Lost most of my life savings in forex

I feel your pain, been there and done that. You’ve just got to either bounce back or quit. Don’t dwell on the past because it will eat up at you and affect your future performance.

You can get back the money you lost if you can gain knowledge. You have to do research on trading and gather information. A profitable trader’s strategy must be followed.

Correct! Learning can be of great help and any one who wishes to become a successful trader, has to start with learning first.

1 Like

Absolutely. Without learning, there’s no reaching anywhere. In fact, even when has has learnt how to trade successfully, there is scope of never ending thing that a trader can add to his skill set. So, learning must be never-ending and consistent.

I have to agree with BillyBoy he is Spot on!!!

A part of loss trading. We should learn from the loss and move forward. After a long lost, I have now covered that loss and become profitable.

If you were that irresponsible with money, let someone else influence you to trade live with zero experience with money you could not spare, and have to go to a forum to question if you should continue in this industry, then yes quit. There are other ways to make alot of money. This one is not for you.

i feel so sorry for you but looks like you were not prepared for what was about to come. Please know that trading is no joke and its requires skill , knowledge and discipline.

1 Like

Absolutely true. One should be prepared and learn to take losses and profits in stride. Plus, knowledge is an essential part of trading.

Never invest more than you are willing to lose. Remember, you will make more losses than you will make profits.

You really have to ask how he accumulated $60,000 in the first place. As Gordon Gecko once said, “A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place!”

Im glad I saw this post now I will definitely embrace demo trading .

Everyone should practice enough on demo account. It really helps a lot.

its a sad story but one should learn from it. forex can never be a full time profession and you cannot dependent on it for the earning. one should deposit the money he/she can afford to lose and by losing it wont affect them.

Indeed.
I wonder how the original poster is these days, I hope he’s managed to get back on his feet.

There will be losses in trading but you have to learn from these losses. It is possible to develop trading skills if you can learn from the Mistake.

1 Like

you was too greedy. as some posters says here

you shouldnt have put all your eggs in the same basket

with 60k you put 10k in stocks long terms, 5k in bonds, 10k in gold, 20k in real estate (you borrow 100k and you rent it), 10k in cash for emergency and dont know what you would have done with the others 5k

but like you saw you’d have a better risk management and not loose everything. or maybe even winning something

trading short term is not a hobby, its a job. so if you arent able to make the studies for it dont do it (its like 1year of learning theory+ backtesting strategies and 6 to 8 months of every week profitable in demo account) then you can start with real
putting big money in real when you dont have experience its insane, like you said

I’m weak now otherwise I would have help you out for free but I’m tired and I am too busy with trading search (news) learning more and advancing myself plus my work and business creation, and family.
Some pieces of advice: watch youtube videos, do babypips educational, be patient, demo for at least 2 to 6 months to a year on many brokers mt4 platforms, practice more, do research, don’t be greedy and set a plan, control the human greed emotional, and when starting to trade with real money begin with nano lot which only trade on 1cent and then move to 10 cents, 50 cents, $1.00 before going big. I am so sorry that you lost that much and I myself had lost but I will never give up until I’m expired from this world and I advise you to never give up. Find a new job while you practice and take time and you will tank my God later.
My neighbors are multi millionaires and I am jelly (jealous) to be like them too. :joy::joy::joy: I am not playing!!!

I hope so too.

100%
Losses are just a part of a trader’s life and shouldn’t’ be taken as disruptive always. Instead we should try to review when losses occur as to why they occurred and what she be done in future to avoid them.

1 Like