard some things about them so a bit leery.

Anyway, I was then recommended IC Markets from quite a few people.

I’m a dual citizen currently living in another country outside of the USA.

Is the restrictions on signing up with IC Markets based on citizenship or your residence?

Would I, being a dual citizen currently living outside the USA, be allowed to open and start trading with IC Markets?

If so, I’m planning on moving back to the USA in a month… what happens then?

Do I just trade using a VPN?

Any advice, recommendations or suggestion is welcomed! Thanks

Well, I currently use Hugosway, but I recently heard some negative things about IC Markets,you should look more into it

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I’ve heard about Hugosways… how’s the experience so far?

Have you withdrawn anything from them? If so, did it go smoothly?

Thanks

1 Like

Rhymes with stay away.

1 Like

I personally haven’t had any issues with them, maybe others have. But, I deposit and withdraw via bitcoin, and doesn’t take long for withdrawals

1 Like

Don’t bother using IC markets, that is a NO NO. Also, will your VPN save you from passport and address verification? Any broker that accepts USA clients, takes these things seriously. So you are probably better off with brokers in the USA. If you have a none USA profile, you can use Forexchief broker. They offer tight spreads and good leverage. Withdrawing fund from this broker is also very quick and easy.

1 Like

Hi Vanpeters, I’m actually a dual citizen so I do have a non US passport and am currently living outside the US as well.

As far as USA based brokers, I believe there aren’t any that allow scalping with tight spreads??? Unless you know of 1?

If you are looking for scalping, then Fxbrew will be a good idea I think, spreads are as low as 0.2 on majors

1 Like